How do I get my writing to reach a wider audience?

ANNEDAX

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ever since I can remember, I have loved books and I have had this strong desire to be a writer. I just graduated from university where I majored in English Literature and I have been posting some of my stories/poems online on Facebook. The problem is that my audience is quite limited. In my country, the literary appreciation level is not as high as in other western countries. I've been saving up for a masters degree in creative writing abroad so as to improve my writing skills, but for the mean time, I'd like to know tricks which can help me take my page to the next level and get in contact with more people who are interested in writing such as myself. Or even an introduction to other platforms where I can publish my work as an upcoming writer. Here is the link to my page on Facebook

Reactions: ~Ethereal~

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know which place will suit you and how can you ensure that your copyrights etc are least at risk or how to take your page to next level. But have you tried google search which can take you to places like this:

(random internet search results for publishing ones work or information about writer's forums etc-)

You should look around at such places or sites and find the suitable platforms for you where you can ask for better advice. Hopefully you can find a good and suitable place. Good luck.

Last edited:

ANNEDAX

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know which place will suit you and how can you ensure that your copyrights etc are least at risk or how to take your page to next level. But have you tried google search which can take you to places like this:

(random internet search results for publishing ones work or information about writer's forums etc-)

You should look around at such places or sites and find the suitable platforms for you where you can ask for better advice. Hopefully you can find a good and suitable place. Good luck.
Thanks. this was definitely useful information. I'll check them out.

Manicherryblossom33

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It helps to never give up. A famous writer once said "A writer is an amateur who never gave up." So, it's okay to feel like an amateur or even have a small audience. Nurture those readers and they will fangirl about your work to whomever. I know I have about works I appreciate.
Some other things that help is noticing where all your favorite stories have faulted. With me, my favorite series are Harry Potter, One Piece, Naruto, Percy Jackson and (it's a video game, but I mainly play for the storyline) Kingdom Hearts. One thing two of those series share is length. I've heard so many people say "Oh, that series is too long. I'll probably never get into it." They also say "Not enough happened in this book/chapter" etc. So I tried to keep my work well-paced. Then there are the people that say "Too confusing! I gave up a long time ago." So, I want my story to be understandable. Even fantasy-fiction or alternate-universe settings can still follow logic. Then there are wierd opening lines. They used to work for me as a kid, but I've grown out of them. For example, don't write anything like "when I woke up this morning, I had no idea I would be hit by a flying pig while watching my neighbor dance ballet." So, nothingcrazy like that. It isn't interesting, it's ridiculous.
So nurture your readers with a good story. Be concise, well-paced, and at least semi-easy to understand. No cheesy, crazy opening lines. Also, make sure to break up your paragraphs properly and check your spelling/grammar/tone.
There are a ton of books you can borrow from just about any library, college or public, and free creative-writing classes you can take online through blogging sites or Universities.
Hope this helps