Is a woman's place in the kitchen?

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you think things can change in the future of men being dominant? And women being dominant instead?
Males are dominant because we live in a patriarchal society basically by definition of what a patriarch is the male is the 'head' of the household, but you can go through history and find various examples of matriarchal societies such as when Cleopatra rules Egypt. As unpopular an as an opinion is I'd argue that at least in the US the worst thing to be is a white straight male. To clarify yes they aren't a marginalized group persay and are treated as the default in who holds power, but anything a white male says is held under scrutiny in our current society. Easy to accuse a white male as sexist or racist at even the slightest unpopular opinion presented and get them crucified in the media for doing so additionally there's a sort of sense that if a white male is murdered it's not really news, but a member of a minority being killed by a white male that's a soap box for everybody's political agenda to show how marginalized they are or perceive themselves to be.

People complain about everything, specially change. Doesn't stop it from happening. Doesn't matter if people gets angst about change. Change happens when the majority wants, regardless of the will of the minority, for better or worse.
This is simply not true. Quick and easy way to show this is that 51% of the world population is female and yet most societies are patriarchal, if the majority truly ruled everything unilaterally then every society would be matriarchal. More accurately change happens when those in power allow it to happen or those outside of power force it to making it not worth the losses of those in power to resist it any longer this accounts for governmental coups, rebellions, and even social pressures to affect change rather than it simply being over reduced to a majority rules situation after all dictatorships, monarchies, and aristocracy exist and existed for a reason. Power rules in one way or another be it military force or money it's not as simple as saying who has the number of bodies to throw at a situation even in a democracy it's honestly not the case.

Last edited:

kujaku

Kin
2,928💸
Kumi
352💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
don't get involved, don't get involved

Quick and easy way to show this is that 51% of the world population is female and yet most societies are patriarchal
Well, yes, but how many of those actually do something towards change? Simply having the number doesn't prove anything, you need action.
Also, change takes a really long time. Society is constantly changing, little by little, but those changes won't be fully visible until you look back 100 years from now. Change simply doesn't happen overnight.
Post automatically merged:

Umm, on topic: everyone's place is in the kitchen. If you can't provide for yourself... I won't even continue that thought.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Well, yes, but how many of those actually do something towards change? Simply having the number doesn't prove anything, you need action.
Also, change takes a really long time. Society is constantly changing, little by little, but those changes won't be fully visible until you look back 100 years from now. Change simply doesn't happen overnight.

Umm, on topic: everyone's place is in the kitchen. If you can't provide for yourself... I won't even continue that thought.
Hi jukaku..ur name look like beautifull sky smiling to earth..

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Irrelevant honestly, if the statement is made that it's simply the majority that determines when change occurs at a whim then the paradigm wouldn't be what it is in the first place needing to change there also wouldn't need to be lengthy civil rights protests if it was simply the majority needing to decide when change happens it'd simply happen because they willed it to.

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To answer my own question - no.

As to why?

I don't care.
Taking the time to answer a question means you care, at least a little. If you didn't care at all then you wouldn't even spend the briefest moment on it as you don't care of the result additionally you posed the thread to begin with thus to some degree you were involved at one point, being involved is caring on some level. Id est going out of your way* to say you don't care about something is in fact caring and ergo I call shenanigans.

*Being that you have to actively click and seek out posts on a forum that is going out of your way

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Taking the time to answer a question means you care, at least a little. If you didn't care at all then you wouldn't even spend the briefest moment on it as you don't care of the result additionally you posed the thread to begin with thus to some degree you were involved at one point, being involved is caring on some level. Id est going out of your way* to say you don't care about something is in fact caring and ergo I call shenanigans.

*Being that you have to actively click and seek out posts on a forum that is going out of your way
I meant I don't have a proper argument as to why people should accept my answer, I care enough to let you know of my position, I just don't care enough to come up with elogant arguments.

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I meant I don't have a proper argument as to why people should accept my answer, I care enough to let you know of my position, I just don't care enough to come up with elogant arguments.
I see, so now you're saying you do care? Seems I was right to call Shenanigans, he always sorts these things out. Good ol' Shenanigans.

*Also did you mean eloquent or elegant? With that particular misspelling I can't decide which or I wouldn't care. Assuming eloquent, but it's closer to elegant. Do you want your arguments to be persuasive or just be stylish and look nice?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
chikombo@ what is teh day today?????..
Saturday I believe.

I see, so now you're saying you do care? Seems I was right to call Shenanigans, he always sorts these things out. Good ol' Shenanigans.

*Also did you mean eloquent or elegant? With that particular misspelling I can't decide which or I wouldn't care. Assuming eloquent, but it's closer to elegant. Do you want your arguments to be persuasive or just be stylish and look nice?
Are you trolling me?