Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,838💸
Kumi
26,618💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Okay, start by telling me what you know about Sound Release Ninjutsu.
Alright so having to fight against this thing for so many years I've come to learn that Sound ninjutsu allows one to create and manipulate sound waves. These sound waves can be beneficial to the user or detrimental to the opponent by inducing a number of effects such as paralysis.

There are different type of sound waves, such as ones that induce genjutsu, but since I'm not interested in that field I'll just skip it. The other two are destructive sound waves that can cause physical damage and are visible, and hindering sound waves which affect the opponent's body by disrupting balance or making the opponent unable to move. Hindering soundwaves are instant, but they don't do physical damage.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay, you clearly know the basics, but for the sake of making sure you know this stuff, I'll fill in the rest. While you're not interested in them, Genjutsu Inducing sound waves are very useful, as they typically possess the same qualities as Hindering sound waves, in that there's little to no time between performing them, and their effects take hold immediately. Next, when it comes to defending yourself from sound waves, exclusively of the Destructive variety as the other two types are instant, the most common method is to use Wind, as it's the medium through which the Sound waves are able to travel, and attack their target. There are others, like throwing up a wall of Earth, but they're not always successful. I thik that covers what's left of the basics, so now let's move onto the techniques;

(Ototon: Naiteki Ne no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Inner Sonar Skill
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 10 (-1 per turn)
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user will enhance their hearing by infusing his ears with sound chakra. Then, by utilizing chakra and enfacing his lungs, the user will be able to control the frequency and intensity of the sound emitted from his simple breathing. This low frequency, inaudible sound is passively emitted and has no effect other than emerging from him and bouncing off of objects. Using the enhanced hearing, the user is able to know where everything is around them, effectively creating a sonar effect through the rebound and reflection of sound waves. The hearing and the sonar effect is precise enough so that one can effectively use it to substitute one's vision in battle if needed. Despite being very effective, specially if the user has any of his other senses hindered, it also leaves the user vulnerable to sound genjutsu or sound attacks which will be much more drastic in its effects.
Note: Lasts 6 turns

(Ototon: Chūnyū no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Infusion Technique
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description: A simple technique where the user touches an object and infuses it with sound chakra, enabling it to vibrate and produce a low frequency, high amplitude sound. The vibrations cause objects to bounce off of the targeted object which is highly useful when fighting with weapons or to make thrown basic weapons resist opposing thrown weapons.. It also resonates to the user if he were to be blind (because of a genjutsu for example), letting the the user know the objects position and what it deflects. It can also be applied to solid objects or structures the user may wish to destroy or, by applying it to the ground or similar, detect what is around him by making it resonate with the same low frequency. The object gets no added power, only the ability to deflect incoming objects that want to counter it.

(Ototon: Sumakku Te no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Clapping Hands
Type: Defensive
Description: The user charges Ototon chakra into the palms of their hands, and then smashes them together. The force creates high frequency sound waves which can be used to disperse incoming "solid" jutsu (only works on B-Rank or below jutsu) like those of Water Release or Earth Release.

Okay so, you should know the drill. Break down the Jutsu's, going over their pros and cons, and any special features of the techniques themselves, potential applications, and how you'd counter/ fight them, etc. I'll do my best to go over any parts you miss, or feel like you gloss over or whatever.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,838💸
Kumi
26,618💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Got it.

(Ototon: Naiteki Ne no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Inner Sonar Skill
Chakra Cost: 10 (-1 per turn)
Description: The user will enhance their hearing by infusing his ears with sound chakra. Then, by utilizing chakra and enfacing his lungs, the user will be able to control the frequency and intensity of the sound emitted from his simple breathing. This low frequency, inaudible sound is passively emitted and has no effect other than emerging from him and bouncing off of objects. Using the enhanced hearing, the user is able to know where everything is around them, effectively creating a sonar effect through the rebound and reflection of sound waves. The hearing and the sonar effect is precise enough so that one can effectively use it to substitute one's vision in battle if needed. Despite being very effective, specially if the user has any of his other senses hindered, it also leaves the user vulnerable to sound genjutsu or sound attacks which will be much more drastic in its effects.
Note: Lasts 6 turns
So first up we have Inner Sonar Skill. This technique allows the user to enhance their hearing by infusing their ears with sound chakra. Then, by using their lungs the user passively emits a sound that bounces off things and lets the user know where things are. Works exactly like echolocation.

