Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What kind of person are u?

As far as i know there are 2 kinds of people

There are people who looks up "my anime list",select a genre,choose an anime,look up the synopsis of an anime

Then finally,looks at the reviews..

If the majority of the people likes a particular review(for example lets say an anime got a 3 out of 10)

Then the person decides not to watch it

And then vice versa

People who dont really care about the reviews and ratings and watches it even if the review and ratings are bad

What kind of person are you

And if any of u are the "no 2" type

Have u ever liked an anime tht had bad ratings and reviews?

Last edited:

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I get recommendations from friends. I find that reviews are generally more reliable than ratings, because they give me a better idea of what I'm getting into and what I'll be seeing. Unless the review is extremely poor, which is rare, I'll always give something a shot. Even if it takes me ages to get around to it.

Bimbonium

Elite
Kin
7💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I read reviews, then decide if it's worth the trouble of downloading it, meaning if I get it from a friend I don't usually bother visiting Mal, I also choose anime from people's sigs

Reactions: Yatori

blueflash234

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
look for the author of ur fav anime and look for his other animes or u can ask ur friends... i suggest naruto dragon ball z series gt and super( this ones the latest) i have also heard of attack of titans u should give it a try

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm in the both type. I really look at the synopsis of an anime that I want to try, the genres and maybe the rating. I don't read reviews because that would be spoiling so I stay away from them.

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hm, I'm not really looking for anime.
I'm an images-collector in the first place.. and when I'm searching for images and find something interesting-looking, then I try to find out from which anime/manga it is. So, an anime has to impress me with its artwork/art-style first. If that isn't the case, then I won't watch it.

The next step I follow is watching the first 2-3 episodes. I don't really care about ratings and reviews, but I check if the anime has fanservice. If it does, then I won't watch it, unless the fanservice is very rare. So, about 80% of the anime that I wanted to watch were dropped by me before I even got into it.

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Definitely number two, I don't like reviews so if what I found from either Hulu, my anime list or crunchy roll's synopsis I like a give it a try

Xlad

Supreme
Kin
138💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I just randomly get six animes and give each a number from 1-6. I roll a dice and watch the first episode for 30 seconds. If I don't like the series, I drop them from the top of Mount Rushmore.

Torche

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
3,732💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Numerous ways. I may just google specifically for what I'm feeling, see an image of something that looks cool, MAL, /a/, recommendations from friends, manga I've read, etc. I also obviously do some base research of the anime usually to see if I'll even like it. Don't read reviews though.

Reactions: Sugiyama

sravan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When i see something new in the sites i visit to download anime.I read the synopsis and if its my taste then i will download it.I never go for reviews & ratings because everyone has their own interests..

Reactions: Sugiyama

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What kind of person are u?

As far as i know there are 2 kinds of people

There are people who looks up "my anime list",select a genre,choose an anime,look up the synopsis of an anime

Then finally,looks at the reviews..

If the majority of the people likes a particular review(for example lets say an anime got a 3 out of 10)

Then the person decides not to watch it

And then vice versa

People who dont really care about the reviews and ratings and watches it even if the review and ratings are bad

What kind of person are you

And if any of u are the "no 2" type

Have u ever liked an anime tht had bad ratings and reviews?
I'm more of the two type. I do look up synopsis but only after I've seen something that piques my interest. Usually it's purely visual, if the cover images look good and seem like they have effort in them it draws my attention. Last time I listened to rants and reviews it lead me to AoT which couldn't live up to the hype the fans built for it. I find it better to go in with a vague concept of what you'll be seeing.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just randomly get six animes and give each a number from 1-6. I roll a dice and watch the first episode for 30 seconds. If I don't like the series, I drop them from the top of Mount Rushmore.
The first part was good though I don't like the "after 30 seconds then drop" part. That's way too short to really make an opinion on something, also(and this is just personally) I've sat through movies that were bad for the first half or better but sometimes the ending makes it all worth it and then upon a 2nd viewing you see it wasn't as bad as you originally thought you just weren't in the right feel at the time.