[Doton] Ichigo-sensei trains me in the ways of the earth.

Necron

Legendary
Kin
116💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As Atem arrives to the meeting point, he thinks about his nice cloths, and how they are going to get dirty all over again.

"It's a small price to pay for this awesome new power" he thinks. I guess gramps would be furious if he was still here. I hope this man is not going to attack me for my bounty though. He seemed very strong, but he must be kind to accept to teach me. His alter ego laughs mockingly: "Are you even a man? What's life without a little risk? If he attacks us, all the better, it's gonna be a great game either way. If you can't deal with the pressure, maybe I should take over?"
"No, I'm good... you're a maniac sociopath and I don't want you to snap in front of people" "is that a way to talk about yourself?" "...".

As Atem is talking to his alter ego in his head, he almost does not notice his new sensei has arrived...

Naruto.

Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, you're the one whom I was assigned to teach? Alright now. Settle down. I see you're not focused! Snap out of wherever you are. And, tell me everything about the Earth element, while also telling me what chakra, ninjutsu and handseals are. Impress me.

A cigarette was lit anxiously, as Ace took one puff of it and exhaled deeply.

Necron

Legendary
Kin
116💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
-Oh, sensei! Sorry, I was just arguing with... Ehm, it's of no importance. Thank you for teaching me!

Chakra is the life energy of individuals. All living beings have it to some degree, and so do non-living things. Chakra can be viewed as a combination of physical condition (improved by training one's body) and mind prowess (improved by studying, meditation etc). When it comes to chakra, a shinobi, or any individual who posseses the ability to control this energy, can perform two categories of manipulations to use it in his advantage.
1) Shape manipulation, is when chakra is given form and manipulated intensively to create a physical construct out of it. A good example of such practice is the Rasengan, wich is pure chakra, manipulated to an imense extend to become lethal.
2) Nature manipulation, is when chakra is manipulated in such way to mimick the chakra of one of the five fundamental elements of our universe: Lighting (Raiton), Fire (Katon), Air (Futon), Water (Suiton) and Earth (Doton), which we will be studying. By doing so, one is able to A) Control portions of this element in the world surounding them and B) Generate said element from the suroundings (for example, creating lighting from the electricity in the nervous system or fire by making the air in one's lungs flamable, and then igniting it with a spark.)
PS: Both can be manipulated at the same time, to produce even greater results, as aparent with jutsu such as Raikiri and Futon:Rasen Shuriken.
3) By sending normal Chakra to the brain of the opponent, one may also affect his senses, a process wich is called Genjutsu.

Most people have an affinity towards a chakra nature, because their own chakra resebles that of one of the basic five elements. Some people are also born with a natural afinity towards more than one element, and are able to use 2 to 3 elements simultaneusly to combine them into a new element. Such process, if used with 2 elements is called a Kekkei Genkai and with 3 it's called a Kekkei Totta.

Shinobi are people that have learned to use techniques, the jutsu. Jutsu require specific amounds of chakra emmision, which are different for each technique. The chakra emission is manipulated through hand seals, and each jutsu requires a different set of hand seals. There are 12 basic hand seals that are according to the Chinese Horoscope: Bird, Boar, Dog, Dragon, Ox, Tiger, Snake, Rat, Horse, Monkey, Hare, Ram. By combining them one creates a certain chakra frequency than will create the desired results. This process is called a jutsu.

Earth chakra, the subject we will be studying today, has a firm and strong texture, is strong against water chakra, as it absorbs it, and is weak against lighting chakra, as it's destroyed by it. It is neutral to wind and and fire, though in some cases it can be combined with certain elements to cause variations of it's form. It has been shown that it can be combined with fire, to create a lava-like texture (not manipulated to the extend of the kekkei genkai:lava release though), and with water to create mud. Wind can be used with earth jutsu to propel rocks and add more power to them, or one can infuse wind chakra to an earth construct to give it more cutting power. Lighting is generally not very compatible due to Earth's natural weakness to Lighting, but it's always a good strategy to cover a lighting jutsu with an earth wall, possibly after an opponent's water jutsu, to A) absorb the water chakra, so that the water will fall back on the enemy and B) Since the enemy will be wet, finish them off with a lighting jutsu. Other than it's regular functions, it can also be combined with the following elements to produce kekkei genkai:

Earth+Fire=Lava Release
Earth+Lighting=Explosion Release
Earth+Water=Wood Release
Earth+Wind=Magnetism Release

When combined with both fire and wind chakra, it creates Dust Release, a kekkei totta.

Atem totally ignores his alter ego who is taunting him by calling him a nerd, a teacher's pet and other less refined names.

-I hope my answer satisfies you, Sensei

Atem then lights a ciggaret of his own, a red Lucky Strike with his zippo lighter.

Last edited:

Naruto.

Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Decently explained, Atem.

Ace then laid out several scrolls detailing the basics:

Chakra is basically life essence or life force which exists in human bodies and animals. Without it, a shinobi can die. It can be considered "blood" and soul for a ninja. It is the molding of physical energies and spiritual energies in the body. Physical energy is the energy given off by the body cells and can be increased with more stamina and practise. Spiritual energy is derived from the consciousness of the mind and can be increased through great concentration and meditation. It is the basis for all almost all the ninja skills like Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, except Taijutsu in some special cases. It flows through the chakra circulatory system, and in it, there are 361 points aka nodes in the body known as tenkutsu. The function of the tenketsu is to regulate and control the flow of chakra. If these weren't present, then chakra would flow through some specific organ, thus there wouldn't be a balance in the chakra flow. Every ninja in the narutoverse possesses a chakra pool. Shinobis with a very high chakra pool like Naruto can perform a lot of higher ranked techniques like Multiple Shadow Clone Technique, etc. without having the fear of getting their chakra depleted at once. Senju Clan members for eg, have very high chakra reserves and a high physical energy aka high "Yang" energy, thus their naturally strong bodies and on the other hand, the Uchiha clan members have a very high spiritual energy, i.e. high "Yin" energy, thus their proficiency in genjutsu and visual prowess. It is possible to have high chakra if you possess very strong willpower. If chakra runs out completely in a shinobi, then he dies as shown when Kakashi died due to his chakra completely running out against Deva Pein. It can be divided into several types like:

Elemental Chakra
Senjutsu chakra
Bijuu Chakra

Ninjutsu means "Ninja Arts" and is something that allows the shinobi to do something that a normal human can't do, like walking on water, manipulating elements, the usage of special as well as bladed weapons, stealth, transformation, etc. The effects of ninjutsu are real. Most of the time, it heavily relies on the usage of handseals as well as chakra. Regular ninjutsu doesn't incorporate the usage of elements for it, like stealth, a basic Rasengan, etc. Elemental Ninjutsu is an advanced form of ninjutsu, which incorporates the usage of basic 5 elements, as well as advanced combinations to create stronger jutsus which have the respective properties of the 5 elements. Elemental ninjutsu is stronger to regular ninjutsu, since regular ninjutsu only uses raw chakra, whereas, elemental ninjutsu uses both Shape Manipulation and Nature Transformation. The perfect Rp example would be that, a Wind natured or a Lightning natured Rasengan would have a greater destructive force than a standard Rasengan, obviously because the elemental Rasengan contains violently rotating chakra as well as the violently rotating chakra is given the property of the respective elements.

