[Discussion] Hunter X Hunter to continue?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Set to return mid 2017. I'm sure it's probably fake but the fact that the Sailor Moon writer is his wife may lend credibility to it.

How do you think this will work if true? Will she be taking up the story or will he still tell her the story for her to make it? Will the art noticeably change do you think(I've never seen her work)?

EZQ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There have been 20 manga chapters from where the anime stopped. That's material for 10 chapters of anime, or at best 15. I doubt any studio would risk to make a new season of HxH when there's not enough manga material.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Seems like Togashi is going to pump out a volume every year or two. It's not that bad of a wait and well worth it seeing how the story is developing.

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Soooooo much potential.

I think Togashi should let an animation studio remake Yu Yu Hakusho like they did HxH only this time he fixes the ending.

ToshiZO

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Seems like Togashi is going to pump out a volume every year or two. It's not that bad of a wait and well worth it seeing how the story is developing.
"seems like Togashi is going to pump out a volume every year or two, because he figured he needs to keep his manga in the bookshelves to keep sales"

Agreed.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"seems like Togashi is going to pump out a volume every year or two, because he figured he needs to keep his manga in the bookshelves to keep sales"

Agreed.
Well after a 3 year+ hiatus from the previous volume release, the sales are still healthy. So need to worry, in fact, sales are better now.

ToshiZO

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well after a 3 year+ hiatus from the previous volume release, the sales are still healthy. So need to worry, in fact, sales are better now.

It is an issue when stores were packaging your volumes in a bundle, selling them cheap, and announcing your manga is over. He has to come back with a volume to put in stores, every now and then.

I remember I was saying he was only coming back for a volume, and I was right.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

It is an issue when stores were packaging your volumes in a bundle, selling them cheap, and announcing your manga is over. He has to come back with a volume to put in stores, every now and then.

I remember I was saying he was only coming back for a volume, and I was right.
Those are a few out of many bookstores & yes, the hiatus is frustrating for them but it doesn't matter. HxH sales are still healthy as ever. It was the best seller of the week and even month release by a huge gap iirc, even outperforming the previous volumes.

Technically he only contributed a chapter to the latest volume. Not much of a surprise and most people were expecting a ~10 chapter run before the next hiatus so a single volume release was pretty inevitable.