Pro of this is that it lets you know where things on the battlefield are, but the con outweighs it because if a really loud sound is produced it will do more damage to the user due to the heightened sense of hearing.

I'd fight against this by producing an incredibly loud sound to deafen my opponent.

(Ototon: Chūnyū no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Infusion Technique
Damage points: N/A
Description: A simple technique where the user touches an object and infuses it with sound chakra, enabling it to vibrate and produce a low frequency, high amplitude sound. The vibrations cause objects to bounce off of the targeted object which is highly useful when fighting with weapons or to make thrown basic weapons resist opposing thrown weapons.. It also resonates to the user if he were to be blind (because of a genjutsu for example), letting the the user know the objects position and what it deflects. It can also be applied to solid objects or structures the user may wish to destroy or, by applying it to the ground or similar, detect what is around him by making it resonate with the same low frequency. The object gets no added power, only the ability to deflect incoming objects that want to counter it.
This technique allows the user to infuse the objects they touch with sound chakra, which allows the objects to vibrate and produce a low frequency sound, which causes other objects to bounce off of the sound infused object. It can also be used on solid objects or structures do detect things within.

Can't really see a con to this. I use kenjutsu a lot, but it's pretty rare that I get to actually connect my swords with others, but regardless of that this is still a good technique to have in my arsenal. The pro is obviously the ability to knock away incoming objects. My question is though, what rank objects can we knock away? Is it restricted to B rank, or does the rank of the object knocked away have to be weaker than the rank of the weapons?

In order to fight against this I think that vibrating your own weapon or object at the same frequency as the opponent's should allow them to bounce off of each other respectively, or nullify the bounce? Not too sure.

(Ototon: Sumakku Te no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Clapping Hands
Type: Defensive
Description: The user charges Ototon chakra into the palms of their hands, and then smashes them together. The force creates high frequency sound waves which can be used to disperse incoming "solid" jutsu (only works on B-Rank or below jutsu) like those of Water Release or Earth Release.
Break down the Jutsu's, going over their pros and cons, and any special features of the techniques themselves, potential applications, and how you'd counter/ fight them, etc.

A pretty simple, yet useful technique that allows the user to release high-frequency sound waves by clapping their hands together. These sound waves can counter solid techniques of the same rank such as water and earth.

Not really any cons other than that you have to clap your hands to release the waves, meaning that you can't use it if paralyzed. Pro is that is can destroy solid techs of the same rank.

To fight against this I'd more than likely use a wind technique of the same rank to destroy the sound wave.

*Reminder that our Lord and savior can also use sound release

You must be registered for see images

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What rank objects can we knock away? Is it restricted to B rank, or does the rank of the object knocked away have to be weaker than the rank of the weapons?

In order to fight against this I think that vibrating your own weapon or object at the same frequency as the opponent's should allow them to bounce off of each other respectively, or nullify the bounce? Not too sure.
Yeah, it's B-Rank and below, following Elemental/ Jutsu Interactions. Naturally unranked, regular Ninja Tools are obviously heavily outmatched against an infused weapon/ tool. In regards to using against another infused weapon, yes, the techniques would cancel one another out, making both member's attacks play on equal footing. Good questions. Moving on.

(Ototon: Oto no Ken) - Sound Release: Sonic Fist
Type: Attack
Damage Points: 40
Description: The user gathers chakra either around their fist, arm, or leg and then charges towards their opponent. Upon utilizing an attack involving the aforementioned limb, it causes a release of sonic vibrations (of a low frequency but with a high amplitude) that act as a secondary strike, making the opponent unable to use the body part that has been hit for 1 turn. This happens because the sound vibrations damage soft tissue by resonating within the water molecules that reside within it. The effect is similar to a localized explosion upon contact that rips through the targeted area and creates a shockwave that blasts the target backwards. The skill is exceptionally useful if used against solid techniques such as those from Earth Release (or similar) which will shatter upon being hit.

(Ototon: Hibiki Rendan no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Echo Assault Skill
Type: Offensive
Description: The user gathers his sound chakra into his throat as he inhales afterwards exhaling as he screams, yells or roars. The resulting effect is a massive forward shockwave of low frequency, high amplitude sound that levels anything in its path. Despite weakening as it travels, its faster than most wind or lightning techniques and can still be defended from. If used within a water source it receives +20 damage.

