chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because it can become canon character if comics or movies starts to incorprate those elements into the Joker moving forward.
Which would be awful for his character. And also still doesn't explain why a Joker out of character would be the best because it has a chance of being accurate in the future but not really because it would be influencing not being authentic to the books.

The best canon detail about the Jokers origin is there is no real origin and changing that canon, especially for this version, would be a shame. The closest thing to an accepted origin of Joker is The Killing Joke.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Which would be awful for his character. And also still doesn't explain why a Joker out of character would be the best because it has a chance of being accurate in the future but not really because it would be influencing not being authentic to the books.

The best canon detail about the Jokers origin is there is no real origin and changing that canon, especially for this version, would be a shame. The closest thing to an accepted origin of Joker is The Killing Joke.
listen to me i know that ur reall goal behind tis treed is to make some logical connection between deadpool and teh joker...but im not letting that happen... joker >>> deadpool!!!..

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I think the Joker has changed over the years, Nicholson influenced Hamill's joker, before the killing joke he was someone that hated Batman ala a bond villain, now he is almost with a story all by himself, like he doens't need Batman to be validated.

I agree Phonix wasn't accurate to the character at all, they just used the Joker name to hype up thier own original story. But maybe that could lead to a blending of the incarnations and lead to new refreshing takes.

Maybe the target audience was never Joker fans but just people in general who might become Joker fans.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree Phonix wasn't accurate to the character at all, they just used the Joker name to hype up thier own original story. But maybe that could lead to a blending of the incarnations and lead to new refreshing takes.

Maybe the target audience was never Joker fans but just people in general who might become Joker fans.
The Joker name is the sole reason why the movie is a financial success. If the movie was simply about a man named Arthur Fleck then this movie wouldn't have been such a big box office. (No disrespect to Phoenix, he's a good actor but he isn't a box office draw.)

Also this movie was like 90% Arthur Fleck and 10% Joker. We only truly got the Joker at the end. If they make a sequel then we can have some proper content that we can use to compare with Ledger and Nicholson.

Reactions: Chikombo