If you don't know what you want can you have regrets?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Like if you get old and you live your life to the best of your knowledge, but then maybe you realize there might have been things you missed but you never knew of them you just knew of the potential of them things existing but you couldn't do anything about it cus you couldn't figure out what you wanted?

Reactions: GrapeApe

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A logical person wouldn't feel regret over something they had no control over. There are things in Tokyo I want to experience that are not available where I live. If I was dying tomorrow, I wouldn't regret not going because there are outside factors stopping me that I have no control over.

I think regret boils down to being able to take action and not taking it or taking action on something you shouldn't have taken action on and wanting the opposite result, knowing you messed up by not picking the opposite action. That is when you feel regret in my opinion.

Reactions: Chikombo

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
yo personally i think so fam, just from personal experience. like one time when i was in 8th grade, my mom was having us move out of state and i remember it was my last day and every teacher announced it in class. ill never forget all these chicks came out the wood work talking about they liked me and shit. like i was salty leaving, i was a virgin at the time and i liked each of them. especially this one man...i wouldve went deep diving in that jacuzzi, she was bad. i was a rookie though, i had no clue she liked me and didnt realize how subtle women shoot their shots at the time. but i definitely regretted that heavy at the time

i also had a lot of Pokemon cards yo, up till like 12 ish. after high school i was like **** college, im going to L.A. and getting discovered in the music scene there. but it was during a recession and i couldnt get a job to get a car to drive down there. so me and my friend started selling weed to our other friends and people at my old high school. it was lowkey because of the gangs, but my cousin was a gang member and i use to smoke heavy back then and he would give me an ounce for really cheap. then i would smoke and sell it to people i was close with who smoked. but i was barely making money from that and i couldnt find a job because i had no experience. i was smoking with my friends one time and i saw on TV they were talking about Pokemon cards, ill never forget. this 1st Edition Charizard card was now going for $25,000. like i had no idea at the time, i had three of them in perfect condition in one of those binders with card sleeves. and i gave all my cards away to this kid who was super into it, if i wouldve knew a bunch of those cards would sky rocket in value i wouldnt have did that. at the time i had major regret, i really needed the money and needed to go to L.A. to make my dreams happen, i thought anyways

but im a lot more mature now and i learned everything happened for a reason how it was suppose too and got me where i am now. it was all apart of the learning process and actually finding what was meant for me. but yeah ive definitely felt that multiple times

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yo personally i think so fam, just from personal experience. like one time when i was in 8th grade, my mom was having us move out of state and i remember it was my last day and every teacher announced it in class. ill never forget all these chicks came out the wood work talking about they liked me and shit. like i was salty leaving, i was a virgin at the time and i liked each of them. especially this one man...i wouldve went deep diving in that jacuzzi, she was bad. i was a rookie though, i had no clue she liked me and didnt realize how subtle women shoot their shots at the time. but i definitely regretted that heavy at the time

i also had a lot of Pokemon cards yo, up till like 12 ish. after high school i was like **** college, im going to L.A. and getting discovered in the music scene there. but it was during a recession and i couldnt get a job to get a car to drive down there. so me and my friend started selling weed to our other friends and people at my old high school. it was lowkey because of the gangs, but my cousin was a gang member and i use to smoke heavy back then and he would give me an ounce for really cheap. then i would smoke and sell it to people i was close with who smoked. but i was barely making money from that and i couldnt find a job because i had no experience. i was smoking with my friends one time and i saw on TV they were talking about Pokemon cards, ill never forget. this 1st Edition Charizard card was now going for $25,000. like i had no idea at the time, i had three of them in perfect condition in one of those binders with card sleeves. and i gave all my cards away to this kid who was super into it, if i wouldve knew a bunch of those cards would sky rocket in value i wouldnt have did that. at the time i had major regret, i really needed the money and needed to go to L.A. to make my dreams happen, i thought anyways

but im a lot more mature now and i learned everything happened for a reason how it was suppose too and got me where i am now. it was all apart of the learning process and actually finding what was meant for me. but yeah ive definitely felt that multiple times
Hi graappe :) ..

• Love

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

So basically you don't actually regret any of that but you are thankful you learned from it. If you regretted it, you wouldn't be thankful for it happening.

• Wow

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yea, I think about that, but I also think I wouldn't care if I'm nearing death. No choice I made would actually matter to me at that point because they'd all be irrelevant within some months.

Reactions: Troi

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hi graappe :) ..
whats poppin Mo, hope youre doing good fam

So basically you don't actually regret any of that but you are thankful you learned from it. If you regretted it, you wouldn't be thankful for it happening.
yo in hindsight yes. but at the time i regretted both of those scenarios heavily. it wasnt till later i was able to reflect on it and see that. but when i was going through the shit, it was regret city. feelings change, at least for me, ive been angry about something that later after i calmed down and let it out, i wasnt angry anymore. but that feeling was still valid and a real response at the time, you cant really help what you feel, at least i cant, you can rationalize it but emotional reactions are subconscious responses you dont control but feel. ive been sad about losing someone through heartbreak or like death. and later i wasnt sad but realized it just had to happen like that or we're all inevitably going to die. but what i felt was still valid and real at the time you feel me?

so when he asked, "If you don't know what you want can you have regrets?". yeah you definitely can i think. though youll enjoy your life more if you let it go but that kind of applies to most darker emotions i think

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like if you get old and you live your life to the best of your knowledge, but then maybe you realize there might have been things you missed but you never knew of them you just knew of the potential of them things existing but you couldn't do anything about it cus you couldn't figure out what you wanted?

Keep in mind that my reply is based on what I could understand. Your post does not make sense to me. Your sentences are inconsistent with each other.

For example

1- "you never knew of them"
2- "knew of the potential of them"

1 and 2 are inconsistent with each other. If you never know about something, how can you know of that something's potential? As an example, Gold is a precious metal and can give a lot of money if sold. If a person has never known about Gold, how can he/she know the potential of Gold giving a lot of money if it is sold. My point is you can only know the potential of a thing when you know that thing.

Ignoring the point made above and using the logic of retrospection, any regret that a person feels is a complete waste of time. It is best to laugh it off and move on.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Keep in mind that my reply is based on what I could understand. Your post does not make sense to me. Your sentences are inconsistent with each other.

For example

1- "you never knew of them"
2- "knew of the potential of them"

1 and 2 are inconsistent with each other. If you never know about something, how can you know of that something's potential? As an example, Gold is a precious metal and can give a lot of money if sold. If a person has never known about Gold, how can he/she know the potential of Gold giving a lot of money if it is sold. My point is you can only know the potential of a thing when you know that thing.

Ignoring the point made above and using the logic of retrospection, any regret that a person feels is a complete waste of time. It is best to laugh it off and move on.
dont talk to chikonbo like dat...at least he don't creat youtube alt and try bash sozo sama..