Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I had a moment of depth and came out with some clarity, the reason I liked his character was never because I wanted to murder children but because of the theme not the practicality, Itachi was trapped between duty and love, it's sort of like being trapped between friendship and being a good person.
That's a difficult conflict when it appears in real life, it can appear for teenagers and children I'm sure but not even adults knows how to deal with it.

This theme is not talked about alot, if you look at books like Hunger Games or Harry Potter, it's all very basic stuff, the kids are suffering but the choice between what is right or wrong is always simple.

The closest similarit I can think of is Jon Snow in GOT but he also was not a in a very grounded reality so it's hard to really sink your teeth into that theme.

• Wow
Reactions: Infant and Urda

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
True. Stuck between friendship and duty is a really good analogy for his situation. Either he kills his band of friends or he lets them invite the village's demise. It's really not as though these were his only two choices though. The only reason the Uchihas had to go so ham was because Danzo's stubbornness. Just ask yourself. Who's worth more? The entirety of the Uchiha clan or Danzo? Itachi could've negged Danzo or Shisui could've genjusted him into a pawn.

In character, Hiruzen would probably cover for Itachi's killing of Danzo too. He covered for the Uchiha Massacre to save both of them face, so he'd certainly cover for Itachi if it means keeping the villagers from escalating against the Uchiha. The only wild card is the council, but they're likely to know better too. Uchihas would literally neg them OR leave them in a position to be negged. Lose-lose. They have no choice but to go along with Itachi.

Reactions: Infant and Urda

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
True. Stuck between friendship and duty is a really good analogy for his situation. Either he kills his band of friends or he lets them invite the village's demise. It's really not as though these were his only two choices though. The only reason the Uchihas had to go so ham was because Danzo's stubbornness. Just ask yourself. Who's worth more? The entirety of the Uchiha clan or Danzo? Itachi could've negged Danzo or Shisui could've genjusted him into a pawn.

In character, Hiruzen would probably cover for Itachi's killing of Danzo too. He covered for the Uchiha Massacre to save both of them face, so he'd certainly cover for Itachi if it means keeping the villagers from escalating against the Uchiha. The only wild card is the council, but they're likely to know better too. Uchihas would literally neg them OR leave them in a position to be negged. Lose-lose. They have no choice but to go along with Itachi.
I know practically the story doesn't make sense, but it's a metaphysical theme that fascinated me, I never really thought of the details.
I do accept now that he wasn't a very good person in the end.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Killing Danzou while Uchihas were still planning to take over the village violently? That's as good as starting civil war.

The plot there makes sense just fine. You guys seem to have no idea how feudal systems worked in such cases.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Killing Danzou while Uchihas were still planning to take over the village violently? That's as good as starting civil war.

The plot there makes sense just fine. You guys seem to have no idea how feudal systems worked in such cases.
I definitely don't know how they worked, but I doubt the Uchihas would've took over violently if given an alternative. Their largest concern was the surveillance put onto them, and the one thwarting peace was Danzo. The fact that we recognize it'd start a civil war is precisely why it'd be covered up.

Reactions: Infant

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I definitely don't know how they worked, but I doubt the Uchihas would've took over violently if given an alternative. Their largest concern was the surveillance put onto them, and the one thwarting peace was Danzo. The fact that we recognize it'd start a civil war is precisely why it'd be covered up.
Manga clearly said they were planning exactly that. Whether they would succeed or not , it would start civil war. The "talks" already had died out. There is no excuse for alternative theories and conjectures at this point.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Manga clearly said they were planning exactly that. Whether they would succeed or not , it would start civil war. The "talks" already had died out. There is no excuse for alternative theories and conjectures at this point.
Because they weren't given an alternative. The Uchiha coup, the coup specifically, would lead to a civil war, not the death of Danzo. There are drastic differences between the coup and killing Danzo.
1. The coup is a surprise attack, but, after the surprise, a blatant attack on the village by the Uchihas.
2. Killing Danzo is something that can fall under the radar.

The differences between the two is a lot like this:
1. Threatening to kill your aggressors because you'll die anyway.
2. Threatening to kill yourself if someone attempts to rob you.
Konoha would choose the robbery before the murder.

Reactions: Infant

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because they weren't given an alternative. The Uchiha coup, the coup specifically, would lead to a civil war, not the death of Danzo. There are drastic differences between the coup and killing Danzo.
1. The coup is a surprise attack, but, after the surprise, a blatant attack on the village by the Uchihas.

Killing Danzou cannot fall under the radar. Hiruzen would have to explain his death. Besides Uchihas were not ready to compromise and their deadline for coup was nearing. There was no time left. Their coup was going to happen whether danzou lived or died. Uchihas were not starting war because of danzou.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Putting things in the perspective, killing Danzo would be the same thing as attacking the village and it would not be ignored. Danzo is an Elder and in the command of Root (subdivision of ANBU). Whats makes you think the others elders will sit back and ignore it? It may not shown they went along with Danzo, but they did not object Dazno's suggesting of killing Uchiha either.