( Ototon Genjutsu: Funka to Botsuraku ) - Sound Release Illusionary Art: Eruption and Downfall
Description: The user charges Ototon chakra into his hands and snaps his fingers, triggering a genjutsu through the emission of high frequency sound waves. As he snaps, the sound is amplified, sounding as if it is directly by the enemy's ear. To them, it sounds as if something has just snapped in half. The user then manipulates the illusion to make it appear as if either a large branch has fallen from a tree or the ground under them has broken clean in half, causing the target to believe they are falling through the earth or have been struck with a large object, pushing them to the earth. The user has control over the illusion, being able to make it seem as if entire trees have been snapped in half, falling on the target or as if an earth structure has collapsed either above or beneath the opponent, etc. The illusion can be edited to fit the situation and even the sound can be slightly altered deepening on the object that is "snapped". Is more effective depending upon the terrain this is used in ( extremely effective in a forest, not effective in a desert ).

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,838💸
Kumi
26,618💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
(Ototon: Oto no Ken) - Sound Release: Sonic Fist
Type: Attack
Description: The user gathers chakra either around their fist, arm, or leg and then charges towards their opponent. Upon utilizing an attack involving the aforementioned limb, it causes a release of sonic vibrations (of a low frequency but with a high amplitude) that act as a secondary strike, making the opponent unable to use the body part that has been hit for 1 turn. This happens because the sound vibrations damage soft tissue by resonating within the water molecules that reside within it. The effect is similar to a localized explosion upon contact that rips through the targeted area and creates a shockwave that blasts the target backwards. The skill is exceptionally useful if used against solid techniques such as those from Earth Release (or similar) which will shatter upon being hit.
Lol. Sonic Fist. Love the technique name. So this technique allows you to channel sound chakra into a limb as you charge towards the opponent, and after attacking with said limb it releases sonic vibrations that act as a secondary strike, making the opponent unable to use the part of their body that was struck.

Pro of this, and the part that I like the most, is that it renders the opponent unable to use the part of their body that was struck. Don't really see a con.

Similar to earlier sound infusion technique, to counter this I'd utilyze the same technique to attack the limb my opponent had channeled their sound chakra into, cause them to cancel out. Or, I'd just dodge.

(Ototon: Hibiki Rendan no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Echo Assault Skill
Description: The user gathers his sound chakra into his throat as he inhales afterwards exhaling as he screams, yells or roars. The resulting effect is a massive forward shockwave of low frequency, high amplitude sound that levels anything in its path. Despite weakening as it travels, its faster than most wind or lightning techniques and can still be defended from. If used within a water source it receives +20 damage.
Alright, EAS. So this works by gathering chakra into your throat as you inhale, and then exhale as you scream, yell, or roar, resulting in a massive shockwave that levels everything in its path being released.

Can only see pros to this tech. the first being that it gains a +20 damage boost in water, and the second being that it's faster than most wind and lightning techniques.

Since I enjoy theatrics when I fight, I'd counter this by using one of my own inuzuka roaring techniques, just because I enjoy how it plays out when I envision it.

( Ototon Genjutsu: Funka to Botsuraku ) - Sound Release Illusionary Art: Eruption and Downfall
Description: The user charges Ototon chakra into his hands and snaps his fingers, triggering a genjutsu through the emission of high frequency sound waves. As he snaps, the sound is amplified, sounding as if it is directly by the enemy's ear. To them, it sounds as if something has just snapped in half. The user then manipulates the illusion to make it appear as if either a large branch has fallen from a tree or the ground under them has broken clean in half, causing the target to believe they are falling through the earth or have been struck with a large object, pushing them to the earth. The user has control over the illusion, being able to make it seem as if entire trees have been snapped in half, falling on the target or as if an earth structure has collapsed either above or beneath the opponent, etc. The illusion can be edited to fit the situation and even the sound can be slightly altered deepening on the object that is "snapped". Is more effective depending upon the terrain this is used in ( extremely effective in a forest, not effective in a desert ).
Ah. A sound gen I'll probably never use. This works by channeling sound chakra into your hands and snapping your fingers, which generates a sound that places the opponent in an illusion where the ground under them has broken in half and causes the target believe they're falling through the earth or have been stuck by a falling object.

Con of this is that it's useful depending on the location you're fighting in, but if used correctly the part where the ground opens up could be hard to decipher as a genjutsu if you utilize it while doing something like a stomp or striking the ground.

Since I have the ability to smell chakra, I can automatically deduce when an opponent has mixed their chakra into mine, so I'd just use kai, or some other method of breaking the illusion.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay, nice, let's move on.

