[Discussion] How do you think Katakuri truly fights?

Dęvîa Puęrî

Elite
Kin
515💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered to see images
So wano hype is so real. I love how realistic it is. I know some people are mad that luffy got one shotted. But honestly, he really needed it. His head got to big in my opinion (I also feel the same needs to happen to Zoro due to how inflated his fanbase is from all his "weak" challenges. Well not one shot I want to see him go all out so bad.-.).

Last arc almost killed Sanji's fanbase and was sort of a clusterfuck. However, Katakuri was the saving grace of it all. I was rereading the fight between him and Luffy earlier this week and realize weve never seen him truly fight. What I mean by that is that he was mirroring luffys actions majority of the fight. Which is counter productive considering that Katakuri (due to his future sight) should prob fight completely different from someone like Luffy (doesn't think just runs up in a pretty straight forward way). In other words smash em if they don't go down hit em harder. If you don't get my drift it's kind of like the abridged dbz cooler movie when goku is talking to Vegeta (will link it down below).
You must be registered for see medias
So that got me thinking what fighting style does he truly have?? What do you guys think?

BTW really like this set up (in terms of the New layout/website) it's Uber easy to use on the phone, as opposed to the older one.

Bimbonium

Elite
Kin
7💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I get your point, though he could be like Kakashi (sort of) copying his opponents style, and when he cannot, he uses his trident

Last edited:

Jerry Berry

Kin
3,505💸
Kumi
9,166💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think part of his character is showing dominance over his opponent, kinda like mirroring abilities but only in greater form, wanting to have a fair fight (stabbing himself), so in another fight against most opponents I don't think he really has much difficulty, i'd imagine he either drowns people in mochi or goes in for the drilling mochi attack with the trident (can't remember what its called exactly sorry). For maybe tougher opponents I don't think he really needs to use the doughnut mochi with block mochi fists, I think he just uses block mochi in his normal form and beats people to death, and then drowns them with awakening.

Dęvîa Puęrî

Elite
Kin
515💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean yeah now that you mention it it would seem like the case. However if he fights someone like a logia or law whitebeard Marco etc he cannot replicate stuff.

I mean I compared his mochi to Doffy strings (I mean at least from awakening stand point) Doffy trys to attack from all angles with string and katakuri tries to drown you with mochi. Both create more of thier substance from thier surroundingss people say that's just parcimas but that wouldn't make since for everyone to get those capabilties. For example law and tsru (old lady) both parcmias who wouldn't make sense if thier abilities somehow manifested through thier surroundings

Jerry Berry

Kin
3,505💸
Kumi
9,166💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very true, I think laws would just be a big ass room but that might be a little overpowered XD
I think someone like a logia katakuri would mostly rely on future sight and block mochi alternating between the two
White beard he would probably use awakening to make it so he could just form into his surroundings trying to avoid be quaked or what be it

Dęvîa Puęrî

Elite
Kin
515💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very true, I think laws would just be a big ass room but that might be a little overpowered XD
I think someone like a logia katakuri would mostly rely on future sight and block mochi alternating between the two
White beard he would probably use awakening to make it so he could just form into his surroundings trying to avoid be quaked or what be it
Same I mean even if it's overpowered it probably used for fodder/range. Also it be broken if law shows amazing obvs haki and puts a room around his body to deflect all things etc I think that be cool same with barto he'd be invisible if he covered himself with a barrier