Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

If politicians are literally avoiding their job and going to the lengths of leaving a whole state to cockblock other representatives?

Should these people be allowed to hold their job at this rate? It's not even that they're effectively shooting down an attempt at implementing a single bill, but that they're stagnating new implementations altogether with the implication being that they'll only return if the other representatives STOP representing an interest of their constituents. Should a politician be ridden of if they do this?

kc5181

Regular
Kin
2,119💸
Kumi
234💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because they have the right to veto a bill. Not enough information otherwise.
Post automatically merged:

Wow, I'm guessing they already know the bill won't go through, so they took a vacation.

Last edited:

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Because they have the right to veto a bill. Not enough information otherwise.
Post automatically merged:

Wow, I'm guessing they already know the bill won't go through, so they took a vacation.
It's not just stopping a single bill, it's about stopping the process of getting any bills, even unrelated ones, through so long as they're gone.

kc5181

Regular
Kin
2,119💸
Kumi
234💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's not just stopping a single bill, it's about stopping the process of getting any bills, even unrelated ones, through so long as they're gone.
I don't live in Oregon or one of its neighbors, I'm on the other side of the country, so it is not much of my own concern. There are 49 other states doing there job and that is what matters.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm not American, so I can't say.

Hlwever, I'm against passing anything which would increase the burden on the common folk.
wtf, how can yall be quick to be like "homosexual bad," but back out when it comes down to this? Neither affects you directly but yall select and choose what yall want to hold words for. Some burdens have to be taken and oregon's constituents show their willingness.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't know but if you are opposing at least taking climate change seriously you are on the wrong side of history imo.
But it's hard to actually do stuff to make a difference it seems.
It's not like everyone is gonna become a vegetarian.

kc5181

Regular
Kin
2,119💸
Kumi
234💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i know that, but your not even going to give an opinion on the implication?
As a Republican I'm really stumped tbh

I'm just guessing that they don't care about liberal laws and hold the majority, so most likely they are on vacation until they can vote, knowing they hold the majority and deny the the thought of these new laws.

Republicans atm are more focused on funding the border wall and fighting a trade war to earn more cash for the country. It all makes sense to me because this economy requires more American products with tax cuts.

kc5181

Regular
Kin
2,119💸
Kumi
234💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know but if you are opposing at least taking climate change seriously you are on the wrong side of history imo.
The atmosphere can hold another 20 years priority wise

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
how can you not know whether or not this is demacratic?? it's not that vague a line.
As a Republican I'm really stumped tbh

I'm just guessing that they don't care about liberal laws and hold the majority, so most likely they are on vacation until they can vote, knowing they hold the majority and deny the the thought of these new laws.

Republicans atm are more focused on funding the border wall and fighting a trade war to earn more cash for the country. It all makes sense to me because this economy requires more American products with tax cuts.
they don't hold a majority but can still shaft it because it would take 2(?) republicans to vote yes on a bill to get it going. problem is that it goes beyond liberal bills and into general ones that should be a concern of both parties.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
wtf, how can yall be quick to be like "homosexual bad," but back out when it comes down to this? Neither affects you directly but yall select and choose what yall want to hold words for. Some burdens have to be taken and oregon's constituents show their willingness.
I'm not backing out, I just feel people are taxed enough, or rather taxed to near oblivion. The rich don't mind paying a little here and there, but the majority of people that will be burdened aren't the rich. Taxes like this aren't proportionate to income, not that I support income tax.

kc5181

Regular
Kin
2,119💸
Kumi
234💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
how can you not know whether or not this is demacratic?? it's not that vague a line.

they don't hold a majority but can still shaft it because it would take 2(?) republicans to vote yes on a bill to get it going. problem is that it goes beyond liberal bills and into general ones that should be a concern of both parties.
That is a matter of opinion. The typical vehicle and aircraft causing global warming is misleading. Cutting down on advance warfare is the key to all of this. Nuclear power for example can destroy 25 percent of the atmosphere, during one nuclear war. It's much more devastating than vehicles.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm not backing out, I just feel people are taxed enough, or rather taxed to near oblivion. The rich don't mind paying a little here and there, but the majority of people that will be burdened aren't the rich. Taxes like this aren't proportionate to income, not that I support income tax.
how do you phase out of something without first discouraging it? it's no different than the tarrifs trump is throwing on everyone to protect american interests, except the fact that it's about the literal survival of humans. consumers play a part in footing the bill all the same. these are willing ones given their constituents.
That is a matter of opinion. The typical vehicle and aircraft causing global warming is misleading. Cutting down on advance warfare is the key to all of this. Nuclear power for examplec can destroy 25 percent of the atmosphere, during one nuclear war. It's much more devastating than vehicles.
i dont know how you jumped to this topic, but vehicles and aircrafts do contribute to climate change. global warming is fueled by greenhouse gasses, which trap heat, and both of those end up leaving a ton of it in the air. I'm not going to deny that a nuclear war would **** us harder, but the fact that there is something that could wreck us harder doesn't mean we can neglect issues that are relatively tame.

You must be registered for see images

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
how do you phase out of something without first discouraging it? it's no different than the tarrifs trump is throwing on everyone to protect american interests, except the fact that it's about the literal survival of humans. consumers play a part in footing the bill all the same. these are willing ones given their constituents.
To the first question, by replacing it with something better. Discouraging it is not the right approach, unless you're offering a viable solution. Tariffs don't work, they always hurt the consumer. The same American consumer(majority of people) who is already struggling to get by. The answer isn't throwing more taxes at them, there are always better solutions. Btw, there's nothing to say the human race will go extinct because of emissions.

Last edited: