[Theory] interpretation of the last page in chapter 28

Dirty Deeds

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now that I've read the chapter a few more times I'm gonna talk about that last scene, since it seems like it's a bit unclear. Or my interpretation of it anyway, which is probably wrong because it's Ishida we're talking about here.
-So Takizawa's obviously delighted to have the entire place listening to his S&M session with Sasaki. How kinky of you, pineapple-kun. But here I go about the dialogue.

White Text Box: "GHAAAA", ect. Black Text Box: "HAHAHAHA"

-I think this up to this section, what's going on is what's been going on. Haise getting his ass kicked and Seidou is laughing and continuing to do doing his insanity thing, and Kaneki is losing it more and more, so he's screaming. And at the very least, Takizawa thinks he going to continue having his way with Haise, so he's laughing. This isn't going anywhere good. If you interpret the "smirk-smirk" on page 17 as Kaneki's smirk than this definitely isn't going anywhere good. So Haise is white bubbles and Takizawa is black bubbles.

Kaneki: "AH" Takizawa: "OOOOOOOO"

If we assume that "Ah" is being said by Haise, it's finally a much 'calmer' than the text for him has been for him, for the most part. It short, straight and thin. He's calm, and if he's finally decided he will need to give in to Kaneki. Haise is giving up, and Kaneki is coming out. It's a calm before the storm kind of thing. So Takizawa sees his Kakuja mask forming, he sees Kaneki doing something weird, and his reaction is to just say "OOOOO", because he's crazy and probably not thinking through the implications of what may be happening.

White Text Box (Takizawa): "GRA RAA RAA", etc. Black Text Box (Kaneki): "GRAAAAA", etc.

Their respective text colors have flipped here, I believe. At this point, Kentipede could be out in full force. Even if Takizawa doesn't feel pain, an unexpected and hard hit from a Kakuja could be enough to startle him into screaming like that. Behind the screaming white text-box is even more wild-looking black text-box, which presumably would be Kaneki's. It's bigger and more erratic looking than Takizawa's. So by order of desperation Kaneki is out and ready to defend Haise (himself), and ready to kick ass. Kaneki probably isn't 103-bones on Takizawa yet, but either way something is going on, because there's no reason for both of them to be screaming like that.
And that's where the chapter ends.

Reactions: ANiMUS and Byron123

Frankenstein

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Woah I think you are right, how did we all miss that? Kaneki probably counterattacked already and maybe that explains the frightened look on Saiko's face. She very well could be frightened not because of Haise being thrown around but because Kaneki went full berserk mode on Takizawa.

Byron123

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's an excellent theory, I also though that there was some role in all this screaming but I couldn't really deduce it. At first I thought that the calm "ah" were Saiko's, who was panting from exhaustion from her previous fight but this "ah" is written in that stange bubble that is used when they talk through radio. Anyway, kudos :)

Last edited:

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nice theory. Hope u r right and Kaneki returns. Haise is too weak and it would be perfect if after this whole ordeal Kaneki just pretended to be Haise's for a while.

Last edited:

Dirty Deeds

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wow, I did felt lost reading those pages, thanks for the read. I'll re read again tomorrow.
np mate i felt lost reading it the first couple of times as well

Nice theory. Hope u r right and Kaneki returns. Haise is too weak and it would be perfect if after this whole ordeal Kaneki just pretended to be Haise's for a while.
i hope i'm right too , ill be disappointed if we don't get kaneki next chapter v.v

That's an excellent theory, I also though that there was some role in all this screaming but I couldn't really deduce it. At first I thought that the calm "ah" were Saiko's, who was panting from exhaustion from her previous fight but this "ah" is written in that stange bubble that is used when they talk through radio. Anyway, kudos :)
thanks mate, i just like you thought the "ah" was directed towards saiko but then i noticedd the "smirk,smirk" in the previous paige and deduced that most like its kaneki . also saiko had her own bubble there with the "ughh.." ^_^

Woah I think you are right, how did we all miss that? Kaneki probably counterattacked already and maybe that explains the frightened look on Saiko's face. She very well could be frightened not because of Haise being thrown around but because Kaneki went full berserk mode on Takizawa.
most likely, i hope so anyways lol