Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Cus if I was a criminal, like I posted terrorist plots online and google searched on how to make bombs, then people would say that's who I am.

But I could also be completely two-faced to that and just act like some random fodder, and that could be who I am just as much.

When something has a bad something to it, then people are quick to distance themselves from that word, even if there is a connection, because they don't want that to be part of their identity.
For example if I told people about a crime I was going to commit, or a terrorist plot, and people called me out on it, then I would say no it was just a joke, so that I wouldn't have to live with that shame.

It could be true. But it could also say something about my character I don't want to admit myself. At least I think so. It can't be proven though so it doesn't matter.

But if someone would say something, communicate a message, then will that determine who that person is? Even if a psychology test would define that person as someone else? Cus we know opinions have connections to personality, that's been proven.

Like what if I said I'm a communist?

But then I check my values for real and it turns out I'm not in agreement, or maybe actual communists don't like me.

Will I become one because I said so? Like, if I was face to face with Marx, back in time, would I be good friends with him? Or would it turn out that I would hate him really?

TLDR
I guess what I'm asking is, first, is it fair to judge people on bad behaviour when they could be nice guys under different circumstances?
And second, what people tell you when they are drunk which could be whatever they dream of, is that a fair indication of who they really are, or don't they know themselves, and maybe they are just appealing to an audience or pretending?

Reactions: Clown World

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,021💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Too much text.. but interesting
I can olny reply at the last sentences:
- after a big analysis and searchings they found out that the big WW2 war criminals were normal people so in some circumstancies you could say they were the best humans....
It's ok to judge ppl for bad behaviour because the bad behaviour reppresents facts and you judge the facts.
- about what a person says when it's drunk looks like it's the truth, but I was never drunk to can prove it myself. But never trust a drunk's words.

About the hypotetic claim that you can be communist and friend with Marx, you have no idea what communism is and even if you say that you are communist not even 10% knows for real what communism is.
Let communism die in the history's recicle bin, it's an utopia that murdered sooo many humans and distroyed so many lives...

Reactions: Marin and Avani

Clown World

Bonbibonkers' bf
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is a symptom of social conditioning, the truth is humans cannot all conform to a belief system that attempts to hinder spontaneous action. Most people have a facade in place of their true nature and willingly keep it there out of fear of consequences for the truth. Bad and good are just relativistic concepts that are not useful on a wider scale, considering some things wrong now werent considered so only a hundred years ago its pointless to look to society for ethical and personal advice. Clinging to a political belief is better than being a centrist, even though most communists would be disgusted with marx' racism and sexism, the benefit however is a purpose fueled by something greater, even if the title/beliefs dont fully define a persons beliefs.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Labels aren't objective. There are so many different labels you can place on someone, people just do so for their own emotions.

If someone kills a tyrant, to some, he's a hero, to the tyrant's fans, he's a murderer. It's all just personal opinions.

Personally, I think identifying yourself with one thing is just limiting yourself. People will label you however they want. If you affected their lives negatively, you get labeled negatively by them, simple as that.

People aren't one-dimensional, there's always a positive aspect, but why should I care that you like puppies, if you also enjoy eating people? lol

As for drunkenness, I think you just disregard social rules, but I don't think that means it's your true self. Anyone can be a savage or civilized under the right conditions.

Reactions: Marin and Michelle

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There's certain things general people brand you and to an extent labels are for convience for example if you want to say something about a random person walking the street you would use some physical identifiers.

For me tour identity is your beliefs, hobbies lifestyle.

FemmeFatale

Supreme
Kin
156💸
Kumi
2,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Most people are predictable, their arrogance just blocks their better judgment. You've been with yourself all fo your life so you know how to hide things about yourself, from yourself...at least you think you are but to others, you are being read like an open book. People can create a semi-accurate profile of you from a little interaction. Stop thinking just with your mind, every molecules about you reacts to your surrounded, you are always picking up info.