How do you think Tobi escaped Itachi's timed Amaterasu?

Iruka

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
How do you think Tobi escaped Itachi's timed Amaterasu which got activated when he was telling Sasuke the truth about Itachi?
Intangibility wouldn't have worked here .I doubt he could have sucked it in using Kamui.
You must be registered for see images

My personal guess:Izanagi
Even though the majority is going against it, I think Izanagi makes more sense than Kamui.

"Fortunately I managed to keep a few secrets even from him..."

Tobi never made any real effort to hide Kamui. Whenever he was attacked he let attacks phase through him. He never revealed it to be an MS technique but he certainly didn't hide it. I think the secret he kept from Itachi was that he could use Izanagi. It doesn't make perfect sense since Itachi was meant to believe Tobi to be Madara but it makes more sense than thinking Kamui was a big secret.

Going against this is that Itachi must've learnt of the forbidden techniques somehow since he could use Izanami. Since Tobi was his teacher he could've learnt them from him, however there is still the fact that Itachi could read the tablet and was versed in the Uchiha history.

Last edited:

Uzumaki Ray

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If Obito is able to isolate which body parts can be phased into the Kamui world, he can isolate his body off of the flames. After all, his arm is in contact with his shoulder, his shoulder with his chest, his chest with his neck and sternum, you get the idea, and yet, those don't have to go with him. So, neither do the flames.

Two sets of Konan's attacks hit Obito. The first hit because Obito was allowing the paper to pass through his body, then solidified to grab Konan. He attempted to suck up Konan, which rendered him solid. As he did, she detonated the tags, which blew off the arm he was holding with her with and damaged that half of his body, but not his entire body because most of the explosion was sucked up.

The second time, it was an attack that would have lasted for ten straight minutes, and Obito can only go intangible for 5 straight minutes. So, he had to use Izanagi.

Neither instances were because he couldn't let them phase through him, but because Konan exploited moments where he was tangible.
I agree that Konan exploited Obito's movement wherein he was tangible,but when he was falling and was going to go intangible the bombs stuck to him and he stopped (I am not sure of this though) .
Although if you see the episode about which i made the thread again,you can see that Obito screams for a few minutes in pain and struggles to throw off the flames when the Amaterasu activates.This shows that he didn't use intangibility because it wouldn't have worked.
It is after some time that he reappears, when the sound of the flames disappears.
So he either used Kamui or Izanagi hence the flames disappeared too.Personally , i would go with Izanagi since the Amaterasu would have caused a decent amount of damage to Obito judging from his screams and Izanagi would reverse that too..

Also,Itachi wouldn't be dumb enough to have used Amaterasu against Obito if had no chance to kill him.Obito as Tobi was the only Sharingan wielder apart from Itachi in the Akatsuki.It would be stupid to assume that a shrewd person like Itachi wouldn't have known of Tobi's abilities.

Last edited:

obito uchiha the wraith

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree that Konan exploited Obito's movement wherein he was tangible,but when he was falling and was going to go intangible the bombs stuck to him and he stopped (I am not sure of this though) .
Although if you see the episode about which i made the thread again,you can see that Obito screams for a few minutes in pain and struggles to throw off the flames when the Amaterasu activates.This shows that he didn't use intangibility because it wouldn't have worked.
It is after some time that he reappears, when the sound of the flames disappears.
So he either used Kamui or Izanagi hence the flames disappeared too.Personally , i would go with Izanagi since the Amaterasu would have caused a decent amount of damage to Obito judging from his screams and Izanagi would reverse that too..

Also,Itachi wouldn't be dumb enough to have used Amaterasu against Obito if had no chance to kill him.Obito as Tobi was the only Sharingan wielder apart from Itachi in the Akatsuki.It would be stupid to assume that a shrewd person like Itachi wouldn't have known of Tobi's abilities.
It would be shrewd to believe itachi knew obitos ability when obito himself said itachi didn't know.