0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
In Your Bellies

You must be registered for see images

Really how many of you have racked your brains out trying to figure out the meaning of this line. Well I think I have an idea. Think about it what do we know about V besides the fact that they are rulers of the world and mislead people by getting them to put all of their attention on Ghouls. And one other thing :bdpf:

They breed ghouls...., but why. Is there something special about their genes that they are trying to protect?

Ladies and gentleman I propose that the members of V upon defeating the previous OEK devoured him.

This is why the one eyed king is always illustrated being nothing, but bones. His flesh has been stripped and devoured by the members of V. As a result the members of V were given a portion of the OEK's strength. :tea: It has already been established that the Kagunes from those blood related have similarities, and if you want tangible proof then all you need to do is just look at Eto's form when she first took on the CCG, her Kakuja looked exactly like Yoshimura's to the point that it took CCG years to tell the difference.

So in Kaneki's case Rize would actually be someone carrying a large portion of the OEK's genes, (would explain the strength of her Kagune, and her more than exceptional Regeneration) so when Kaneki was implanted with Rize's Kakuhou, he had in fact been given a piece of the OEK

Now some of you guys may say, "But that was over a hundred years ago surely those V members would have died off right?" Well that is why they take part in selective breeding. I propose that V members only breed with either other V members or approved really strong ghouls in order to keep the strength of the OEK that they devoured strong in the veins of their offspring. If this theory turns out to be true it would actually bring new meaning to Eto's request.

Eto would effect be either telling Kaneki to kill off all remnants of the old OEK, or for Kaneki to erase all traces of the OEK, himself included. Now why would this be necessary??? Well lets use Naruto as an example, Madara in particularly. Because Madara was so well known Obito was able to use Madara's name to assemble the infamous group Akatsuki and even start war. The OEK is the same. One who is known as the One Eyed King would inspire great fear and reverence and this effect wouldn't end at the King himself, but also his offspring or anyone who had acquired his powers. So in order to balance the scales once more all traces of the OEK may need to be eradicated so that no one can sit on the throne.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agent Phrank

Ciao

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
interesting theory...but...
however "in your bellies" is a shitty translation
it actually means 'you should already know / you are getting warmer / you already know'

Clover

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I've read several translations of this chapter so far, and going by other translations and the context then I will have to say that I agree with Ciao here. The translations is off, it seems more that Eto is stating how they are getting closer to the truth. "In your bellies" can just as well be a metaphor for getting closer to the center, seeing how the belly is the center of the body. That aside, it is an interesting theory, though one that I feel could be fleshed out more.

SasukeUchiha910

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I believe the best translation was " Is among you", or something like that, but that is a great thoery , unfortunately I believe the OEK is just a title and a icon until someone claims it, and I think eto was indeed telling kaneki to kill her because the Title of OEK is indeed associated with her and the V does not know the she is not the true OEK, or she could being telling him to join her and kill the idea of the OEK by making it a reality.

Last edited: