How would the series differ if Naruto had Luffy's personality?

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
Naruto would have......responded the same way actually :what:
Luffy is more selfish than Naruto though, and rather than give ppl speeches Naruto would just beat the crap out of ppl while he tells them that they r wrong.

In other words Luffy is a more selfish Naruto who doesn't care about rules and without all the philosophical crap

Last edited:

Kamui Sama

Elite
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Are you saying he doesn't already have [close to] the same personality?
they are definitely Similar but I do think some things would be different

I think Luffy-Naruto would be a lot less hesitant to fight Sasuke in VoTE 2.0. In the manga, Naruto was pretty reluctant to fight Sasuke because of the bonds that they shared. While, I think Luffy would be more than willing to throw down BECAUSE of those very same bonds.

He wouldn't bat an eye if he had to use force to bring him back. Luffy is a pretty selfish guy XD

solorflare99

Regular
Kin
27๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
24๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Wow I actually never realized how similar they are until you brought up the question.

A big difference is how much more self centered Luffy is. He may not act like a leader but is a preffers to be the leader, in contrast to how naruto may not act like a leader but wants to be a leader.

If naruto had luffies personality I think he would have let sasuke leave the village and trust that he new what he was doing when he joined Orochimaru.
Little things like that.

solorflare99

Regular
Kin
27๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
24๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Naruto would have had RSM and become hokage earlier of he was like luffy.

Luffy's hidden potential (by mihawk) is to attract others, even former enemies.

Kurama would want luffy
Luffy's hidden potential is basically any shonen hero's ability.

Naruto's resume has
Sasuke, Gaara, Nagato, Haku, Zabuza, Obito, Kurama, Neji, and most people infact considering he was a jinchuriki so he already has shit to deal with. I don't see how luffy could have done better.

Also I don't see him becoming Hokage faster or hokage at all he isn't even a real leader. Sure he is a captain but that is just in name and because you have to be in order to be King of the pirates. Luffy doesn't even care about achieving peace only maintaining it. Not to mention that OP has been going on for years and he hasn't achieved his own goal.

WoldOfFingo

Regular
Kin
8๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
He would let Sasuke leave the village saying it's his own decision to make. He would most likely ask him to stay but if he gets a no he would not bother. One of the most important aspects of Luffy is free will and that includes letting other people live their lives how they want too.
He is also a lot less diplomatic. Naruto can still somewhat reason with his enemy (and will try to do this) Luffy is alot more rash and would dash out immediately. he does not want to talk his enemy into backing down. He wants to beat the crap out of them.
The only thing Luffy and Naruto have in common is that both are somewhat not so intelligent.

Reactions: Bad Touch Yakushi

xxSAGExx

Elite
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
they are definitely Similar but I do think some things would be different

I think Luffy-Naruto would be a lot less hesitant to fight Sasuke in VoTE 2.0. In the manga, Naruto was pretty reluctant to fight Sasuke because of the bonds that they shared. While, I think Luffy would be more than willing to throw down BECAUSE of those very same bonds.

He wouldn't bat an eye if he had to use force to bring him back. Luffy is a pretty selfish guy XD
Well Luffy did fight Usopp when he left the crew. Even though that was his friend, he fought him until he couldn't get up. Naruto and Luffy are different in how they want to be preceived as well. Luffy doesn't want to be a hero, he told Jinpei this in the fisherman island arc; saying pirates keep all the meat while a hero would share it and he doesn't want to share lol. Naruto wants to be view as a hero since he wanted to become Hokage to be acknowledged while Luffy doesn't care if he's acknowledged or hated by anyone since lots of people already hate pirates anyways.

I do think Naruto would be stronger, look at how Luffy gained so strong from his childhood to episode 1 of the show. Naruto would be training harder and not be pulling pranks or putting of his lessons. Luffy had tons of different attacks for his devil fruit power and as a kid he was shown training to learn to throw a punch using his rubber power. Substitute devil fruit with chakra and add in that Luffy knew how to fist fight, that shows that Naruto would work on taijutsu more than part 1 Naruto. Luffy learning how to use the 3 types of haki for 1 year and 6 months and become really skilled at it when he was told he would only become a beginner in the time he had. His Haki is at the point that he was beating Doffy badly. I think Naruto would have been more in control of Kurama's chakra in at least 3 tails version 1 and learn more jutsus from Jiraiya.