chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Idk I'm loving the 2011 version up to this point(chimera ant arc). I don't know if I'd be able to watch the series over though with worse animations in the 99 version. That doesn't sound like a good idea at all.
Who said it was worse animation? As far as quality they are equal, the 2011 version has brighter colors but the drawings and motion in both are equal(the only thing I disliked art wise was Kite in 2011).

razinzell

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Who said it was worse animation? As far as quality they are equal, the 2011 version has brighter colors but the drawings and motion in both are equal(the only thing I disliked art wise was Kite in 2011).
Stop kidding yourself. That is not based on opinion. The animation is objectively better in the new version.

And you say that The original follows the manga better. But the original has a bunch of filler episodes. So that point is just plain wrong.

And your other arguments are really insignificant. Like tonpa tricking them, is it really that big of a deal? It does not affect the arc or the story in the slightest bit. Though I will agree with you on the kite part. But that one scene is not enough to make me dislike the entire series.

The music and the voices are all subjective. Like I think that Hisokas voice is way better in the new version. And the 1999 Uvogin sounds so emotionless and just boring. But I cannot argue with you on that point because it is all opinion.

But another thing that is way better is the fights. Just watch Kurapika vs Uvogin. In the 1999 version their confrontation before the fight was just so bland. Of course the actual fighting part was way better in the new version because of the awesome animation. And the ending was the biggest part. Where Kurapika has Uvo chained up. The way they delivered the lines in the new version is so much better. There was just so much more emotion, especially the way that Uvo died. Watch them both, and if you tell me that the way he died in the older version was better, then you are lying to yourself.

Why the 2011 version is better - Goes on longer, follows the manga better, way higher quality, better fights, faster pace.
Why the 1999 version is better - that one scene with Kite....

I see no reason to watch the older version.

Last edited:

xcoyote

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The only thing that 99 did better than 2011 is what followed after Uvogin's death,Kurapika's mental breakdown was so well done.
Oh and the Kite scene ofcourse.
Overall imo 2011 trumps it and the current arc is golden.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Stop kidding yourself. That is not based on opinion. The animation is objectively better in the new version.

And you say that The original follows the manga better. But the original has a bunch of filler episodes. So that point is just plain wrong.

And your other arguments are really insignificant. Like tonpa tricking them, is it really that big of a deal? It does not affect the arc or the story in the slightest bit. Though I will agree with you on the kite part. But that one scene is not enough to make me dislike the entire series.

The music and the voices are all subjective. Like I think that Hisokas voice is way better in the new version. And the 1999 Uvogin sounds so emotionless and just boring. But I cannot argue with you on that point because it is all opinion.

But another thing that is way better is the fights. Just watch Kurapika vs Uvogin. In the 1999 version their confrontation before the fight was just so bland. Of course the actual fighting part was way better in the new version because of the awesome animation. And the ending was the biggest part. Where Kurapika has Uvo chained up. The way they delivered the lines in the new version is so much better. There was just so much more emotion, especially the way that Uvo died. Watch them both, and if you tell me that the way he died in the older version was better, then you are lying to yourself.

Why the 2011 version is better - Goes on longer, follows the manga better, way higher quality, better fights, faster pace.
Why the 1999 version is better - that one scene with Kite....

I see no reason to watch the older version.
But the original has a bunch of filler episodes. So that point is just plain wrong.
1999 version had 5 count em 5 fillers and it had 0 worthless recap episodes like the 2011 version had.

Like tonpa tricking them, is it really that big of a deal? It does not affect the arc or the story in the slightest bit.

It does effect the story because it makes Kurapika come across as weak and easily tricked(stupid). So yes as far as staying accurate to what happened in the manga the 1999 version did it better.

and if you tell me that the way he died in the older version was better, then you are lying to yourself.
So if I disagree with you I'm lying to myself? Great logic you got there buddy.

As far as the art goes it is all a personal preference and you seem to believe that current equals better which is fine for you to believe but it's simply not always true. Here is Leorio
You must be registered for see images
Manga

You're honestly gonna say that the 2011 is better when there is clearly so much more detail put into the 1999 version and on top of that 99 looks more like the manga with the haircut(which is one of my problems with 2011 Gon his hair looks weird for some reason to me) and before you try to say I used pics to support my case all 3 pics came straight from here

99 clearly put more detail in their characters 2011 put brighter colors. Also as someone else pointed out in a different thread, Kurapika didn't look so feminine in the 99 version(still kind of feminine looking but less so then 2011)

Last edited:

razinzell

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But the original has a bunch of filler episodes. So that point is just plain wrong.
1999 version had 5 count em 5 fillers and it had 0 worthless recap episodes like the 2011 version had.
5 fillers makes it way less loyal to the manga than 2 scenes.

Like tonpa tricking them, is it really that big of a deal? It does not affect the arc or the story in the slightest bit.

It does effect the story because it makes Kurapika come across as weak and easily tricked(stupid). So yes as far as staying accurate to what happened in the manga the 1999 version did it better.
In that one scene yes. But like I said, the fact that it has filler episodes makes the 2011 version more loyal.

and if you tell me that the way he died in the older version was better, then you are lying to yourself.
So if I disagree with you I'm lying to myself? Great logic you got there buddy.
Watch both of the scenes, it was done better in the 2011 version. There is no way anyone can say otherwise. If you want to argue with me on that point. Tell me why the 99 version of his death was better.

the art style is subjective so I'm not gonna debate you on that point.