Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hope scientific weapons dont overtake ninja fighting one of the cool things in the original series was introducing characters with new kkgs and techniques.

It's good scientific weapons are new because I want to see them as least as possible and focus on actual ninja fighting.

Also on a side note anyone else annoyed they are cramming everything in first 2 arcs like seriously we get ototsuchi members fight in first arc and already have jigen fighting spread out this content I guess maybe they feel they need to since its monthly but theres better ways to generate hype instead of having OP fights that you force the protagonist to participate in.

DHOH

Elite
Kin
886💸
Kumi
425💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hope scientific weapons dont overtake ninja fighting one of the cool things in the original series was introducing characters with new kkgs and techniques.

It's good scientific weapons are new because I want to see them as least as possible and focus on actual ninja fighting.

Also on a side note anyone else annoyed they are cramming everything in first 2 arcs like seriously we get ototsuchi members fight in first arc and already have jigen fighting spread out this content I guess maybe they feel they need to since its monthly but theres better ways to generate hype instead of having OP fights that you force the protagonist to participate in.
I agree. I miss the KKG as well.
Scientific ninja tools and ten tails Jins have ruined any chance Boruto had to be decent.

The pace is terrible slow and I think they are adding huge fights in right now to end the series or try and save it.

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We still have kkgs and things of the like.

1. We still have sharingan/rinnegan/byakugan on the likes of Sasuke, Sarada, the Shins, and various Otsutsuki.

2. We are getting a brand new kkg in the form of the jougan.

3. Naruto still has the bijuu kkg elements.

4. Kawaki's ability to morph his body technically comes from nano scientific ninja tools, but the ability itself basically plays out like a kkg very reminiscent to Juugo's or to a curse mark.

5. The karma seal is also playing out like a curse mark/kkg type thing.

6. Shinki has magnet release

7. Mitsuki has his built in sage power and other things.

etc...

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We still have kkgs and things of the like.

1. We still have sharingan/rinnegan/byakugan on the likes of Sasuke, Sarada, the Shins, and various Otsutsuki.

2. We are getting a brand new kkg in the form of the jougan.

3. Naruto still has the bijuu kkg elements.

4. Kawaki's ability to morph his body technically comes from nano scientific ninja tools, but the ability itself basically plays out like a kkg very reminiscent to Juugo's or to a curse mark.

5. The karma seal is also playing out like a curse mark/kkg type thing.

6. Shinki has magnet release

7. Mitsuki has his built in sage power and other things.

etc...
We will likely see more but dont like the focus of scientific weapons only exciting fighting moments in the manga for me is when we seee actual ninjutsu.

Besides that the adults are getting nerfed too much.

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We will likely see more but dont like the focus of scientific weapons only exciting fighting moments in the manga for me is when we seee actual ninjutsu.

Besides that the adults are getting nerfed too much.
You say that you don't like the focus on scientific ninja weapons, but we haven't seen those be the main gimmick of a fight since the Ao arc (Delta's tools were built into her and therefore come off as more like jutsus.) I think the ninja tool fighting was a one and done thing for that arc specifically.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You say that you don't like the focus on scientific ninja weapons, but we haven't seen those be the main gimmick of a fight since the Ao arc (Delta's tools were built into her and therefore come off as more like jutsus.) I think the ninja tool fighting was a one and done thing for that arc specifically.
Well ao delta and Kawasaki fights focused on scientific weapons which I wasn't interested in.

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well ao delta and Kawasaki fights focused on scientific weapons which I wasn't interested in.
Delta's and Kawaki's did not focus on the scientific ninja weapons. Those weapons are apart of Delta's and Kawaki's bodies, so their techniques were more like actual jutsus.

I mean seriously! How can you really sit here and say that Kawaki's fighting style focuses on technology when he basically does the exact same thing as Juugo?

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Delta's and Kawaki's did not focus on the scientific ninja weapons. Those weapons are apart of Delta's and Kawaki's bodies, so their techniques were more like actual jutsus.

I mean seriously! How can you really sit here and say that Kawaki's fighting style focuses on technology when he basically does the exact same thing as Juugo?
Their bodies were scientific weapons and all kawakii did was absorb attacks and throw it back it was boring to me

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Their bodies were scientific weapons and all kawakii did was absorb attacks
Kawaki didn't just absorb attacks and throw them back. He also attacked with that Juugo-like technique.

If their bodies are scientific weapons then how is it any different (in terms of delivery) than ninjutsu.

Like seriously, what would be the difference between Delta shooting laser eye beams from her mechanical eyes and some ninja shooting the exact same beams as a KKG or something like that?

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kawaki didn't just absorb attacks and throw them back. He also attacked with that Juugo-like technique.

If their bodies are scientific weapons then how is it any different (in terms of delivery) than ninjutsu.

