Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If you recieved a message from the future, would you act on it or dismiss it?

I think most people think they would act on it but reallly wouldnt.

For example, the future you appears in front of you and tells you to go to a certain place at a certain time then disappears, would you really do that?

Or would you dismiss it as some hallucination or think it doesn't matter cus you have other plans that are more important?

I think I would dismiss any messages even if they were real tbh.

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
yeah, i would

mainly because if i was in the future, to want to come back to warn or tell me to do something. means that it meant so much to future me or impacted me in such a way that i had try and warn myself. which knowing myself it must be mega important

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
yeah, i would

mainly because if i was in the future, to want to come back to warn or tell me to do something. means that it meant so much to future me or impacted me in such a way that i had try and warn myself. which knowing myself it must be mega important
I think psychologically it's harder than we think to change course, we might have our made up minds and even if someone tells you they are from the future and they have proof it would probably be hard to believe and even if we take it seriously I think it would be hard to actually act on it.

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think psychologically it's harder than we think to change course, we might have our made up minds and even if someone tells you they are from the future and they have proof it would probably be hard to believe and even if we take it seriously I think it would be hard to actually act on it.
i dont disagree but in this scenario, its me specifically right? if it was some random dude i probably wouldnt take it seriously. but i just know myself. and if i took the effort to come back and warn me, id make an attempt honestly

one because i believe that the past made me who i am today. there are a lot of things i regret but they made me who i am. but if i regretted it so much, that i had to go back and try and at least make a difference, even if its just a hope. i would connect to that and at least try. also if it was myself, id be able to convince myself that this is serious, if that makes sense

Reactions: Chikombo

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yeah, i would

those who apologize r true men...and those who don't r....

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Honestly, yea, I dont think I'd care too much if future me came back to tell me to do or not do something because "it would be the right choice for a better future" or whatever
Like I might /sorta/ listen, I might be influenced by future me giving me advice to help us in the future.
But, you dont really know what your alternative decisions could cause either.

Reactions: Chikombo