Howdy Y'all

BeyondTheTime

Kin
35💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To start, I'm of that generation that got into anime and manga as a kid in in the 90's with the advent of Toonami and greater availability of manga and VHS. Really collected manga and anime dvds in my teens. As things as have shifted more digitally, I've tried to follow at least a few new shows a year, but have mostly had trouble really following stuff seasonally and just less inclided to focus on and binge on shows by myself like I used to. So that combined with missing forums made me wanna try to look for new anime communities to be a part of to share, find, and experience shows with. And I figured I'd like to give this place a try.

Nowadays I'm mostly into drama, horror, romance, and comedies. And if I had to narrow it down to some all timers I'd say Revolutionary Girl Utena, FLCL, Dragon Ball, Devil Man Crybaby, Perfect Blue, Gunbuster, Nana, and Lucky Star have had the biggest effect on me. I'm not as into the big endless battle manga/anime as I used to be as a kid, but sometimes they do still catch my eye.

If the Char's Counterattack song title for a username and the Witch from Mercury avatar doesn't already give it away, I'm also really into the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise and mecha anime in general and have been for a decade. I collect, build, and customize mecha model kits as well as a hobby. And going through Witch from Mercury as it aired has really reinvigorated my love of anime and wanting to get me back into trying out more anime series again and discussing them with other people.

Outside of strictly anime and the related model kit stuff stuff I'm into tabletop / pen and paper roleplaying games, video games (especially horror games and RPGs), and theater.

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto