Rekudakune

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ever sense i was always one of these people who wanted to become a comic artist, i started seriously getting involved in learning how to draw, even with all hard work i keep putting in, the results dont much add up. i was able to advance into the next level ONLY after it took me 5-10 minutes after figuring out the laws of proportions and how distance, height and width of a shape on a piece of paper turns an image in 3d. Rest of my time trying to copy images and draw them didnt really help me.

Now once that i learned that. i was doing fine, but then more weight dropped again on me and i started struggling to actually putting my comic with knowledge i learned from my head. even after learning body anatomy and over and over drawing the body, like a first grader would be writing letters in his notebook. i easily tend to forget it, or my memory just fades the details and not allows me to continue my work.

Last before you could answer my question i would like you to answer me another one.
When drawing an actual comic do you start from drawing each pieces in one box like adding rough sketches and then adding more detail later or do you already picture how that scene looks in that strip and you just follow it thru your mind?
if neither both ways what ways can i improve my skills? do i have to have a talent? do i have to do something outside just drawing like playing some brain training games. getting enough vitamins or something? please help

mangaraiders forums is pretty much dead right now, so there is no point using that site, when you only have one or two actuall active members visit it thru the whole day

IF YOU GUYS NOT INTERESTED READING THIS WHOLE TEXT THAT I WROTE
just answer me. i dont have any clue what am i need to work on to be a sucessful artist
or what kind of teqnique do i need to master to be a sucesful comic artist?

Last edited:

Rekudakune

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Practice hard and sure you will master it , just don't give up U_U
thats what i did for a few years. except i have no clue what am i practicing or have any knowledge or right technique. practicing only enhances your skills and advances them even further, but if i dont know those skills, how can i advance them?

Akatsukii

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What I tend to do is take 5-10 minutes in picturing what I want to happen in each individual panel before putting them down on paper though to answer your question I suppose either way could work. Also,try using references for poses and the like if you are having trouble remembering anatomy,proportions,etc...

Rekudakune

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What I tend to do is take 5-10 minutes in picturing what I want to happen in each individual panel before putting them down on paper though to answer your question I suppose either way could work. Also,try using references for poses and the like if you are having trouble remembering anatomy,proportions,etc...
whats a reference?hmm

The Dreamer

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Practice. Simply copying images you see won't help. You have to learn how to draw stuff from your head. Also you need talent to be an artist. If you don't have a sense for it then you're not going to get far...