Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In the shadows I dwell, forever watching over the place I once called home; a faraway place of joy, excitement and adventure, a kingdom in which I thrived.

What ever happened to the Lone King on the rock? The one we all used to admire? In time of greatness the Lone King shone, attracting various people from around the world to his Kingdom... But in time of despair and uncertainty, the Lone King withdrew, and so, did his followers shortly thereafter. The fading Kingdom of the once great King forever lost in darkness, a darkness in which I now reside. Forever biding my time... Watching... Hoping... That the once great Kingdom we all knew and admired will reach out once again to the high mountains, the vast oceans and the deep forests surrounding the land, reuniting the people under its banner. Will the Lone King ever return and will the land be prosperous like it used to? Will a new generation take our place? As I watch from the shadows of darkness... Pondering... Procrastinating, the answer eludes me. Is it too late to return to former glory? Is it too late to reclaim our rightful throne?

No...

But as time slowly fades away... Darkness consumes me.

Last edited:

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Quite an interesting piece!

Never thought a comment would land this time around x'P

This piece is a reflection of NB's decline over the years you could say that I just scrambled down back in Mars as a last farewell to my writing on here, but it's also about life really if you think it through. Someone who's waiting for the right moment to step (back) into the light and to live and breathe again like the rest of us. It's kind of dark but at the same time it's not as gloomy as it might seem with the first read.

Funny thing is that different people who have read it (my friends on here, friends at home, etc) reacts differently so it's a matter of perception I guess. Some say it is indeed about NB, others claim it's about me retiring from my writing on here, haha, while others a reflection of how to step away from the darkness of one's path, to move forward into the light...

For me personally now, it's a mix of everything I suppose. Glad you liked it ;)

Last edited:

Master Sword

Regular
Kin
842💸
Kumi
177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
~ You should step back into the light when the time is right, but for now-... For now all you can do is dwell...

Dwell in darkness until the sun rises again and from there on and out step forward and lead the way... Inspire and reach out, to those around and those far away, reach out to the people and reclaim that throne. Bring light back to the land, and the Kingdom shall once again prosper. Hope is a curious thing because for in those that remains, it leads a path towards the future, a bright future where everything is as it should be, but only by following their King will they ever get there. Return on that day when the sun rises, and we shall know peace my friend. ~

Last edited: