Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images
1 beyblades. it died down to nothing, but, when it was big, everyone i knew had these things as if they were fidget spinners. they were so big that they gave rise to another trend in the schools.
people would pit paper spinners against the beyblades and continued making spinners even when the beyblades were no longer cool.

2 pokemon. it's still super popular, but not everyone cared for them when they first exploded. i feel like 1 in 3 or 4 other kids i knew had a pokemon game and half of them had an interest in pokemon. pokemon would easily win if we were referring to the entire lifetime rather than the beginning.

3 naruto/dbz. tied because knowing of one means knowing of the other. they both came from similar timeslots during toonami on cartoon network. people didn't really have many items to show for these series, but they always found a way to slip into unrelated scenarios. When someone lost their sense and started fighting, we'd say they went in "beast mode" after naruto, when someone whooped ass we'd say they went super saiyan, and of course we had the dudes who'd naruto run or pretend to shoot kamehas. I'd often see people draw these characters and those who'd use them as background for their laptops. the two series didn't have as many fans in general, but i feel the fans they did have were more devoted in general rather than just to the products.

4. digimon. i'd be lying if i said even 1 in 10 people i knew played its games or referenced it. Any anime after those previously listed were not popular. i'd seen a handful of digipets though.

5. yugioh. not much to say. 1 of my cousins had a few of its games and brought cards and another only bought cards. Literally no one else I knew cared even slightly about the series.

Reactions: Sagebee

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Pokemon season 1 was amazing, it was unique and different. I don't know anything that can really compare to it, tbh.
Digimon and yugioh was better and maybe not that much better then beyblade and bakugan
Post automatically merged:

1 beyblades. it died down to nothing, but, when it was big, everyone i knew had these things as if they were fidget spinners. they were so big that they gave rise to another trend in the schools.
people would pit paper spinners against the beyblades and continued making spinners even when the beyblades were no longer cool.

2 pokemon. it's still super popular, but not everyone cared for them when they first exploded. i feel like 1 in 3 or 4 other kids i knew had a pokemon game and half of them had an interest in pokemon. pokemon would easily win if we were referring to the entire lifetime rather than the beginning.

3 naruto/dbz. tied because knowing of one means knowing of the other. they both came from similar timeslots during toonami on cartoon network. people didn't really have many items to show for these series, but they always found a way to slip into unrelated scenarios. When someone lost their sense and started fighting, we'd say they went in "beast mode" after naruto, when someone whooped ass we'd say they went super saiyan, and of course we had the dudes who'd naruto run or pretend to shoot kamehas. I'd often see people draw these characters and those who'd use them as background for their laptops. the two series didn't have as many fans in general, but i feel the fans they did have were more devoted in general rather than just to the products.

4. digimon. i'd be lying if i said even 1 in 10 people i knew played its games or referenced it. Any anime after those previously listed were not popular. i'd seen a handful of digipets though.

5. yugioh. not much to say. 1 of my cousins had a few of its games and brought cards and another only bought cards. Literally no one else I knew cared even slightly about the series.
I get preference will dictate this but I think objectively digimon anime was better

And naruto and dbz pushed merch but it's not about that so wouldnt count them.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Digimon and yugioh was better and maybe not that much better then beyblade and bakugan
They were different, the marketing of pokemon had everybody hooked on wanting to become a pokemon master. And they could play the games capture loads of pokemon, develop teams and move sets. Play against your friends and everybody wanted to catch the legendary Mew.

Digimon wasn't much past the digivices. Beyblad ewas meh. Yugioh was interesting, but rules weren't really introduced until Battle city. And then you had to collect a lot of cards to build your decks. That wasn't always possible for everybody. I still have my black luster soldier envoy of the beginning and the black magician of chaos, somewhere lol.

If you're judging purely by anime then that's a different story, digimon+ yugioh would come out on top.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Post automatically merged:

I get preference will dictate this but I think objectively digimon anime was better

And naruto and dbz pushed merch but it's not about that so wouldnt count them.
I agree, the title made me misunderstand the question. i thought it was more about their popularity.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They were different, the marketing of pokemon had everybody hooked on wanting to become a pokemon master. And they could play the games capture loads of pokemon, develop teams and move sets. Play against your friends and everybody wanted to catch the legendary Mew.

Digimon wasn't much past the digivices. Beyblad ewas meh. Yugioh was interesting, but rules weren't really introduced until Battle city. And then you had to collect a lot of cards to build your decks. That wasn't always possible for everybody. I still have my black luster soldier envoy of the beginning and the black magician of chaos, somewhere lol.

If you're judging purely by anime then that's a different story, digimon+ yugioh would come out on top.
Well I'm not talking about how good the respective merch was just how the anime stacked up. And I liked the pokemon anime but wasnt must watch for me. But I've watched the yugioh and digimon anime straight through at the time.

Pokemon is just hyped up because its games not its anime. The anime definitely isnt trash did provide nostalgia and watched the anime for quite a while after but the characters weren't too interesting and what kept anime interesting was the battles but again wasnt something that I cared to keep up with. Not sure about the majority just speaking me.