Handseals are hand gestures, which primarily manipulate chakra and dictate the exact amount of chakra needed for the respective specific technique. Weaving of handseals makes chakra take different "patterns". Some techniques require a large number of handseals, which is related to the complexity of performing that technique and if not weaved properly, in order, or if the user loses focus in between, then the technique is either executed in a weaker state, or it is dispersed midway, depending on the specific technique. A good example is Water Dragon Bullet Technique. It was shown that the technique required a string of 44 handseals to perform, however the Second Hokage, Tobirama could perform it with a single handseal, due to his unparalled Water mastery. It is shown in the manga that with time, a shinobi after mastering the specific technique, requires one-literally no handseals to perform it, an example being Chidori, which required some handseals when Sasuke just learnt it. In our RP, the user can perform any 2 elemental releases of his choice, depending on the elements he has placed as specialties, with one-virtually no handseals/faster handseals. Usually, handseals are performed with both the hands, but Haku, Minato, etc have demonstrated the ability to perform it with only a single hand. The 12 basic handseals are Monkey, Ram, Dog, Horse, Dragon, Boar, Rat, Snake, Ox, Hare, Bird, Tiger.

Earth is a powerful and unyielding element. When one thinks of earth they think of strong, solid, and firm. In this element, much of the techniques possess those basic properties. However, there is more to earth release simple structures or entities. Earth Release is arguably the most versatile of the five basics. We’ve witnessed earth release manipulate the structural foundation of earth to change it from solid to a liquid (mud or swamps), convert it into sand, graval, manipulate alternative forms of earth like mud or certain metals/metallic like entities. There has also been manipulation of the physical earth itself, changing the structure of the earth, using shape manipulation to reconstruct and mold. There are countless possibilities of how earth can be used. Earth release also doesn’t just adhere to the manipulation of the earth itself. The earth nature within their own body allows them to create manifestations of earth out and around their bodies, essentially creating their own earth.

OOC: We'll train via the method system. There are several methods or sub divisions for this element:

Method System
Method 1: Own Created
Method 2: Environment Manipulation
Method 3: Advanced Conversion
Method 4: Others

What can you tell me about the first method?

Necron

Legendary
Kin
116💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
-If I am not mistaken, the first methode is about creating material, in this case earth or mud out of thin air, by creating the dessired chakra, and then materialising the outcome. An example of this would be the following technique:

(Doton: Dorosandan) – Earth Release: Mudshot
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 10
Description: The user spits a thick globule of mud at the target. If aimed correctly, it can blind the target's vision and choke them. It can also be used to create a sticky patch on the ground.

Naruto.

Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're somewhat correct.

Method 1: Own Created

The most basic way I can explain this would be earth techniques that you produce from your body. The only thing that is used is your doton chakra to create earth from your body directly as opposed to manipulating existing earth. Now earth is a very versatile element meaning there will be several differing ways to manipulate and utilize the earth techniques. Even the techniques within the same method family are unique in many ways, the exceptions being-in this case-that all of these techniques are self-created. In order to better explain how the chakra usage would be for techniques of this method I would have to explain a few concepts first.

(1) Full Body Chakra Release techniques: This is essentially where you release chakra from every chakra point in your body to create a full body affect. Generally armor based techniques or techniques that completely coat your body for protective measures or other physical enhancement purposes are techniques that utilize this. A quick tangent onto the subject of genjutsu, I won't expand further on it as it would get too deep especially due to my genjutsu addiction. Full body release methods are one of the methods used to release genjutsu. Reason is, the surge of chakra from every pore in your body is releasing chakra, which would force out the foreign chakra in your brain that causes the genjutsu. However it is essential you pay attention to rank, because the level of genjutsu you can release is dependent on the rank of technique (example: B-ranked full body chakra release techniques of elements release C-rank and below A-rank releases B-rank and below. You need 1 rank higher than the genjutsu you're trying to disolve)

(2) Isolated Area Chakra Release: To put it simply, same concept as th full body only this time you're isolating the area and releasing chakra in a specific area instead of every part of your body.

(3) Projectiles: Techniques where you create a small projectile based object (an object that is launched) with a source from one part of the body and then launch it at your opponents. Generally exhaled or spat from the mouth.

Now that in mind, when you're doing techniques in this method, you take note to this. You're channeling your Doton chakra for whatever specific entity the technique entails and then the doton chakra manifests physically into the earth substance you're trying to create.

Any doubts?