Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay...
So back in December I had my fancy 80GB iPod stolen...
I've been gripping about it ever since. It sucked.

Okay, so there's this one guy in my school, we're sort of casual friends.
I don't really hang out with him anywhere but in school and we only have US Government Class together.
I've been going to school with him for about 2 years, and even still I RARELY see him.

Anyway I told him awhile back about my iPod, I've been complaining about it a lot... it's what I do.
About a week ago he told me he would buy me a new one.
I sort of thought he was kidding. But he did.
He gave it to me today.
And after he did everyone started saying that it's because he wants "Something" from me. Like that he's expecting something in return.

And I have absolutely no interest in him in that way.
In fact I'm usually just trying to be polite whenever he's around. He's sort of mean to everybody but me.

Anyway...
I think I should give it back, but I'm afraid of hurting his feelings...
I don't want to hurt anyone, and I don't want to give him the wrong idea either. And if I could keep the iPod with no bad consequences, I would.
This guy has a reputation for coming on to girls a bit strongly. Several girls in my senior class have told me that they've had him "breathing down their necks" before.
Last year he treated his girlfriend pretty poorly. In fact he told a sophomore last year that he would cheat on his girlfriend for her.
I'm really confused and I'm afraid of what people might think if I did keep it.

Riku..

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
well from what you told me i'm not to sure u should keep it... u shouldn't put something like that on the line so that you can get an ipod... usually i wouldn't get involved in this but it seems like a lot is at stake for you here

aiyumi

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
well from what you told me i'm not to sure u should keep it... u shouldn't put something like that on the line so that you can get an ipod... usually i wouldn't get involved in this but it seems like a lot is at stake for you here
hence why i think i might give in back next time i see him.
idk... i'm just really confused...

TC9tails

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay...

I don't really hang out with him anywhere but in school and we only have US Government Class together.
I've been going to school with him for about 2 years, and even still I RARELY see him.

Anyway I told him awhile back about my iPod, I've been complaining about it a lot... it's what I do.
He gave it to me today.
And after he did everyone started saying that it's because he wants "Something" from me. Like that he's expecting something in return.

In fact I'm usually just trying to be polite whenever he's around. He's sort of mean to everybody but me.

Anyway...
I don't want to hurt anyone, and I don't want to give him the wrong idea either. And if I could keep the iPod with no bad consequences, I would.
This guy has a reputation for coming on to girls a bit strongly. Several girls in my senior class have told me that they've had him "breathing down their necks" before.
Last year he treated his girlfriend pretty poorly. In fact he told a sophomore last year that he would cheat on his girlfriend for her.
dont always listen to what people say who knows he might have changed, plus u got nuthin to lose he already gave you the ipod, also u dont have do anything you dont want so in the end u win either way;)

aiyumi

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
dont always listen to what people say who knows he might have changed, plus u got nuthin to lose he already gave you the ipod, also u dont have do anything you dont want so in the end u win either way;)
i don't think he's changed much...
and even the teachers know about it by now. and everyone seemed disappointed that i accepted it in the first place.

oh and btw... he's pretty privileged, meaning his dad gives him A LOT of cash...
he's kind of spoiled... so it's not like he worked for a long time to get it for me.

Saiga

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why do you care what people think of you? Something like that isn't truly all that important as I have found in my life. People and friends come and go, everyone ends up forgotten by those around them at some point anyways. You should just give the guy a good gift back as a friend.

-Naruto Uzumaki-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Why do you care what people think of you? Something like that isn't truly all that important as I have found in my life. People and friends come and go, everyone ends up forgotten by those around them at some point anyways. You should just give the guy a good gift back as a friend.
Lol, that's a depressing thought.

Anyway, you should tell him that...ummm...uhhh...I really have no clue...

Sorry I can't help...

aiyumi

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I care because it feels like this "gift" is one of those "you'll owe me later" kind of deals and I honestly wouldn't put it past him to do just that.

And it's not about my friends, I truly don't want people to think that I'm the kind of person that can be won over by expensive gifts... because I'm not that kind of person.

I'm going to give it back next time I see him.

Reactions: Ace

-Quest-

Legendary
Kin
8💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
heres how it is..... u go tell him if he gave the ipod as a friend or as the wrong idea......if it is the wrong idea, give the ipod bak..... if its as a friend accept it:D

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Under any circumstances, do not accept this gift^^
Even if he doesn't want anything from you in return, you should not give the impression that you are getting gifts from guys even when they are friends, and especially when those gifts are expensive.
the fact that he might hit on you and that he is rich, doesn't change anything in my point of view.
I only accept gifts from my bfs or from friends i really know very well, since we were kids, but i am very old fashioned anyways^^

What I'd do if i were you: i'd return it with a nice card saying that you are thanking him but you cannot accept this gift and i'd maybe write an inside joke or sth.

Reactions: Ace

Ace

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay...

He gave it to me today.

Anyway...
Well, if he bothers u tell someone u trust.
Even if he doesn't want anything from you in return, you should not give the impression that you are getting gifts from guys even when they are friends, and especially when those gifts are expensive.
the fact that he might hit on you and that he is rich, doesn't change anything in my point of view.
I only accept gifts from my bfs or from friends i really know very well, since we were kids, but i am very old fashioned anyways^^

What I'd do if i were you: i'd return it with a nice card saying that you are thanking him but you cannot accept this gift and i'd maybe write an inside joke or sth.
well said, rep for u

Sai..

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Lol, best plan of action so far. xD I think you should do just that.