Minato:

• Has Space-Time Ninjutsu
  • Named his S/T tech FTG
  • Uses a special seal

Tobirama:

• Has Space-Time Ninjutsu
  • Named his S/T tech FTG
  • Needed preparation to use the tech

First of all, I would like to say that we can't rely always on the line "To see is to believe" because there are things in life that we believe but we haven't seen. Many crimes have been solved by just figuring the clues left behind. It only needs our ability to analyse what was given to us with the aid of logic and common sense.

After the release of chapter 627, many debated on who between the two Hokages created FTG. Databook supports that Minato was the one who created FTG but if he is then how come Tobirama knows about FTG when he died before Minato was born? Is this an error on Kishi's part or another clue left by the creator himself?

I believe that this is a clue given to us. And with the release of chapter 627 which Hashirama mentioned "PREPARE", many questions have been answered.

You must be registered for see images

That chapter answered our question about why Tobirama was not able to use his S/T jutsu when he was ambushed by the Kin/Gin brothers that almost killed him. It also answered why he was not able to use his S/T and instead sacrifices himself as a decoy just to let his men escape against the 20 bounty hunters.

It's very clear to us now that he can't use his FTG in battle because it needs preparation as mentioned by Hashi. Well, he can teleport from one place to another but that's all. In battle, his FTG is useless. Come to think of it, why both of them named their jutsu FTG? Another error? I don't think so. I consider it as a clue.

Now, who really created FTG between the two of them? NONE! I believe that both of them are born with that ability. A KKG perhaps? Before everyone of you will say that KKG is a bloodline limit available to certain clans alone then I will say not all. Mu was able to pass Jinton to Onoki because Onoki possesses the ABILITYto use Jinton and take note that Jinton was considered an advance KKG.

When Hashirama said "PREPARE to fly outside", I believe that the preparation needed for Tobirama is something like this:

It further strengthen my belief that FTG is YIN-YANG based and those 3 bodyguards uses the seal of confrontation to concentrate their chakra. Minato may have figured the mechanics behind it that's why he was able to teach it but then it needed 3 person to perform it. One could possibly concentrate his YIN, the other one his YANG, and the 3rd one combined both. Just a theory though...:)

Having KKG doesn't mean that you have to be in a certain clan. If both of you possess the ability to perform a certain jutsu considered KKG then it's not impossible. Mu was able to pass Jinton to Onoki. Correct me if i'm wrong but are they related? Are they on the same clan? Another best example is Hashi's wood jutsu. Only him can perform wood techniques. Tobirama can't. Other senjus can't. He is born with that ability.

Minato uses seals so he can track enemy or can teleport with ease. He doesn't need preparations. It is his idea to use seals thus we can consider it his creation. His FTG is effective in battle. He can easily avoid attacks with the use of it and can even wipe a platoon. The difference between the two FTG is one has many purpose while the other one is for travelling purpose alone.

Conclusion: Minato and Tobirama are born with the ability to use a Space-Time tech (teleportation) but it was Minato who perfected it and made it useful in battle.

Thanks for reading!:wesobi:

Last edited:

ajpn920

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How do you explain Tobirama using FTG Slash against Izuna in battle?
Was it being said it was his teleportation tech? Owarij made a thread about that. It was just a sword tech and not his teleportation tech.

Very nice :)
I await to see all be revealed.
Btw pictures dont work aside from the jonin surrounding Mei. :0
Thanks..I'll try to fix that

Touken

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How do you know it wasn't his teleportation tech? The fact that Tobirama said Flying Thunder God might be a blindingly obvious clue he used his FTG.

ajpn920

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How do you know it wasn't his teleportation tech? The fact that Tobirama said Flying Thunder God might be a blindingly obvious clue he used his FTG.
The mere fact that Minato said that obito's s/t is more advance means that tobirama's s/t tech needed preparation/seals but it was later revealed that he needed preparations to use it. If he can use it in battle then he can easily escape the ambush and he can just teleport his team away from those 20 bounty hunters

You are highly underestimating Tobirama's FTG here. :scorps:
I would not call it underestimating because teleportation is use for travelling purposes. But then, chap.627 revealed that he needed preparations to use it. That chapter can answer our question why he was not able to escape the ambush which nearly killed him. Who in his right mind would want to die than use his teleportation tech. It doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

ajpn920

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is more like in dept prediction..............
prediction and analysis are two different things. If I have to ask you, why Tobirama did not use FTG during the ambush? Why did he sacrifice to be a decoy if he can easily use his FTG? What would your answer be? PLOT? These questions alone can give you an idea that he can't use his FTG in battle.

