How is the whole Momoshiki living inside of Boruto supposed work out?

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,288💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thinking back to when Kurama was still the Kyuubi it was a challenge for Naruto to go all out because of the threat of losing his mind. Now that it is known that you can transform with the karma seal, can this also be its downside? Right now he probably cant fully transform because the karma seal is not fully evolved. So he can only undergo a partial transformation like what Kawaki did. They're basically in the same boat except for a few major differences. The first is Kawaki's ninja tech body. I speculate that it was created to model the Juubi. This would give him a very strong constitution and massive chakra reserves but his mind could easily be corrupted if transformation means he would experience greater influence by whatever or whoever he is transforming into. His past would also play a large part in him being corrupted. On the other hand (no pun intended) Boruto is a royal branch Hyuuga of an Otsutsuki bloodline. Therefore he may naturally have better means to resist Momoshiki when the time comes. The first thing is that him being part Otsutsuki himself would allow the transformation to be more of his own form rather than Momoshiki's so the mental influence wont be as strong. Boruto has already defeated Momoshiki once so there is not only confidence but ability to reinforce that confidence. So while Kawaki may be more of a prodigy than Boruto he does not have the mental strength to resist Jigen. Boruto is different, he overwhelmed Momoshiki and forced him to pass the karma seal on to him. Boruto obtained the seal via triumph and victory. Kawaki obtained his seal because he was powerless to resist and this is the gap between them.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is dependent on that we understand how Karma works, which we don't. While we know that Karma is passed down, we also know that the person who passes down doesn't have to do so willingly nor do they have to die for it to be passed down. This means that the person who passed it down wasn't necessarily sealed within the person it passed the power unto. We also know that the conversation Momoshiki had with Boruto didn't take place within his mind, but in some other way as Sasuke saw the entire thing.

Because of that I think its more likely that what Sasuke witnessed was the last remnants of Momoshiki's will and personality that talked to Boruto and less about him being within Boruto. Another thing to note is what we see in the opening panel of Chapter 1 where Kawaki and Boruto are facing each other. In this scene Boruto refers to him as "Kawaki" and not Jigen. Another thing to note is that Kawaki here refers to Naruto as "The Seventh" further proving that it is Kawaki and no one else as Jigen never refers to Naruto with this title from what we know, opting to refer to him as "Naruto" or "Naruto Uzumaki" instead.

We also know that Kawaki was chosen because of certain characteristics that Jigen was looking for in a vessel. Every other child he gathered died when he tried to give them his Karma. The fact that Jigen also had to try and fail several times means that he either didn't know what he was looking for, or there was no clear indication as to what it was he was looking for. If being related to the Hyuuga or Otsutsuki was a requirement to control Karma better then he would know what to look for. Yet he didn't. This suggest that such an obvious connection isn't the solution.

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am guessing that Ikemoto is following Part 1 Naruto format. The Karma seal would act like the Curse Seal of Orochimaru vs Minato's 8 Trigrams Seal.

It could be that Momoshiki could be lurking within Boruto, similar to Kurama inside of Naruto. This could explain Boruto's eye only activates during Karma mode or with outerdimensional chakra (since it was anime, it falls in the category of being speculation as it is noncanon).

While we know that Kawaki's karma seal morphs him same can be said with Jigen's. I find it similar to Orochimaru's curse seal and if it is, it is possible that we can get Kaguya's resurrected partner. We can already speculate this as Jigen transforms into him (if he is NOT the partner to begin with)

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,288💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So that's why he imprimted Karma to him.
I guess so. It makes sense that passing the seal on to Boruto would give him a chance to be revived.
Post automatically merged:

I am guessing that Ikemoto is following Part 1 Naruto format. The Karma seal would act like the Curse Seal of Orochimaru vs Minato's 8 Trigrams Seal.

It could be that Momoshiki could be lurking within Boruto, similar to Kurama inside of Naruto. This could explain Boruto's eye only activates during Karma mode or with outerdimensional chakra (since it was anime, it falls in the category of being speculation as it is noncanon).

