[Question] If a pregnant woman eats a Devil Fruit, to whom will the Devil Fruit's power go?

LBeezy

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just saw this online but no one answered it, im really interested since its such a unique question and very weird
This is a great thought provoking question..

My guess would be that the DF powers go to the mother.

Man this would be a great question to pop up on Oda's SBS xd lol

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's been stated at some point that if multiple people eat part of the same fruit, whoever eats part first gets all the powers, regardless of how much they eat. By that token, you would assume the Mom could get the powers without any effect on the kid.

Hopefully she doesnt get a Logia. or Zoan. Or some Paramecia's. those would go bad for the kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: V h o

Bimbonium

Elite
Kin
7💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd say the woman, but then pregnant women share nutrients with the unborn child, so he might get some perks. It'll be even worse if she's having twins.

MadaraReturns

Veteran
Kin
129💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thought the same about giving half a df to one person and half a df to another.... but we should remember that this is an anime lol, this is not a glitch in real life hahaha Oda could just say 'mother' and 'you need to eat the complete df', but that would make a loophole because if u wouldn't eat it completely and wouldn't receive the powers then HOW WOULD IT REPRODUCE WHEN THE PERSON LOSES THE POWER BECAUSE THE POWER WAS NEVER ACTIVATED

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's an intriguing question, but in the end there are only three possibilities: the mother, the child or both. The 2nd option can pretty much be discarded completely as it has been explained that one bite is enough to gain the power of a DF and that you can throw the rest away. So it's kinda nonsensical that when the mother takes one bite, it goes to her stomach and that the powers soon should be active, somehow the child would have gotten preference over the mother. It makes no sense, so it's pretty much a given that the mother will be affected by the DF.

Now that then still leaves the matter of whether it's only the mother or also the child. If for example she would have the power of a logia and someone tries to injure her belly, well normally a logia would just let it pass through and regenerate, but what happens then to the child? Though this can be solved by stating that as long as the child is still connected to the mother, the DF affects it. However from the moment the child is born and gets disconnected, that influence is over as I think there is little doubt that if someone asks Oda this, he's going to answer that mother will have the powers of the DF.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's an intriguing question, but in the end there are only three possibilities: the mother, the child or both. The 2nd option can pretty much be discarded completely as it has been explained that one bite is enough to gain the power of a DF and that you can throw the rest away. So it's kinda nonsensical that when the mother takes one bite, it goes to her stomach and that the powers soon should be active, somehow the child would have gotten preference over the mother. It makes no sense, so it's pretty much a given that the mother will be affected by the DF.

Now that then still leaves the matter of whether it's only the mother or also the child. If for example she would have the power of a logia and someone tries to injure her belly, well normally a logia would just let it pass through and regenerate, but what happens then to the child? Though this can be solved by stating that as long as the child is still connected to the mother, the DF affects it. However from the moment the child is born and gets disconnected, that influence is over as I think there is little doubt that if someone asks Oda this, he's going to answer that mother will have the powers of the DF.
Isn't there really only one option? The person who eats the first bite gets the power that was established awhile back. The Mother would get the powers. It'd be neat if the baby could get residuals of the power, for instance say a mom ate the mera mera it'd be neat if the kid was able to produce mini flames.

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's been stated at some point that if multiple people eat part of the same fruit, whoever eats part first gets all the powers, regardless of how much they eat. By that token, you would assume the Mom could get the powers without any effect on the kid.

Hopefully she doesnt get a Logia. or Zoan. Or some Paramecia's. those would go bad for the kid.
It's easy. The pregnant gets the power of the DF. Not her baby. The question that should be asked is would the baby get hurt if his mother as a DF user activated her DF?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's easy. The pregnant gets the power of the DF. Not her baby. The question that should be asked is would the baby get hurt if his mother as a DF user activated her DF?
I would say no because at that point it's still a part of her body in that regard. I think an interesting question would be if the baby could acquire traits of the DF but not the whole power of the fruit. Say a mom ate the Mera Mera could the kid handle high temps? Could the kid produce a very limited amount of fire too? etc.

Ichigo88devil

Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hmmmm great question but if she got zaon would she transfer to pregnant animal ? xd .... also, what if the mother died while giving birth to the baby assuming she got it, would the baby get it or disappear ?

only oda can answer that but, I believe being pregnant and eating devil fruit wouldn't happen.