Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is my attempt at writing a comprehensive way of understanding what Mayuri did to Pernida.

Main points:
Chapter 634:
You must be registered for see images

"Pituitary gland"
"Exceed the threshold of normal lifespan her regenerative konpaku."
"Create a direct connection with the parietal lobe and seize control of body."
He also states that he embedded a "forced accelerated cellular breakdown organ."

He explains in layman's terms:

Basically: consume Nemu's pituitary gland=accelerated regeneration

Background information:
The pituitary gland is known as the "master gland." It's responsible for stimulating the release of many hormones such as epinephrine, ADH (AntiDiuretic Hormone), Oxytocin, and hGH(Human Growth Hormone).

The hormone of interest is hGH. hGH is responsible for , mitotic activity, and cell growth.
Drugs that mimic/stimulate hGH are common in sports as they reduce the recovery time and allow an athlete to exercise more frequently.
In order to release these, it must receive a signal from a superior organ, the hypothalamus (the control center).

Example mechanism:
In producing hGH:

Hypothalamus->Pituitary Gland -> Hormones -> Cells

Notice the hypothalamus on top of pituitary gland. These two glands roles are complementary.

So...
Mayuri mentions creating a direct connection between the , which he kept/removed) and the pituitary gland. He states this was a fail-safe.
He also embedded that special organ into the pituitary gland in order to increase Nemu's regenerative abilities.

How would rapid regeneration kill you?
Increasing the acceleration at which cells divide would increase the chances of cells undergoing mutation or irregular functioning.

There is another term for a cell that multiplies uncontrollably.
Cancer-
Cancer cells are cells gone wrong — in other words, they no longer respond to many of the signals that control cellular growth and death. Cancer cells originate within tissues and, as they grow and divide, they diverge ever further from normalcy.
Nemu is Deadpool without the disfigurement:

To avoid this, Mayuri set up an extra control by creating that connection between the Pituitary and the Parietal lobe.
By removing the cerebrum (which contains Parietal lobe), he removed the restraint on those regenerative cells and thus allowed Pernida's cells to divide uncontrollably.

Kudos to Kubos for some great medical sci-fi horror.

Conclusion:
Essentially, Pernida became a self-imploding mass of tumors.
TL;DR:
Mayuri augmented Nemu's regeneration by embedding an organ to her pituitary gland.
He then regulates the pituitary gland by connecting it to the parietal lobe.

Mayuri removed the cerebrum (includes the Parietal lobe). By doing so, the pituitary+extra organ cause rampant cellular breakdown/tumours
Pernida implodes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - (cut here) - - - - - - - -
Extra note: The extra benefit of securing the cerebrum is that

Kubo's subtle foreshadowing:

"The one thing you thought was perfection [Nemu] is now...a distant memory.[stored in the Hippocampus]"

We'll be seeing Nemu again.

Last edited:
Reactions: FreakensteinAG

Tonybeeth

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Imagine a high rate of metabolism with cells dying and forming at a very fast rate. The destruction and formation of cells so fast in very little time leads the body to disintegrate because it can't handle such complex process.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Probably becuz Perninda's cells multiply'd out of control so that his flesh became more like cancer.

And yeah Mayuri with Prep is god level autoplay
That is pretty much what I said right? :wut:
Anyway this thread has a lot of intel that I didn't know about. So it was awesome to read. Ya know its funny that Perninda governs progress and in the end being overproductive is what killed him autoplay

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good job! You did your endocrinology homework well. +1 rep, like. I just got done reading the chapter right now.

It's either the Pernida exploded in a mass of invasive tumors that destroyed his functioning, or the high rate of cellular reproduction caused his telomeres to drastically shorten and wither away, causing his functioning to disintegrate.

Agent Phrank

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Shut the hell up and get some damn education, I bet your shitty school never went through shit like this. Stop hating and appropriate boi smh

OT: I feel.....enlightened ! That fight was confusing tbh
Thanks. Bleach chapters usually take 3-6 minutes to read since Kubo doesn't use much dialogue but this one was different.
Most readers probably excused Mayuri's blabbering as "Mayuri being Mayuri" or just skimmed through it.

That is pretty much what I said right? :wut:
Anyway this thread has a lot of intel that I didn't know about. So it was awesome to read. Ya know its funny that Perninda governs progress and in the end being overproductive is what killed him autoplay
Correct- cancerous cells caused by over-stimulation
Good catch.
-Similar to:
Gremmy lacked imagination but had the ability to create anything
As Nodt could manifest fear but was scared of fear/dying more than anyone else.

Kubo must've snuck into medical school
That Kubo
tfw Kubo is your gynecologist:

It always makes u appreciate the manga that much more when mangakas' research is legit
Right?
Imagine a high rate of metabolism with cells dying and forming at a very fast rate. The destruction and formation of cells so fast in very little time leads the body to disintegrate because it can't handle such complex process.
A cell's telomeres become shorter every time it divides and
Good job! You did your endocrinology homework well. +1 rep, like. I just got done reading the chapter right now.

It's either the Pernida exploded in a mass of invasive tumors that destroyed his functioning, or the high rate of cellular reproduction caused his telomeres to drastically shorten and wither away, causing his functioning to disintegrate.
The invasive tumors are caused by the shortening of the telomeres so you're right.

Yet, each time a cell divides, the telomeres get shorter. When they get too short, the cell can no longer divide; it becomes inactive or "senescent" or it dies. This shortening process is associated with aging, cancer, and a higher risk of death. So telomeres also have been compared with a bomb fuse.
As a cell begins to become cancerous, it divides more often, and its telomeres become very short. If its telomeres get too short, the cell may die.
juha bach negs mayuri.
What about a Mayuri vs Ishida rematch? :coffee:

what if i told you.... that pernida is still alive.
:cool:
There's definitely a possibility. There might be an extra finger or two crawling around.

*****... you trippin :|

Last edited:

Mikeuhsomething36

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice read, but Pernida has been confirmed to e dead on more than 3 occasions and he still survived, he COULD just use quincy volstang and make this irrelevant but plot be danged :lmao: don't underestimates the soul king's pimp hand, we don't even know if he truly diedm lets wait next chapter for full confirmation, doesn't matter anyway to me if pernida lives then r.i.p. Mayui, if pernida dies then Yhwach gets EVEN stronger :lmao:. Either way his majesty solos :Sparks:. But I still say lord Pernida will live, people said last weel that nemu killed pernida and when I proved them wrong, where they at though :bdpf: now people are saying mayuri will kill Pernida? okay, quincy volstang and r.i.p. Mayuri :Sparks: