Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm caught up with the most recent chapters of the Naruto manga. I've seen every jutsu ever used, but somehow, one of the most common E rank supplementary techniques confuses me: The Substitution (replacement) technique.

You must be registered for see images

Here we can see that when you use the replacement technique, you swap places with an object. Does that object automatically appear there? Is it a ninjutsu? or does the caster quickly swap the items himself? Does the caster do the jutsu BEFORE getting attacked and they automatically swap once they take damage? Once they start the jutsu, how long will the jutsu be active for? Could someone theoretically do the jutsu hours in advance? Does the user keep supplying chakra UNTIL they get attacked? Can the caster use the jutsu AFTER they have taken damage? How much chakra does the technique take? How far away can the caster place themselves after the attack? Is it a time-space ninjutsu?

The biggest reason i'm asking this is because in the first few chapters of Naruto, Kakashi changed places with a Naruto clone. If this is possible, why doesn't EVERYONE swap themselves with their attacker. If someones getting attacked with a shuriken, why not swap with the person who through it?

The reason i'm bringing this up is because in current Naruto, NOBODY uses this technique. People say that "so-in-so has no counter for amaterasu". Uhh.... what about the replacement technique? Killer bee used it. In this scenario, did bee do this after he caught on fire? Or did he prepare before hand? This E rank move really has the potential to change the nature of a Naruto fight. I mean, in the ultimate ninja games, people SPAM that technique, so why not in the show?

DeadManWonderLand

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The opponents right now are sharingan users who can spot the chakra flow making it pointless to do low level justu such a that.
Though your questions are something i liked to be answered too.
Is is a space time ? It sounds like one and if not is very similar to one.
I would like to hear the opinion of the people of NB on this one.

Derek1st

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The opponents right now are sharingan users who can spot the chakra flow making it pointless to do low level justu such a that.
Though your questions are something i liked to be answered too.
Is is a space time ? It sounds like one and if not is very similar to one.
I would like to hear the opinion of the people of NB on this one.
Thanks for bringing that up: I never quite understood to what EXTENT the sharingan could see chakra either. i know that its not to the extent of the hyuga. What about the rinnegan? Sage eyes?

Wolfang714

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, I can't answer all of your questions, but I can answer how it works. Characters in the series don't constantly use this technique because sometimes there's nothing to swap with. In order for the technique to be successful, there has to be an object you can substitute.

Q of the Sharingan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The basic sub jutsu allows the user to quickly switch places with an object and make it seem like he is still at that point for a very short time. I do believe it is a ninjutsu. You can't switch places with a person that is far away from you because you would have to go over and carry their body to your original placement. Kakashi did that to Naruto because he was inexperienced and did not communicate with his clones. Also, subbing after you take a hit doesn't transfer that damage to the sub, neither does would it get things that are attached to you, like flames, off.

Their are other high level sub jutsus like Oro's and Bee's in his BM. Oro's allows him to shed his skin a heal any damage, much like a snake shedding his skin. This isn't a normal sub because he doesn't actually switch places with anything and performing it wouldn't stop him from getting hit.

Bee's sub is also different. While in BM, Bee is covered in Gyuki's chakra flesh. It is much like Naruto in his BM, but Bee's isn't transparent since he can transform in to the exact beast. Bee moved his real body inside of the chakra to a point that wasn't caught by Ama, the end of one of his tails. The rest of the chakra flesh was burnt until it had one tail's worth of chakra, which Bee had transformed into a clone of himself.

I hope this helped.

kingkwong

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The requirements of this jutsu is:
-A place to hide
-An object to replace you with
-Chakra

Limitations are:
-Speed or no vision allowing the user to use the jutsu
-Certain characters being able to sense or see the chakra of the replacement
-Time duration

In most battles recently, there is no where to hide and attacks have been on a larger scale rather than single target pinpoint attacks. I don't believe that it is a space time jutsu but is the user moving really fast as most substitutions against high level shinobi are made when they lose sight of them for only a split second. Another reason as to why it is not used that often is because most battles are in open areas and there is constant vision of each other. The replacement jutsu must be used before hand as they could not instantly disappear and appear somewhere else or flying thunder god would not be so OP.

This technique is very similar to the transformation jutsu where you can transform yourself into something. The replacement jutsu transforms an object into looking like yourself. The replacement jutsu would only be used as fodder as its combat capabilities would be quite low as the chakra used would have been relatively low compared with other clones such as shadow, wood, water, etc. It is almost like the bunshin technique where the user creates a copy with no physical matter but uses an object to make it have some mass. The replacement jutsu would work without an object to replace it but would be more obvious that it was a fake and be unable to block kunai and shuriken .

So overall it is an E class jutsu as it has many limitations, is hard to use on high leveled shinobi, sensors and other things that can detect chakra. It is mainly used as a decoy or distraction and mainly only effective on lower classed ninjas. It is outmatched by its clone counter parts which have higher combat capabilities at the cost of more chakra.

Derek1st

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, I can't answer all of your questions, but I can answer how it works. Characters in the series don't constantly use this technique because sometimes there's nothing to swap with. In order for the technique to be successful, there has to be an object you can substitute.
Yeah... the enemy