Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Don't let go of it, that shit is tight and is the future. Stay on it and 10 years from now you'll be job-secured and be in a lesser risk of unemployment like the rest of us. Though I'm already detaching from old traditionalists and getting onto it before I become obsolete. :lol

Just my two cents for the aspiring programming weeb and good luck. :win:

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Unless they get computers to do it for us
Computers need programmers to maintain and so on. They can't code themselves. Not a bad opinion though.

As a CS graduate, I humbly agree.
What's up, mate.

That's why you need computer science, to stay ahead of the machines that will steal peoples jobs! xD
Pretty much, mate.

Unless they outsource your job.
That's in +50 or so years, if the technological field grows even more rapidly. You'll be too old then and retired, with a lot of cash under your bed, in your walls and everywhere in your house, and some eternally banked for your grand-grand kids. So you shouldn't worry about what may never affect you, plus the cons are over the pros.

HENI

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Don't let go of it, that shit is tight and is the future. Stay on it and 10 years from now you'll be job-secured and be in a lesser risk of unemployment like the rest of us. Though I'm already detaching from old traditionalists and getting onto it before I become obsolete. :lol

Just my two cents for the aspiring programming weeb and good luck. :win:
Would coding boot camps help me land a tech job?

AllKnowingShinobi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Computers need programmers to maintain and so on. They can't code themselves. Not a bad opinion though.

What's up, mate.

Pretty much, mate.

That's in +50 or so years, if the technological field grows even more rapidly. You'll be too old then and retired, with a lot of cash under your bed, in your walls and everywhere in your house, and some eternally banked for your grand-grand kids. So you shouldn't worry about what may never affect you, plus the cons are over the pros.
But what if its like Detroit become human, robots that code themself. A code that keeps on changing like those programs that play impoosible games, they are always changing tgier code..

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Would coding boot camps help me land a tech job?
No idea. I have never looked into it, nor know anyone that went to a boot camp. I'm no expert on this topic, but a lot of YouTubers that are programmers themselves usually stress the importance of having the prerequisite skills for a certain job in the programming field than having qualifications. They say getting a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is ideal and feasible, but at the same time, it's not absolutely necessary. For boot camps, they can be effective but with all the available resources that you can find on the Internet today, I wouldn't recommend it, since all it really takes is the determination to learn. One thing I think goes into considering when they evaluate you for a job is your resume. If you want to impress the company, you probably want your resume to be as good as any should be but also have something that makes you stand out or be different from other applicants for the post. So if you're applying to become a Web developer, for instance, you should probably have HTML+CSS+Javascript plus other skills at the basic level but also have anything else to set you apart. Maybe you created a website before, or actually have one or have worked on one before and it's something you can show to them that you've got practical skill. The same would apply for a game developer post, you should have some experience with game creation and that more than anything boosts your chances at landing the job, in my opinion. So your resume basically profiles you more than your qualification or what boot camp you went to.

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Final year IT student here, definitely stick to it. I can't think of a more accessible yet promising career atm. There are literally jobs everywhere and even with almost everyone doing it there's still a lot of demand. I got multiple job offers and am a part of a startup without even finishing my studies or being a particularly good student (I'm pretty average although highly specialized in what I'm good at tho).

Be aware of one thing though, it's not easy. You can find courses everywhere (that's why I said it's accessible) but it's a job that's hard to master and requires you to be completely invested in it. You don't go study at uni for 3-5 years and leave it at that. You have to constantly study AS you're working. You won't be learning a particular language or framework for your whole life, you'll be learning a whole field and all the big things that are in demand at the time.

The technology you're studying right now may fall off tomorrow and if you haven't been studying an hour or two each day (outside of work hours which will often go overtime if the deadline is close) you're gonna be stuck on a dead technology noone cares about anymore. Example: windows phone developers, Microsoft says overnight "we're not making anymore" and bam you lost your platform just like that.

Point is, never stop learning, keep an eye out on what's new, work very hard and make sure you like and believe what you're doing. It's a pretty stressful job and if you're just doing it because it pays well you're only gonna hurt yourself mentally and in turn won't be efficient at your job which may result in you losing it. Have fun staring at the screen for 10 hours not understanding why things don't work as they should.