Like seriously, what would be the difference between Delta shooting laser eye beams from her mechanical eyes and some ninja shooting the exact same beams as a KKG or something like that?
I'm referring to lack of ninja fighting and actual ninjutsu techniques and wasn't really impressed about kawakii arm morphing. Again in a naruto offshoot u would like a reasonable amount of ninja fights and ninjutsu which didnt have enough this arc due to highlighting scientific techs which I hope they keep to a minimum in the future

Reactions: salamander uchiha
Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm referring to lack of ninja fighting and actual ninjutsu techniques and wasn't really impressed about kawakii arm morphing. Again in a naruto offshoot u would like a reasonable amount of ninja fights and ninjutsu which didnt have enough this arc due to highlighting scientific techs which I hope they keep to a minimum in the future
You keep dodging my point and saying vague stuff like "lack of ninja fighting". If I were to put it simply, take a look at these two example scenarios:

1. Delta shoots eye beams from her mechanical eyes

2. Darui shoots eye beams from his normal eyes while shouting "raiton: laser vision".

Now tell me: What is the difference between these two scenarios?

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You keep dodging my point and saying vague stuff like "lack of ninja fighting". If I were to put it simply, take a look at these two example scenarios:

1. Delta shoots eye beams from her mechanical eyes

2. Darui shoots eye beams from his normal eyes while shouting "raiton: laser vision".

Now tell me: What is the difference between these two scenarios?
The difference is it's a machine doing it which is my issue because I dont want it to become widespread one is just an aesthetic thing of preferring to seeing regular ninja fighting other is the4 skills will diminish if they do

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The difference is it's a machine doing it which is my issue because I dont want it to become widespread one is just an aesthetic thing of preferring to seeing regular ninja fighting other is the4 skills will diminish if they do
I could understand and agree with your point if you were talking about just Ao or someone who used external weapons that weren't a part of their body. In cases like that, then diminished skills would actually be an issue since there can easily be times when a person doesn't have their external weapons on their person.

However, in the cases of people like Kawaki and Delta, they will always have their bodies. Their bodies aren't just "a machine doing it" as you say. Kawaki and Delta still have to exercise actual skill and know how in terms of using their bodies. They have to know their own limits, strengths and weaknesses. Heck, some of their techniques such as Delta's eye beams actually even use chakara.

Come to think of it:

It is actually kind of hypocritical to look down on Delta's and Kawaki's bodies, but then to praise certain KKGs such as the sharingan.

Uchihas don't train to awaken those eyes. It's just emotions. As much as I love mangekyou techniques, I must say that those jutsus aren't trained for or derived from skill. Obito was just instantly able to use kamui the moment he awakened MS. Heck, it is even implied that he used it subconsciously once before he even awakened MS (to slip through the rocks).

You call that skill? I call it being handed stuff on a silver platter by lucky genes.

The same can be said about other KKGs too.

Yet you really look down on someone with a cybernetic body? What's the difference between someone with a cybernetic body and someone with a KKG? Both are just handed their skills on a silver platter.

Getting back to the point:

No skills will diminish because:

1. Only a few people are using this stuff.

2. Even for the few people who are using these things, for those whose bodies are cybernetic, they don't have to worry about diminishing skill since they will always have their bodies on them.

Also, I don't know what happened to the grammar at the end of your post.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think you should take away why those characters were focused on Ninja Tech rather than the fact that they were so built around that concept. Ao for example serves multiple purposes in terms of writing. One such purpose is to explain that Ninja Tools are just that, tools, like shuriken or kunai before them. They aren't a person, nor are they a replacement of Shinobi by any miles as Ao explained. "As with any tool, how you use it is whats important." That was his role to play and the fight against him showed it perfectly in terms of how he lost.

Delta was intended to shuffle the risks of fighting around a bit as she isn't entirely human if human at all. Her body can be destroyed and it wouldn't matter, meaning that losing in a fight is not longer an important factor to the series, but rather just a random ending point. Naruto treated death as the ultimate end, the finale of your life and it was what drove the main villains like Nagato, Madara and Obito. Though in Boruto its not about the endings to our lives, but more about the journey there, to understand that death isn't the end, that even as a old generation dies off a new one will replace it.

This references back to what Gai said as he activated the 8th Gate and about Naruto and Sasuke's conversation during the Momoshiki arc. That a new generation has come. That is what Delta brings to the table, there is a new generation of foes with their own challenges to throw at the "heroes". Kawaki is the only one that doesn't have a clear goal as of right now, but we can always theorize about it. Personally I think his role in the story is to serve as a polar opposite of Boruto as we see in Chapter 1 when they fight. We know that Kawaki is pure Ninja Tech and that he is entirely reliant on it. While we see Boruto using old-fashioned clothes and gear, calling back to the previous generation.

Hence I would say that Kawaki's reason for being so written around Ninja Tech is to be the polar opposite in much the way Sasuke was to Naruto. That Boruto will be a character who calls back to the older days and respect those that came before, while Kawaki is the living incarnation of leaving the previous generation behind in favor for a new and "better" future that will climax around the topic that neither element is correct and that the future is about the harmony between life and tech.