( Ototon: Teisei Tame Inu) - Sound Release: Whispers to the Canines
Description: The user gathers Ototon chakra in his vocal chords. He then whistles, releasing a high frequency sound wave, creating a sound similar to a faint buzzing in the target's ear, similar to Ringing Madness. However, instead of causing a foe to become disoriented, it impairs his hearing, making the buzzing the only thing that he can hear, seeming as if the target has bees swimming around his ear. The buzzing drowns any sound out, unless they are exceptionally loud (i.e. great explosions, one yelling directly into the target's ear, etc), making it very difficult for the target to hear incoming jutsus or attacks.
Note: Hearing impairment lasts 3 turns

(Ototon: Himei Zetsubou no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Scream of Despair Skill
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Description: Similar to the (Ototon: Hibiki Rendan no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Echo Assault Skill, the user concentrates chakra into their vocal cords, amplifying his/her voice and lets out a scream, roar or a yell. The effect is a large emission of low frequency, high amplitude sound waves but instead of a forward attack, its manipulated into an omnidirectional sound blast that expands outwards all around the user, pushing attacks and enemies backwards with might.

(Ototon: Ōkī Hibiki Rendan no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Greater Echo Assault Skill
Chakra Cost: 30
Damage Points: 60
Description: This is a much greater and focused version of the (Ototon: Hibiki Rendan no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Echo Assault Skill technique in which the user gathers his sound chakra into his throat as he inhales afterwards exhaling as he screams, yells or roars. The resulting effect is a massive forward shockwave of low frequency, high amplitude sound that levels anything in its path. Unlike its weaker technique, the massive power it carries makes it slightly slower, equal to an average equally ranked Raiton technique. Unlike the unfocused nature of its weaker version, its focused almost like a beam, affecting an area of 50º in front of the user. If used within a water source it receives +20 damage.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,838💸
Kumi
26,618💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Got it.

( Ototon: Teisei Tame Inu) - Sound Release: Whispers to the Canines
Description: The user gathers Ototon chakra in his vocal chords. He then whistles, releasing a high frequency sound wave, creating a sound similar to a faint buzzing in the target's ear, similar to Ringing Madness. However, instead of causing a foe to become disoriented, it impairs his hearing, making the buzzing the only thing that he can hear, seeming as if the target has bees swimming around his ear. The buzzing drowns any sound out, unless they are exceptionally loud (i.e. great explosions, one yelling directly into the target's ear, etc), making it very difficult for the target to hear incoming jutsus or attacks.
Note: Hearing impairment lasts 3 turns

Loving the name of this lol. This works by gathering sound chakra in your vocal cords and whistle in order to release a high-frequency sound wave that creates a slight buzzing in the opponent's ear that impairs their hearing. This makes it so the buzzing is all they can hair and drowns out other sounds

Pro of this is that it drowns out the sound for techniques that would normally make a lot of noise. Nothing else to really add.

As I'm able to smell chakra, losing my hearing wouldn't really affect me much as I'd still be able to locate a jutsu even if it's silent.

(Ototon: Himei Zetsubou no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Scream of Despair Skill
Description: Similar to the (Ototon: Hibiki Rendan no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Echo Assault Skill, the user concentrates chakra into their vocal cords, amplifying his/her voice and lets out a scream, roar or a yell. The effect is a large emission of low frequency, high amplitude sound waves but instead of a forward attack, its manipulated into an omnidirectional sound blast that expands outwards all around the user, pushing attacks and enemies backwards with might.
This technique works by having the user concentrate chakra into there vocal cords and then scream, roar, or yell, which results in the user emitting a low frequency, high amplitude sound wave in the form of an omnidirectional direction blast that expands outwards and pushes enemies backwards.

Pro of this is that it's omnidirectional and can save you if you find yourself surrounded. A con of this is that you have to be careful when using this around allies.

Given the range of this technique in order to dodge it, I would move out of range before the blast hits me, or build up a suitable defense to block the damage and just allow myself to be pushed back.

(Ototon: Ōkī Hibiki Rendan no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Greater Echo Assault Skill
Description: This is a much greater and focused version of the (Ototon: Hibiki Rendan no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Echo Assault Skill technique in which the user gathers his sound chakra into his throat as he inhales afterwards exhaling as he screams, yells or roars. The resulting effect is a massive forward shockwave of low frequency, high amplitude sound that levels anything in its path. Unlike its weaker technique, the massive power it carries makes it slightly slower, equal to an average equally ranked Raiton technique. Unlike the unfocused nature of its weaker version, its focused almost like a beam, affecting an area of 50º in front of the user. If used within a water source it receives +20 damage.

