Elite
Kin
178๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
2,386๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
Whatever 123draft says its canon, its canon. We should trust the high authority of canonship.

Seriously now,

I think that ship is long gone. There are arguments that sustain both sides but for me the anime is a retconf*fest and it shouldn't be taken seriously but with a grain of salt. It is just nonsense how in the span of a half a year they basically change everything.

I am sticking with Kodachi writting 'tho (even if its worthy of jumping against a wall), since there is a big dog in SP that decides the route of the anime, i can't remember his name now but essentially one dude decides what happens in the manga and another dude decides what is going on in the anime.

Last edited:

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
People can debate all they want over if the anime as a whole is canon or notโ€”but the movie arc specifically should be treated as canon. The movie itself obviously was canon, and the movie arc in the anime is essentially the directors cut of the movie. The guy currently in charge of the anime was the director of the movie, and he's gone on record in the past saying that there was a lot of content he had to cut from the movie due to time/budget but that he was going to put all that cut content back when his team redid the movie in the anime.

Koibito

Regular
Kin
15๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
12๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
People can debate all they want over if the anime as a whole is canon or notโ€”but the movie arc specifically should be treated as canon. The movie itself obviously was canon, and the movie arc in the anime is essentially the directors cut of the movie. The guy currently in charge of the anime was the director of the movie, and he's gone on record in the past saying that there was a lot of content he had to cut from the movie due to time/budget but that he was going to put all that cut content back when his team redid the movie in the anime.
/ thread

chaos control

Veteran
Kin
9๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
3๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Don't worry about canon and noncanon. It is a useless toxic concept anyway that is only used to hype some characters and downplay others.

For me personally, I just consider the manga, movie and anime as similar but different continuities (similar to how DBS anime and manga follow similar but different continuities). I just enjoy each story on its own individual basis and don't worry about that stupid filler vs canon crap.

Some people here seem to worship the writer. Not me though. I just enjoy the literature regardless of the medium.

uhmusddy

Veteran
Kin
38๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
15๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
movie was canon, is retconned.

this is what it was written to be fully

the way I chose to see it is the boruto anime in general is true fleshed out story meant to stand alone while still being a sequel series. while the manga is condensed rough draft, where it relies on being sequel to naruto not bothering to explain lore or history or other character development the way anime does