I'm going on solidarity mission tomorrow!

The Seven-Scaled boy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey guys, as the title reads, I'm going to a town called cafayate in order to help the people form there who suffer of poverty.

So I would like to know if anyone has any experiences like that, describe it and give me tips!

Thanks a lot.

(by the way I won't be back till next sunday)

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey guys, as the title reads, I'm going to a town called cafayate in order to help the people form there who suffer of poverty.

So I would like to know if anyone has any experiences like that, describe it and give me tips!

Thanks a lot.

(by the way I won't be back till next sunday)
I have done this a couple of times, for victims of earthquakes in Greece.
First of all, be prepared that you will see things you won't be able to forget and along with your stuff pack your courage and energy. Other than your help in building, storing, assisting in any way, you will be asked to provide emotional and psychological support to these people. I remember the first time I went to help others like that, I came back in 3 days. I couldn't stand the crying and the misfortune. But I went back again after a while.

Here are some tips:

-In places like that you must pay extra care of your personal hygiene. Before sleeping at nights make sure you clean your skin with dettol or something like that. When you go to the bathroom, make sure to touch everything as less as possible. Oh, take toilet paper with you, there's a high chance you won't find that if you won't be staying in a hotel.
-Carry with you always your personal stuff of high value and if you have to leave stuff in the tent/room, make sure you secure them with a lock. Poverty can drive people to do things they wouldn't imagine themselves doing.
-Don't take with you anything of high value anyways and pack lightly.
-Respect the culture of the people you will be with. In smaller communities a modest behavior is to be expected by everyone.
-Be very careful when taking pictures, some people don't like it.
-Always go to the leader of the trip when something unexpected happens, don't take light decisions, let someone else more experienced to tell you what to do.

And, finally, i will put this lightly: What you do is noble but you can't be sure that everyone will be there to really help these people. So, keep your eyes open -for you and for all others-.

I hope you'll have a great time there, please let me know how it was when you get back <3
From now on, when you hear someone saying "Who cares?" you'll be able to reply that you do. It's an amazing feeling ;)

Razorback

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Amnesty International is a worldwide movement of people who campaign for internationally recognized human rights to be respected and protected for everyone. We believe human rights abuses anywhere are the concern of people everywhere.

So, outraged by human rights abuses but inspired by hope for a better world, we work to improve people’s lives through campaigning and international solidarity.

Damon Salvatore

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Just be sure when helping others not forget about your own safety. When here in Bulgaria were floods the people started stealing stuff even from us the red cross volunteers and it become hard to help them.So my point is be carefull.Good Luck!

Last edited:

Flaw

Legendary
Kin
23💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just be sure when helping others not forget about your own safety. When here in Bulgaria were floods the people started stealing stuff even from us the red cross volunteers and it become hard to help them.So my point is be carefull.Good Luck!
You realize he is back already, don't you ?

janet986w

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have done this a couple of times, for victims of earthquakes in Greece.
First of all, be prepared that you will see things you won't be able to forget and along with your stuff pack your courage and energy. Other than your help in building, storing, assisting in any way, you will be asked to provide emotional and psychological support to these people. I remember the first time I went to help others like that, I came back in 3 days. I couldn't stand the crying and the misfortune. But I went back again after a while.

Here are some tips:

-In places like that you must pay extra care of your personal hygiene. Before sleeping at nights make sure you clean your skin with dettol or something like that. When you go to the bathroom, make sure to touch everything as less as possible. Oh, take toilet paper with you, there's a high chance you won't find that if you won't be staying in a hotel.
-Carry with you always your personal stuff of high value and if you have to leave stuff in the tent/room, make sure you secure them with a lock. Poverty can drive people to do things they wouldn't imagine themselves doing.
-Don't take with you anything of high value anyways and pack lightly.
-Respect the culture of the people you will be with. In smaller communities a modest behavior is to be expected by everyone.
-Be very careful when taking pictures, some people don't like it.
-Always go to the leader of the trip when something unexpected happens, don't take light decisions, let someone else more experienced to tell you what to do.

And, finally, i will put this lightly: What you do is noble but you can't be sure that everyone will be there to really help these people. So, keep your eyes open -for you and for all others-.

I hope you'll have a great time there, please let me know how it was when you get back <3
From now on, when you hear someone saying "Who cares?" you'll be able to reply that you do. It's an amazing feeling ;)

Thanks you for the post. O.OO.OO.O

Zerabitu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Amnesty International is a worldwide movement of people who campaign for internationally recognized human rights to be respected and protected for everyone. We believe human rights abuses anywhere are the concern of people everywhere.

So, outraged by human rights abuses but inspired by hope for a better world, we work to improve people’s lives through campaigning and international solidarity.

What, hippies ?

Do your best The Seven-Scaled boy and stay strong! We will pledge a medal for you here at NB :D

One Love.