[Discussion] How do you overcome sadness?

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A bit of a serious discussion but not too serious.

Basically sadness and depression sometimes hits like a sledgehammer even when you least expect it. Bad stuff just happens or someone/something can ruin your day or you could just be in a crap mood for no reason, or maybe you have an illness and you cant really control your mood.
Whatever the case, whether youre discouraged, had a bad day, suffer from constant anxiety - I was just curious how people dealt with it here, how do you pump yourself back up with energy n shiz, or just how do you go through it.

If I'm having a bad day I'll find myself just watching something comedic, maybe will text a few friends and talk about my issues or plan something fun. Usually start up a vidya game or somethin to get my mind off stuff.

Reactions: GrapeApe

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Honestly most of what you mentioned doing is similar to my own paths of coping. This won't seem very intuitive or helpful, but typically I just "get through it." Often times when I experience episodes of depression or overall discontent, I try to remind myself it's temporary, supported by the fact that I've experienced other emotions and states of mind apart from it, so there's no reason why I won't be able to again. I also firmly believe that ignoring or repressing emotional distress such as depression can do more harm than good. So I just try to trudge through it, analyze what it was that put in me that particular mood if anything at all, then work toward possible resolution, or at the very least default to waiting for it to pass.

I know this won't necessarily work for everyone; it's a state of mind that I try to put myself into even when feeling defeated or weighted down by my own thoughts, which isn't something that's always easy or effective for others. So all I can say is go through a process of trial and error until you discover what works for you. Which isn't always easy, but nothing that's worth having is ever easy, as the saying goes. (y)

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly most of what you mentioned doing is similar to my own paths of coping. This won't seem very intuitive or helpful, but typically I just "get through it." Often times when I experience episodes of depression or overall discontent, I try to remind myself it's temporary, supported by the fact that I've experienced other emotions and states of mind apart from it, so there's no reason why I won't be able to again. I also firmly believe that ignoring or repressing emotional distress such as depression can do more harm than good. So I just try to trudge through it, analyze what it was that put in me that particular mood if anything at all, then work toward possible resolution, or at the very least default to waiting for it to pass.

I know this won't necessarily work for everyone; it's a state of mind that I try to put myself into even when feeling defeated or weighted down by my own thoughts, which isn't something that's always easy or effective for others. So all I can say is go through a process of trial and error until you discover what works for you. Which isn't always easy, but nothing that's worth having is ever easy, as the saying goes. (y)
not really..

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Yea I basically just like to "get through it".

I also convince myself "pain is just a part of life" or its "necessary pain" to help you grow. I like to see it as, I go through something that pains me, and I laugh about it later or can laugh about it with others and make them feel alright about their situation.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yea I basically just like to "get through it".

I also convince myself "pain is just a part of life" or its "necessary pain" to help you grow. I like to see it as, I go through something that pains me, and I laugh about it later or can laugh about it with others and make them feel alright about their situation.
It can be viewed that way if it's the result of a specific event causing it. It's always good to learn from experiences you go through in life; that is part of the deal after all. It's easy to want better than what you have, both physically and emotionally. But sometimes we need conflict in our lives to contrast the value of when things are good, as well learn how to identify, handle and persevere through hardship.

When in doubt, just keep on truckin'. "Not all who wander are lost." ✌

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What are you looking for Minamoto?
thenk you!!! :):)...

look its hard lil bit to explain oterwize i would never ask u OKK???...

it's when kaboto visited tobidara in montain grave...teh first scene or rather manga panel of their meeting..i found one but it seemed like it wasn't teh first panel of their meeting...its like they were in middle of conv...
becoz normally if kaboto suprise tobidara with his appearance in montain graveyard...their should be like introduction panel...but a panels i found was theire conv in middle of speaking...

u undastand now???...i just wanna eh first panel manga of their meeting...i searched all but to no avail..

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
thenk you!!! :):)...

look its hard lil bit to explain oterwize i would never ask u OKK???...

it's when kaboto visited tobidara in montain grave...teh first scene or rather manga panel of their meeting..i found one but it seemed like it wasn't teh first panel of their meeting...its like they were in middle of conv...
becoz normally if kaboto suprise tobidara with his appearance in montain graveyard...their should be like introduction panel...but a panels i found was theire conv in middle of speaking...

u undastand now???...i just wanna eh first panel manga of their meeting...i searched all but to no avail..
If you've already seen chapter 489, then I don't have any other ideas of what it could be. Maybe it was another moment in that cave many chapters later.