EZQ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People still read this manga? I gave up a long time ago. Haven't even read the new chapters :lmao:

Togashi is a lazy hell!
It's still the best shonen ever created, by a pretty long gap. Maybe the breaks are what makes it so good. This guy really has a lot of time to think things trough. The quantity of text and plot containt per chapter is crazy.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
People still read this manga? I gave up a long time ago. Haven't even read the new chapters :lmao:

Togashi is a lazy as hell!
There's no such thing as a lazy mangaka. A mangaka's work schedule in of itself is a hellish one, even if you do it like 10 weeks or 5 weeks straight.

With his health deteriorating, I don't think calling him lazy is really called for. It's good that he found a middle ground of just releasing a volume's worth of material each year.

JStar King

Elite
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's still the best shonen ever created, by a pretty long gap. Maybe the breaks are what makes it so good. This guy really has a lot of time to think things trough. The quantity of text and plot containt per chapter is crazy.
I still love it, but I got tired with the multiple hiatuses.

There's no such thing as a lazy mangaka. A mangaka's work schedule in of itself is a hellish one, even if you do it like 10 weeks or 5 weeks straight.

With his health deteriorating, I don't think calling him lazy is really called for. It's good that he found a middle ground of just releasing a volume's worth of material each year.
That's why you need assistants. But Togashi is too stubborn to bring in one.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's why you need assistants. But Togashi is too stubborn to bring in one.
Togashi has assistants as seen in the Jump Ryu video, there's no way anyone could do the current level of HxH's art without assistants. Dark Continent's art is HxH's peak in art, at least in terms of backgrounds.

@36:30
[video=youtube;Xxi_jiMp9Wc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxi_jiMp9Wc[/video]

BusinessManTeno

Supreme
Kin
2,903💸
Kumi
10,493💴
Trait Points
60⚔️
Awards
Lol
Actually he isn't lazy. The reason he always take breaks is cause he doesn't want it to be a Fairy Tail, or Bleach
There was an interview and his response was very understandable.

He pretty much stated he loves to write/read manga. But sometime it feels more like a job then something he likes. He said he went through some of his darkest times with YYH and how he felt he rushed it that he was just so ashamed of himself.. He also said sometimes during the start of hxh he would be up nonstop to where he got sick (literally) just to meet the deadline.. So now he pretty much takes a break when he feels a toll might take on. He does it when he feels that vibe.. even though its not consistent its better for him to take a few month breaks and give us 10 chapters vs 10 yr break with nothing