ethris

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you feel like answering some questions about HxH for me..

Ive seen up to the end of the greed island arc, where i thought he was about to meet his dad, but the task just got farther way

The question: What is the overall status of Hunter x Hunter?
Id ask if the manga is worth catching up on, but i already know its a good story.

So what im wondering is, how many of the questions have been answered or revealed since the end of greed island?

What holes have been filled in so to speak.

plus rep for good answers, if that's still a thing.

Reactions: Pumpkin Ninja

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The author is on hiatus for at least a year now, so the anime basically caught up and is waiting for the manga to continue.

The arc after Greed island is the Chimera ant arc and it is really good. I suggest you continue watching it.

What holes have been filled?

Gon meets his father is one.

Reactions: ethris

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I was wondering...I don't read or watch HxH but why don't they just make fillers untill manga continues?
That would be a huge waste of money and resources for Madhouse. Besides it would ruin the HxH 2011 anime reputation of being a "filler free" anime.

OT: The manga is on hiatus since Aug. 2014. The manga is worth it after watching the anime.

Last edited:

Darkboy85

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you can handle hiatuses after hiatuses (some lasting more than a year) then go for it, it's enjoyable. The artwork in the manga is atrocious, although, the latest chapters (340 to 349 I believe) are way better. The story however, is very well put together although, we probably will never see the end of it.

I dropped it because of the hiatuses (yeah, I'd rather be honest) and to be even more honest, I probably won't read it again even if it comes back. Can't be bothered anymore.

That doesn't mean that you shouldn't read it. I'd suggest catching up until:
gon meets his father at the tree (basically where the anime ended)
It's a good "ending" kinda.

Don't start the arc after that event because you will be frustrated, not because it's not good but because of the fact that you probably will never see the end of it :D

If you are watching the anime however, just finish the anime. It has a satisfying conclusion.

Last edited: