[Discussion] How Gohan should've been...

Guardian of the Rain

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't mind that Akira Toriyama turned him into a brainiac, but should've used his smarts for the purpose of researching and developing ki energy. Gohan should've been a professor for Capsule Corps, and harvested the power of ki into world-changing and life-saving inventions. Also, he could've manifested his own ki and created new attacks and techniques because we all know how boring beams, blasts, and balls became after a while.
But, hey, it's Akira's story and he had the right to do as he pleased. DBZ is still legendary and paved the way for many anime.

Reactions: Pumpkin Ninja

Defence

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gohan was never a worrier. Not ever. As seen in the first Arc of dbz he was pretty much reluctant to use physical force. He doesn't thrive on deadly battles in the way goku and vegeta do. He's been struggling against himself throughout the series. So from that perspective Akira did well with Gohan. He became what he was meant to become. A nerd and a mumas boy. Nothing wrong with that

Guardian of the Rain

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Should have just stayed as Mystic Gohan.
You would've wanted him to be just another fighter? That's so bland. DBZ was supposed to be an anime; not a cartoon. In anime/manga, there should be depth, originality, and variety to characters. Mystic Gohan wasn't needed permanently because of the presence of Goku and Vegeta—two fight-loving brutes.

Gohan was never a worrier. Not ever. As seen in the first Arc of dbz he was pretty much reluctant to use physical force. He doesn't thrive on deadly battles in the way goku and vegeta do. He's been struggling against himself throughout the series. So from that perspective Akira did well with Gohan. He became what he was meant to become. A nerd and a mumas boy. Nothing wrong with that
I agree that Gohan was never a warrior. I'm just saying that he should've used his intelligence to research something that every living thing in the DBZ universe has—ki energy.

Defence

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You would've wanted him to be just another fighter? That's so bland. DBZ was supposed to be an anime; not a cartoon. In anime/manga, there should be depth, originality, and variety to characters. Mystic Gohan wasn't needed permanently because of the presence of Goku and Vegeta—two fight-loving brutes.

I agree that Gohan was never a warrior. I'm just saying that he should've used his intelligence to research something that every living thing in the DBZ universe has—ki energy.
Videl was the end of gohan. Since meeting her his destiny was sealed. And pan well I see her as the death of dbz. Lol if anyone would have invited something like that it would have been bulma. But nothing mechanical can possibly enhance Ki as power levels are off the scale anyway in DBZ

Guardian of the Rain

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Videl was the end of gohan. Since meeting her his destiny was sealed. And pan well I see her as the death of dbz. Lol if anyone would have invited something like that it would have been bulma. But nothing mechanical can possibly enhance Ki as power levels are off the scale anyway in DBZ
It's odd how Chi-chi didn't really phase or affect Goku's personality at all, but Videl completely impacted Gohan. Maybe Gohan's human side completely overwhelmed his Saiyan warrior side when he fell in love with her.
LOL, really, dude? Implying that something like that is impossible in the logic-defying world of DBZ? Freakin' tiny capsules can store cars and whatnot -_-

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Dragon Ball Z wasn't that type of anime.

Defence

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's odd how Chi-chi didn't really phase or affect Goku's personality at all, but Videl completely impacted Gohan. Maybe Gohan's human side completely overwhelmed his Saiyan warrior side when he fell in love with her.
LOL, really, dude? Implying that something like that is impossible in the logic-defying world of DBZ? Freakin' tiny capsules can store cars and whatnot -_-
True say nothing is impossoble in dbz verse I suppose. Which reminds me of how much miss dragon ball. It was full of laughs with roshi oolong and Launch esp...

Goku was a worrier through and through. Not even chi chi could change that. Gohan on the other hand is always miserable on the battle field.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Those things are what make for a good anime IMO. Otherwise, it's just a cartoon. Cartoons, to me, are pure entertainment without any real depth or plot.
That's what DBZ is. And that's not limited to cartoons, it can be found in movies, music, etc. By the way, there are cartoons that have depth and plot. Young Justice, The Batman: Animated Series, Avatar, Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, etc.

TheHokage

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mystic Gohan was smart...and at that time he was the strongest in the series.

Neji Hyūga2

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The thing that annoyed me most about Gohan is that he's also potentially the strongest person but every time he's #1 he goes into cocky mode and just loses.....

Really sad that's the only way they made his character be.