This technique works by gathering sound chakra into the throat and exhale it as you scream, yell, or roar, releasing a massive shockwave that levels anything in its path.

Pro of this is that it's released in a focused manner rather than an unfocused one, and the fact that it gains an additional +20 damage when used in water. Con is that it moves slower due to it's massive power.

Since it's released in a beam like matter, I would deal with this technique by dodging it or counting with an equally powerful technique.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay, next batch. Because a new B-Rank was added to the list after we went over them, I'll throw that one in for free. It's relatively simple anyway.

( Ototon: Namida Sanjō no Jutsu ) - Sound Release: Calling on Tears Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra: 20
Damage: N/A
Description: The user creates a wave of sound by crying that can incapacitate anyone who hears it for one turn. The frequency of the sound waves can be used to trigger explosive tags.

(Ototon: Kireme Yure) - Sound Release: Shattering Vibrations
Range: Short-Mid
Description: The user gathers a large amount of sound chakra into both of his hands, creating a vibration field around them that resonates at different, yet low, frequencies. The user will then slam both hands together, forcing them to resonate with each other and explode. This creates a massive sound shockwave that pushes back anything in front of the user in a 160º radius.

( Ototon: Jakkuhanma ) - Sound Release: Jackhammer
Damage Points: N/A (60 if contact with the ground remains)
Description: The user charges Ototon chakra into their feet as they run, releasing it as each foot hits the earth and makes sound. As each steps sound off, low frequency waves are released, each wave causing an immense vibration to propagate through the ground and into any enemy, making their bodies lose balance as the waves collide with the target repeatedly. As the waves continue to hit the target, the vibrations increase and cause internal pain, almost as if each wave is drilling into the target's body, causing the target to also become nauseous from the continuous waves. Despite its danger, the technique can easily be defended by simply severing ones contact with the ground.

(Ototon: Shinsei) - Sound Release: Divinity
Description: Focusing sound chakra into ones limbs, the user is able to deliver massive taijutsu attacks that can shatter anything on contact, specially solid defenses. When used directly against an enemy, the blows damage the soft tissues of the target if used with a low frequency sound or the targets bones, if used with a high frequency sound. The vibrations don't produce any external effect, unlike what happens with (Ototon: Oto no Ken) - Sound Release: Sonic Fist technique, instead propagating into whatever is touched through direct contact. The user is free in which moves he will perform and can use virtually any stance he knows. However, because it produces no externalization of the vibrations, as the limbs are only infused with sound chakra and the vibrations happen in what is hit, the user cannot attack or defend from things that would otherwise hurt him like bladed weapons, etc.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,838💸
Kumi
26,618💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
The first technique allows the user to scream at a rather high pitch. This allows them to incapacitate the enemy for a single turn. The only question I have is defining what exactly is that incapacitation? Like not being able to move? It’s rather ambiguous in that department. It also can be used to set of explosive tags which are niche but a nice little tid bit.

The user basically gathers chakra into their hands – and with that would create a vibration field on them. They then slam em, releasing a shokwave 160 degree radius. Pretty simple.

This is a more practical one which the user release soundwaves from his/her feet as the move. This waves travel along the surface, and those who are on said surface will feel the vibrations causing them to become unbalanced but if they remain in contact with the surface by the next turn, they begin to feel actual damage to their affected limbs. Its pretty easy to avoid as you simply need to remove yourself from the terrain.

A sound based taijutsu technique in which the user basically has a freedom of choice in striking the opponent with a vibration infused strike. It doesn’t cause any external damage as its more geared towards a more internal damaging component.

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
So we'll use the same method as Imp. These are the last 3 A ranks here.

(Ototon: Takanari Kichigai) - Sound Release: Ringing Madness
Description: The user, gathering their sound chakra into their throat and emitting a sound (anything from a simply whistle to speaking or screaming, etc), creates a high frequency wave that targets a foe's ear, causing this portion of sound to remain in their opponents' ears, manifesting as a building ringing sound. The ringing continues to grow as time progresses, originally disrupting how a person hears hampering their ability to think clearly. From that point, it starts to mess with their balance until they become incredibly disorientated, and unable to mold chakra properly due to this.
Note: Lasts 8 turns and reduces damage of the jutsu used against the user by -5 until this effect wears off while increasing the chakra cost of every technique the enemy uses by +10

( Ototon: Midasu no koe ) Sound Release: The voice of Midas
Range: Short - Long
Description: The user charges sound chakra into each of their hands and slams them together, creating a sound similar to two heavy golden cymbals crashing together. As the hands slam together, it releases a high pitched, high frequency sound wave, resonating in the enemies ear, and causing muscle paralysis upon hearing it. As the loud sound happens, it creates an echoing amongst the field, trapping any who hear it under paralysis, causing slight pain to them, causing their ear drums to bleed. Paralysis lasts one turn but the user cannot use any other sound techniques for 2 turns after using it.

