Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Military weapons

In my opinion ghouls were not created naturally but rather they were a scientific experiment which aimed to the creation of powerful soldiers whose purpose was the increase of the military power. If you really think about it, their anatomy allows them to live for a whole month only be eating one corpse. That being said, they don't even require any other resources for their maintenance and thus once they're produced, they can be very useful. The RC levels can be very well be something that was developed by humans exactly to work via injection or something. CCG could very well be a special "branch" of militay that was created for that exact reason and thus they have partial knowledge of how to use ghouls' kagunes as their weapons.

Historically plausible

My reason for saying this is that till now, strangely, we do not have data from ghouls that existed in the long past. In fact, from what I gathered, we could say that ghouls started to exist the last 100 years or so since the oldest ghouls we have seen is Anteiku's boss or a granny looking ghoul who had attacked Amon at his very first investigation.

What went wrong

Most probably ghouls were not easy to control and so they ran away from the military. I would actually go as far to say that the very first 2 ghouls were "one-eyed ghouls" since they were genetically evolved humans and from them the very first complete ghoul was given birth. If those one eyed could only eat humans, that said first complete ghoul would gain nutrients only from humans and that's why ghouls are human-only eaters in the first place.

Professor's Kanou role in all that

I believe that the reason for which he's so obsessed with the one eyed ghouls in specific is because they might have some kind of special genes compared to the rest of the ghouls. If you really think about, one-eyed ghouls are supposedly way stronger than the rest but we still haven't given a specific reason for that. It might be something that the first half ghouls had but was lost through the repoduction or it might be that having to eat only humans has a certain drawback or something. I would as far as to say that ghouls are a failed experiment and that the real purpose of the military was to create half-ghouls that wouldn't have that certain unknown drawback that the complete ones have.

Currently on manga we've seen that Arima, by sparing Kaneki, they suceeded in the creation of hubrid human-ghouls who can eat like humans but they're not as efficient as real ghouls.Therefore, a "succesful result" would be the creation of perfect hubrids and that may be the reason for Arima asking from Kaneki to teach one of his students (hybrid ones again) in such a way that would surpass him. Finally, the difference between Arima ad Kanou is that while the first just wants to create superior soldiers as a military weapon, Kanou desires the extinction of humans, seeing them as inferior beings, and thus he only cares for bringing out ghouls' full potential, even if that means to turn them to humans only eaters- as opposed CCG's agenda.

I hope you liked it guys :)

Reactions: YowYan

Byron123

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think one-eyed ghouls came before the general ghoul.
Good t hread btw
Thank you, well if my theory is correct and ghouls are simply genetically altered humans, it would make sense that half-eyed ghouls are like a in between state of evolution instead of a completely new species that was created directly.

6ari8

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The idea crossed my mind but I really doubt that humans had the tech to do something like that centuries before.
The Washuu Clan are the central family that leads CCG, having been involved in its formation. Its members have hunted Ghouls for well over a century, exterminating Ghouls using specialized methods. In 1890, the Japanese Government enlisted the family in the creation of a government entity that would manage and hunt Ghouls.

It's noted that Washuu members are known for being serious investigators that cares deeply about results and are hard to get along with as they are willing to sacrifice many people just to get the job done. Seeing people to be just numbers. However, the only known exception is Yoshitoki Washuu who is said to be kind, gentle and easy to get along with.

Since then, its members have acted as high-ranking officials within the organization.

Besides, that doesn't explain why Ghouls exist all over the world. They even have established family lines like the Tsukiyama family.

Lord F

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I always just assumed that like apes and humans they had a common ancestor and eventually split because of evolutionary reasons. I like your theory though. Good Job it's actually very plausible.

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Military weapons

In my opinion ghouls were not created naturally but rather they were a scientific experiment which aimed to the creation of powerful soldiers whose purpose was the increase of the military power.
This is basically the plot to half the zombie/monster movies that exist. I really doubt Ishida would go for something as predictable as this, no offense to you, of course.

There's also the fact that the Washuu are the oldest of clans that existed in the late 80's and has battled ghouls even prior to that. Lastly, there's the fact that it's highly implausible that the current ghouls are all the product of some escapee ghouls. It's just too farfetched.

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it's just something that is there along with humans you know, kinda like dragon ball living along with animals ant stuff.

Byron123

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The idea crossed my mind but I really doubt that humans had the tech to do something like that centuries before.

Besides, that doesn't explain why Ghouls exist all over the world. They even have established family lines like the Tsukiyama family.
While what you say about chronology is correct, we still can't know exactly when the first ghouls appeared, even if it's like that, for a new species to appear in 1890 is relatively new. Besides, even if it wasn't technonology, it might have been some form of virus or something like that.
I always just assumed that like apes and humans they had a common ancestor and eventually split because of evolutionary reasons. I like your theory though. Good Job it's actually very plausible.
Thank you :)
This is basically the plot to half the zombie/monster movies that exist. I really doubt Ishida would go for something as predictable as this, no offense to you, of course.

There's also the fact that the Washuu are the oldest of clans that existed in the late 80's and has battled ghouls even prior to that. Lastly, there's the fact that it's highly implausible that the current ghouls are all the product of some escapee ghouls. It's just too farfetched.
Well, what you say about Washuu is correct, it could be some form virus that caused. As for the escapee ghouls, well you know, I just wanted to give a basic idea, this whole idea could be enriched but I see where you're coming from.
I didn't even realize the origin of Ghouls were left to theorists..
Why not? We see both Aogiri and CCG trying to develop artificial ghouls and hybrid ones, it would only make sense to theorise about such thing while the distinct trait of ghouls is what it's called "rc levels"- it's directly connected to genetics, so thinking that they were created by a genetic alteration would make sense.
I think it's just something that is there along with humans you know, kinda like dragon ball living along with animals ant stuff.
Well I don't see it the same way because in Tokyo Ghoul we were given even a pseudo-scientific background about ghouls' anatomy and rc levels which make their whole existence more realistic and thus this realistic approach of genetic alteration.