FitzChivalry Farseer

Veteran
Kin
38💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know the normal response to this question would be to just "dont care about what other think of you" but seriously a life cannot be live in self ignorance and oblivious to the world around. There has to be a way to be able to fight back against bad gossip especially when noones tells you upfront that their talking about you behind your back in a bad way . Does anyone know anything about what I'm talking about?

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It truly is just that, not letting the opinions of others bother you is the only way. It takes an extreme mental toughness. When I say this I don't mean pretending that you didn't hear, or that it doesn't bother you. It takes a certain confidence in yourself that you can take the negative opinions of others and not let it disturb you because of that confidence you have in yourself as a person, if you know the gossip to be false then there is no reason for you to be offended by it.

Really it all comes down to your ego, the only reason you would take offense to something like gossip is if you feel the need for people to see you in a certain light, you have to lose that completely and just live, you have to truly not care what people think about you. Your actions will speak louder than anything you could possibly say I've learned so just be the person you are and people will see the truth, if they ask about it tell the the truth. If they don't believe you oh well, keep it moving.

It's definitely easier said then done though but that's the only way. You are the only one who can let things affect you.

Last edited:

FitzChivalry Farseer

Veteran
Kin
38💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It truly is just that, not letting the opinions of others bother you is the only way. It takes an extreme mental toughness. When I say this I don't mean pretending that you didn't hear, or that it doesn't bother you. It takes a certain confidence in yourself that you can take the negative opinions of others and not let it disturb you because of that confidence you have in yourself as a person, if you know the gossip to be false then there is no reason for you to be offended by it.

Really it all comes down to your ego, the only reason you would take offense to something like gossip is if you feel the need for people to see you in a certain light, you have to lose that completely and just live, you have to truly not care what people think about you. Your actions will speak louder than anything you could possibly say I've learned so just be the person you are and people will see the truth, if they ask about it tell the the truth. If they don't believe you oh well, keep it moving.

It's definitely easier said then done though but that's the only way. You are the only one who can let things affect you.
Your definitely right about the ego. I mean I hate when ppl talk bad about me because I want to be seen in a certain way. I just dont want ppl to talk about me period. But these ****ers dont know any respect. I mean what happened to the golden rule?

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your definitely right about the ego. I mean I hate when ppl talk bad about me because I want to be seen in a certain way. I just dont want ppl to talk about me period. But these ****ers dont know any respect. I mean what happened to the golden rule?
Yeah I feel you, it can be really annoying and is almost near impossible to not let it affect you. You'd have to be virtual dead inside with no emotion whatsoever, which isn't a good way to live.

Only other option I can see is violence, but if you're 17+ that can lead to jail time. So I guess you just have to try your hardest to not let it bother you and it'll get better with time hopefully. Either you'll get to a point where you just stop caring about it, or the truth comes out and your reputation is cleared.

I believe the truth will come out though. U.U