While we know that Kawaki's karma seal morphs him same can be said with Jigen's. I find it similar to Orochimaru's curse seal and if it is, it is possible that we can get Kaguya's resurrected partner. We can already speculate this as Jigen transforms into him (if he is NOT the partner to begin with)
Yeah the whole curse seal thing seems to be the case except karma is more advanced than Oro's seals. The whole extradimensional chakra thing is interesting I think it can be a workable plot point if they wanted to go there. The Jigen being Kaguya's partner is so crazy that you want it to be true even if he's not in Otsutsuki form all the time. Now that I think of it Obito and Madara was not able to change back to normal like Jigen. Perhaps his form is just a disguise or he's a shinobi from Hamura's lineage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chikombo

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess so. It makes sense that passing the seal on to Boruto would give him a chance to be revived.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah the whole curse seal thing seems to be the case except karma is more advanced than Oro's seals. The whole extradimensional chakra thing is interesting I think it can be a workable plot point if they wanted to go there. The Jigen being Kaguya's partner is so crazy that you want it to be true even if he's not in Otsutsuki form all the time. Now that I think of it Obito and Madara was not able to change back to normal like Jigen. Perhaps his form is just a disguise or he's a shinobi from Hamura's lineage.

Yeah IDK if I like the carbon copy plotline. It certainly is one of the best plotline in Part 1 but at this point, I feel like it would come across as lazy.

As for Jigen, I'm still on the fence about Jigen being the partner. I know KP (Kaguya's partner) is retcon but we can say for certain is that Kaguya was allowed to eat the chakra fruit and the God Tree.

Which begs the question, was the chakra fruit her partner?

Another thing with that is if Jigen is indeed KP, how was Kaguya able to do all of the things she has done and where was he?
Jigen being KP's vessel would work as, as far as we know it, he is a human and Hagoromo and Hamura are hybrid human and celestial.

From what I can theorize, it probably went like:

KP and Kaguya went to Earth, Kaguya ate KP but not without giving a Karma seal to some human. That human is Jigen and that he can only get close to being celestial without the God Tree. After all, his design looks like he has a black Byakugan. Jigen at this point would make sense to be the dad of Hagoromo and Hamura.

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,288💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah IDK if I like the carbon copy plotline. It certainly is one of the best plotline in Part 1 but at this point, I feel like it would come across as lazy.

As for Jigen, I'm still on the fence about Jigen being the partner. I know KP (Kaguya's partner) is retcon but we can say for certain is that Kaguya was allowed to eat the chakra fruit and the God Tree.

Which begs the question, was the chakra fruit her partner?

Another thing with that is if Jigen is indeed KP, how was Kaguya able to do all of the things she has done and where was he?
Jigen being KP's vessel would work as, as far as we know it, he is a human and Hagoromo and Hamura are hybrid human and celestial.

From what I can theorize, it probably went like:

KP and Kaguya went to Earth, Kaguya ate KP but not without giving a Karma seal to some human. That human is Jigen and that he can only get close to being celestial without the God Tree. After all, his design looks like he has a black Byakugan. Jigen at this point would make sense to be the dad of Hagoromo and Hamura.
He really not a carbon copy. So far he has ninja tech, nine tails chakra, and a karma seal so there is room for creativity.
As for Kaguya I think she went rogue and tried to sever her connections to the Otsutsuki. Remember how she wasn't a villain until they killed her best friend and her husband turned on her. Perhaps she had orders that went against her ideals at the time. The So6P dad theory is a good one but why was he not around and it would make him very old for a human. What if he was Hamura's son?

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He really not a carbon copy. So far he has ninja tech, nine tails chakra, and a karma seal so there is room for creativity.
As for Kaguya I think she went rogue and tried to sever her connections to the Otsutsuki. Remember how she wasn't a villain until they killed her best friend and her husband turned on her. Perhaps she had orders that went against her ideals at the time. The So6P dad theory is a good one but why was he not around and it would make him very old for a human. What if he was Hamura's son?

Well, I think ninja tech should only be reserved for people who cannot be a full ninja (people like Lee or any taijutsu users or even plebs). Having characters that are tied to celestial beings ninja tech bearers is a bit redundant.

As for Kaguya, I do not see that filler arc as good but it is still a concept in which Kaguya was a good goddess. Perhaps she felt that she wanted Earth for her own? All they did was harvest and destroy planets and maybe she wanted to let it grow some more and maximize its potential? This way, the whole going rogue plotline and having to desperately make a Zetsu army would make sense.

As for KP, yeah.. there are a lot of things we do not know much about Jigen and KP. I'm guessing that Jigen could also be extremely old and that sapping chakra from people is what keeps him alive? Much like how a vampire would function. It is a bit farfetched but that is the most logical one I can think of considering how the celestials are chakra eaters and we find out that chakra is just lifeforce/energy that can be manifested and worked with.

Jigen being Hamura's son? Still begs to question why was he inactive for so long. Or do you mean he is part of his lineage?
At this point, how come Toneri did not recruit him? Or was he like the Hyugas and migrated back to Earth and hid?