"I am what you are"

sunclan

Kin
208💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was thinking about various (apparently)opposing groups, such as believing that soul exists and believing that we're just atoms, for that context I thought that you can never really say that 'I am soul, and you're not' or 'I'm just atoms but you're soul', because whatever I am so are you, in the end we're all in the same boat, we may debate what that boat is but we're brothers/sisters (something 'ers) in the end.

It made me think about common grounds.

What do you think about this particular idea? it makes the whole fighting seem stupid

Reactions: Harorudo

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No one says "I'm soul and you're atom" or "I'm atom and you're soul." It's only "I'm atom and you're atom" or "I'm good/bad soul and you're good/bad soul." The distinction is that no one cares about whether anyone is truly atom or soul nearly as much as they care about how others go about their lives. There's no real common ground for that kind of intrusive policy.
Even the option of not forcing your beliefs on others isn't common ground because some groups still have interest in doing so, thus more fighting to stop that from happening. Common ground is stupid. You don't come to a deal with terrorists, they either get what they want or you get what you don't. The fighting is justified.

sunclan

Kin
208💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No one says "I'm soul and you're atom" or "I'm atom and you're soul." It's only "I'm atom and you're atom" or "I'm good/bad soul and you're good/bad soul." The distinction is that no one cares about whether anyone is truly atom or soul nearly as much as they care about how others go about their lives. There's no real common ground for that kind of intrusive policy.
Even the option of not forcing your beliefs on others isn't common ground because some groups still have interest in doing so, thus more fighting to stop that from happening. Common ground is stupid. You don't come to a deal with terrorists, they either get what they want or you get what you don't. The fighting is justified.
I think you described it in a more grounded realistic way, while I was taking a more philosophical approach, I think what you introduced can be seen as a lack of self-awareness in people, but regardless in a perfect world my idea does work, and in this world we can separate the problem and work towards a solution, because this is a perfect world + unwanted elements.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think you described it in a more grounded realistic way, while I was taking a more philosophical approach, I think what you introduced can be seen as a lack of self-awareness in people, but regardless in a perfect world my idea does work, and in this world we can separate the problem and work towards a solution, because this is a perfect world + unwanted elements.
What kind of world is perfect?