( Ototon: Hauringu Hea Onpa ) - Sound Release: Howling Hair Sound Wave
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Long
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description: By whipping around locks of their hair, the user generates high-frequency sound waves that are capable of simultaneously disorienting the foe by overwhelming their hearing and likewise able to slice at the target.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,838💸
Kumi
26,618💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Finally getting back to this.

(Ototon: Takanari Kichigai) - Sound Release: Ringing Madness
Description: The user, gathering their sound chakra into their throat and emitting a sound (anything from a simply whistle to speaking or screaming, etc), creates a high frequency wave that targets a foe's ear, causing this portion of sound to remain in their opponents' ears, manifesting as a building ringing sound. The ringing continues to grow as time progresses, originally disrupting how a person hears hampering their ability to think clearly. From that point, it starts to mess with their balance until they become incredibly disorientated, and unable to mold chakra properly due to this.
Note: Lasts 8 turns and reduces damage of the jutsu used against the user by -5 until this effect wears off while increasing the chakra cost of every technique the enemy uses by +10
This a bit similar to Whisper to the Canines, and works by gathering sound chakra into the mouth, which is then released in the form of a high-frequency wave that targets a foes ear. This causes the ringing sound that gets louder as time goes on and hampers the targets ability to think clearly, and eventually affects their balance and ability to mold chakra.

A pro of this jutsu is the length it lasts and how it hinders the opponent over time, and a con is that due to not being able to select a specific target this jutsu would also affect your allies.

I would attempt to counter this by finding some way to plug my ears or deafen myself in order to counter the sound.

( Ototon: Midasu no koe ) Sound Release: The voice of Midas
Range: Short - Long
Description: The user charges sound chakra into each of their hands and slams them together, creating a sound similar to two heavy golden cymbals crashing together. As the hands slam together, it releases a high pitched, high frequency sound wave, resonating in the enemies ear, and causing muscle paralysis upon hearing it. As the loud sound happens, it creates an echoing amongst the field, trapping any who hear it under paralysis, causing slight pain to them, causing their ear drums to bleed. Paralysis lasts one turn but the user cannot use any other sound techniques for 2 turns after using it.
A pretty simple technique and one I've seen used a lot, Voice of Midas works by channeling sound chakra into the hands and slamming them together to release a high pitch, high-frequency sound wave the causes the target to become paralyzed upon hearing it.

A pro of the technique is its vast reach and the paralysis effect, but that same effect can also be a con. While the sound paralysis the target it doesn't stop them from releasing jutsu that doesn't require handseal.

Due to how immediately the paralysis takes place, I can't see a way to counter this, but while the paralysis is in effect I would simply stop the enemy from approaching me by releasing a jutsu from my body until the one turn is over.

( Ototon: Hauringu Hea Onpa ) - Sound Release: Howling Hair Sound Wave
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Long
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description: By whipping around locks of their hair, the user generates high-frequency sound waves that are capable of simultaneously disorienting the foe by overwhelming their hearing and likewise able to slice at the target.
Pretty....Unique technique. It works by whipping around your hair to generate a high-frequency sound wave that can disorient the target by overwhelming their hearing and can also slice the target.

Pro of this technique is that it can both slice the target and disorient them, and it's easy and quick to use, and I can't really see a con to this.

I'd counter this by releasing similar high-frequency sound waves to cancel it out.

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Nice. Those are all the A-ranks. S ranks now.