Flash

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A very good explanation, though I don't believe in your theory.
FTG cannot be a KKG. If you see, Minato's version uses seals (which is fuuin jutsu).
Which is not bound to a particular clan.
Minato was known to be the best fuuin user as he knew most of the Uzumaki clan's fuuins thanks to Kushina.
If it were a KG, his son should've inherited some version of it?
Like tsunade has hashi's raw strength. But all we know is Naruto uses SM and Kyubi to use his teleporation (fast speed)

ajpn920

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A very good explanation, though I don't believe in your theory.
FTG cannot be a KKG. If you see, Minato's version uses seals (which is fuuin jutsu).
Which is not bound to a particular clan.
Minato was known to be the best fuuin user as he knew most of the Uzumaki clan's fuuins thanks to Kushina.
If it were a KG, his son should've inherited some version of it?
Like tsunade has hashi's raw strength. But all we know is Naruto uses SM and Kyubi to use his teleporation (fast speed)
Thanks. If FTG revolves around fuinjutsu alone then why can't Kushina use it?

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks OP and analysis is really good.

Uniqueness doesn't correlate with the Fanboys remember lol.

Tobirama was famous for his Water jutsu's and forbidden techniques. What's great about him is that he doesn't need a water source near by him to perform any jutsu's, in fact the he created the water from the air and atmosphere. Also he created Edo Tensei. In my opinion was the best Hokage because he built a lot of konohagakure's infrastructure and he even opened up the academy for young aspiring ninjas.

However, in terms of Minato and Tobirama skill in FTG. Minato has certainly made it better, he made flying rajin level 2 out of it, which I assume may be his strongest S/T jutsu, they could be even more, and also he derived Space-Time Barrier from FTG. The jutsu warped the TBB and Kurama...

Minato's S/T > Tobirama''s S/T

Last edited:

ajpn920

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because if he did Danzo's flashback would have been meaningless, He wasn't even an important character back then Just because he didn't do his technique doesn't mean he cant do it at all
He can't do it in battle because his FTG needs preparation. Two situations with the same problem. First, he was not able to use it during the ambush which almost killed him then he did not use it against the 20 bounty hunters. Is there a logical answer to that other than he can't use it in battle because he needed preparations?

Thanks OP and analysis is really good.

Uniqueness doesn't correlate with the Fanboys remember lol.

Tobirama was famous for his Water jutsu's and forbidden techniques. What's great about him is that he doesn't need a water source near by him to perform any jutsu's, in fact the he created the water from the air and atmosphere. Also he created Edo Tensei. In my opinion was the best Hokage because he built a lot of konohagakure's infrastructure and he even opened up the academy for young aspiring ninjas.

However, in terms of Minato and Tobirama skill in FTG. Minato has certainly made it better, he made flying rajin level 2 out of it, which I assume may be his strongest S/T jutsu, they could be even more, and also he derived Space-Time Barrier from FTG. The jutsu warped the TBB and Kurama...

Minato's S/T > Tobirama''s S/T

Thanks..Yes, Minato's S/T is better than Tobirama's.

Flash

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thanks. If FTG revolves around fuinjutsu alone then why can't Kushina use it?
Simple logic. If you know genjutsu, does it mean you know tsyukomi as well? No. There are so many fuuins. Minato knew some. Kushina taught him many other. I feel Minato would've read Tobirama's version of FTG and then applied some fuuin to create his own version.

Also, to say that Tobirama couldn't use FTG while fighting those 20 ppl is a wrong prediction. Think about it. If he teleported, the 20 jonins would've killed the others, which is what Tobirama wanted to protect in the first place. So inorder to buy time, he couldn't FTG?
But yeah, I do feel Tobirama's version is a lower version.