Kin
907💸
Kumi
2,293💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

(Cover of the first volume of Hunter × Hunter.)

Series Name: Hunter × Hunter (ハンター×ハンター Hantā Hantā)

Year of Serialization:
Manga Date: March 3, 1998 Anime Date: October 2, 2011

Author(s): The Author(s) of the anime series is
Atsushi Maekawa andTsutomu Kamishiro.

Artist(s): ---

Genre(s): Action, Adventure, Fantasy.

Current Status: The series is still ongoing. There is no ending date.

Moment of Reviewing:
I have viewed every episode to date (Episode 91). I will be reviewing the series as of that stand-point.

Other Formats: Manga, Anime Television Series, Anime Film.

Series Summary:

The story is about a boy named Gon, who discovers that his father, whom he was told was dead, is actually alive and well. He learns that his father, Ging, is a world-renowned Hunter: a licensed profession for those who specialize in fantastic pursuits such as locating rare or unidentified animal species, treasure hunting, surveying unexplored enclaves, or hunting down lawless individuals. Gon was then left with close relatives, despite the fact Gon's father is a Hunter, Gon's still determined to become ones as well, to one day understand his fathers feeling towards Hunting. On the way Gon meets life-long friends, wages fierce battles and makes difficult decisions.

Critical Review:

This series is fantastic. It captures every detail, every stigma, every fantasy.

I was skeptical at first, but when I watched it, it was like turning over a new leaf. Gon is just your average everyday kid wanting to become a powerful individual. The anime really connects with your inner-being, the anime really captures your true self and displays it on the screen.

The lack of fandom surrounding Hunter X Hunter is somewhat enigmatic to me. It is a title that, by all rights, should have a huge buzz behind it. Not only is Hunter X Hunter the work of Yoshihiro Togashi, the creator of Yu Yu Hakusho, but it is also far superior to other currently running big-hype titles, the most prominent of which is Naruto. It manages to be enormously entertaining through its unique concoction of animation, characterization, and plot, without resorting to the cliches that have all too often ruined a seemingly novel show of a similar vein. And yet Hunter X Hunter remains little known. With any luck this review will have a hand in lifting the veil of obscurity that currently surrounds this magnificent title.

I would suggest this anime to everyone I meet. It's just so addicting, you can't stop watching. 10/10 I would say on a rating scale.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasto Lordé

Domo Genesis

<div class="bbWrapper">love this show more than Naruto.</div>

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1 of my all time favorite anime. I never read the manga, many readers says HXH 2011 follows the manga than HXH 1999 (which has many filler), therefore I watch as well the 2011,.. I would say its really fast paced,.. I prefer the 1999 though

Hunter X Hunter has interesting story line, though Togashi did a marvelous job with Yu Yu Hakusho I didn't expect he created another manga which is freaking good!