(Ototon Genjutsu: Banshī no te de gōmon no seiki) Sound Release Illusionary Art: A Century of Torture at the Hands of a Banshee
Chakra: 40
Description: The most powerful sound illusion to be created, A Century of Torture at the Hands of a Banshee is a deviant technique, capable of rendering even the most powerful of enemies riddled with fear. The user will focus his sound chakra into a sound he will produce and which will carry the illusion and trigger it on any enemy that hears it. The illusion triggered is simple but surprisingly effective in all its simplicity: pain. Anyone who hears the sound will feel unimaginable amounts of pain all over their body to such an extent that they may even vomit and lose control of their chakra flow. Upon facing such pain, the enemy will lose control over his body and spasm as they curl to try and alleviate the pain. The longer the target is caught in the illusion the more severe the effect is. The illusion however is just that: an illusion. The pain isn't real or associated with any bodily aspect or damage. The user must, however, sustain the inducing sound and focus into his chakra flow (not being able to mold chakra at the same time) to sustain the effects of the illusion as when the sound ends, the enemy stops feeling the pain and recovers virtually immediately. Sounds that can trigger the illusion and carry it can vary from a whistle (very effective as it can be sustained for a lengthy time and be controlled), scream (less lengthy but easier to perform), music (if the user has a musical instrument), etc. If the sound is momentary, however, it will not induce an effective effect.
Note: usable once every 4 turns
Note: while sustaining the sound, the user cannot attack or move from his position, risking otherwise disturbing the sound he's producing and ending the illusion.

(Ototon: Ōkibo na Hibiki Rendan no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Massive Echo Assault Skill
Chakra Cost: 40
Damage Points: 80
Description: This is a much greater and skilled version of the (Ototon: Hibiki Rendan no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Echo Assault Skill technique in which the user gathers his sound chakra into his throat as he inhales afterwards exhaling as he screams, yells or roars. The resulting effect is a massive shockwave of low frequency, high amplitude destructive sound that levels anything in its path. The biggest different is that the user can control the area of affect of the technique, depending on the range he targets and the angle of the sound waves his sound waves take. 180º to 90º, the technique is Short Ranged. 90º to 45º, the technique is Mid-Range and from 5º to 45º the technique is Long Ranged. If used within a water source it receives +20 damage.
Note: Usable once every 3 turns

(Ototon: Ten Ribenji) - Sound Release: Heavenly Revenge
Damage: 80
Description: The user stomps his foot on the ground and releases a massive amount of sound chakra, amplifying the "stomp" sound which is released as a wave of low frequency sound through the ground and also through the air, all around. This omni directional sound "explosion" causes the ground to crack open in an omnidirectional area around the user up to mid range and pushes the air all around through massive sound vibrations. These are able to stop any incoming attack (following logic and elemental interactions) but also disable and stop any attack or thing moving or traveling through the ground.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,838💸
Kumi
26,618💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Finally ;_;

(Ototon Genjutsu: Banshī no te de gōmon no seiki) Sound Release Illusionary Art: A Century of Torture at the Hands of a Banshee
Chakra: 40
Description: The most powerful sound illusion to be created, A Century of Torture at the Hands of a Banshee is a deviant technique, capable of rendering even the most powerful of enemies riddled with fear. The user will focus his sound chakra into a sound he will produce and which will carry the illusion and trigger it on any enemy that hears it. The illusion triggered is simple but surprisingly effective in all its simplicity: pain. Anyone who hears the sound will feel unimaginable amounts of pain all over their body to such an extent that they may even vomit and lose control of their chakra flow. Upon facing such pain, the enemy will lose control over his body and spasm as they curl to try and alleviate the pain. The longer the target is caught in the illusion the more severe the effect is. The illusion however is just that: an illusion. The pain isn't real or associated with any bodily aspect or damage. The user must, however, sustain the inducing sound and focus into his chakra flow (not being able to mold chakra at the same time) to sustain the effects of the illusion as when the sound ends, the enemy stops feeling the pain and recovers virtually immediately. Sounds that can trigger the illusion and carry it can vary from a whistle (very effective as it can be sustained for a lengthy time and be controlled), scream (less lengthy but easier to perform), music (if the user has a musical instrument), etc. If the sound is momentary, however, it will not induce an effective effect.
Note: usable once every 4 turns
Note: while sustaining the sound, the user cannot attack or move from his position, risking otherwise disturbing the sound he's producing and ending the illusion.
Hands of the Banshee works by releasing a sound that induces an illusion when the target hears it. Once in the illusion, the target will feel pain all over their body to the point where they throw up and lose control of their chakra flow, and also lose control over their body and spasm

A pro of this is that it renders the target immobile, and also the fact that even if they break the illusion, as long as the user keeps whistling they'll fall right back into it (I think?). A con is that the user can't move or mold chakra while producing the sound or else they risk breaking the illusion.

The only way I see to counter this is by finding some way to attack the user directly and disturb the sound they are making in order to break the illusion.

Ototon: Ōkibo na Hibiki Rendan no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Massive Echo Assault Skill
Description: This is a much greater and skilled version of the (Ototon: Hibiki Rendan no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Echo Assault Skill technique in which the user gathers his sound chakra into his throat as he inhales afterwards exhaling as he screams, yells or roars. The resulting effect is a massive shockwave of low frequency, high amplitude destructive sound that levels anything in its path. The biggest different is that the user can control the area of affect of the technique, depending on the range he targets and the angle of the sound waves his sound waves take. 180º to 90º, the technique is Short Ranged. 90º to 45º, the technique is Mid-Range and from 5º to 45º the technique is Long Ranged. If used within a water source it receives +20 damage.
Note: Usable once every 3 turns
The stronger version of EAS, this technique works by gathering sound chakra in your throat as you inhale, and release as you exhale in the form of a scream, yell, or roar. This results in a massive low-frequency shockwave that reaches up to short-range or long-range depending on which angle it's released.

Can only see pros to this tech. the first being that it gains a +20 damage boost in water, and the fact that you can control the range of it.

I'd counter this by using one of my own Inuzuka roaring techniques or wind techniques of equal strength.

(Ototon: Ten Ribenji) - Sound Release: Heavenly Revenge
Damage: 80
Description: The user stomps his foot on the ground and releases a massive amount of sound chakra, amplifying the "stomp" sound which is released as a wave of low frequency sound through the ground and also through the air, all around. This omni directional sound "explosion" causes the ground to crack open in an omnidirectional area around the user up to mid range and pushes the air all around through massive sound vibrations. These are able to stop any incoming attack (following logic and elemental interactions) but also disable and stop any attack or thing moving or traveling through the ground.
This technique works by stomping your foot on the ground and releasing a massive amount of sound chakra in the form of a low-frequency sound wave that travels both through the ground and in the air in an omnidirectional manner. This wave causes the ground to crack open up to mid-range and pushes that air away from the user, which stops any incoming attacks coming from the air or ground.

Pro of this technique is that it protects you from all sides, and a con is that it isn't a good technique to use in team battles.

One simple counter I can think of it to simply get out of range of this technique >.>

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Last tech:

Ototon: Sazanami no Kosui) - Sound Release: Ripple of the Lake
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Description: A technique that stands as a combination of both the (Ototon: Oto no Ken) - Sound Release: Sonic Fist and the (Ototon: Shinsei) - Sound Release: Divinity. The user will gather massive amounts of chakra into his limbs and deliver a single, powerful blow into a given target. Not only does the chakra engulf the chosen limb in an aura of vibrations and destructive low frequency sound waves but also, upon making contact with the target, channels the sound into the target, causing vibrations to ripple through the target. What happens is a massive shockwave that blasts outwards on contact, causing massive destruction all around up to the limits of Short-range, producing a small crater (if it hit an opponent, he is sent backwards into long range). This effect is amplified by the sound vibrations infiltrated into the target which ripple through it and cause destruction from within it. The damage is higher on softer tissue which is severely bruised. The technique is highly effective again liquids and highly dense solids.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,838💸
Kumi
26,618💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Lit.

Ototon: Sazanami no Kosui) - Sound Release: Ripple of the Lake
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Description: A technique that stands as a combination of both the (Ototon: Oto no Ken) - Sound Release: Sonic Fist and the (Ototon: Shinsei) - Sound Release: Divinity. The user will gather massive amounts of chakra into his limbs and deliver a single, powerful blow into a given target. Not only does the chakra engulf the chosen limb in an aura of vibrations and destructive low frequency sound waves but also, upon making contact with the target, channels the sound into the target, causing vibrations to ripple through the target. What happens is a massive shockwave that blasts outwards on contact, causing massive destruction all around up to the limits of Short-range, producing a small crater (if it hit an opponent, he is sent backwards into long range). This effect is amplified by the sound vibrations infiltrated into the target which ripple through it and cause destruction from within it. The damage is higher on softer tissue which is severely bruised. The technique is highly effective again liquids and highly dense solids.
This technique works by gathering a large amount of chakra into a limb to cover it in an aura of vibrations and destructive low-frequency soundwaves and then delivering a single powerful blow to the target. Upon contact with a person, the vibrations and soundwaves ripple through the target not only destroy them from within but also launches them back into long-range.

Pro of this is its destructiveness and the fact that it works against water and highly dense solids. Can't really see a con of this besides the range.

I'd counter this by simply dodging the strike since it has to hit a target to do any damage.