[Discussion] How could you make yourself believe in religion?

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
^ Thread title, let me explain

Basically when I was a kid up until I'd say about 12 years old I was 'taught' that Christianity was the right religion, and slowly I guess I drifted away from that thinking as I grew older and myself and my family moved from Florida to New York and subsequently we stopped going to church for whatever reason.
Thing is I never really understood anything that was going on in church, as I was too young to really, and all I ever knew was that not believing was a ticket to hell and bad things would happen to you, yada yada.

So I kind of just fell off from it I guess, because I figured that I cant force myself to believe in anything I just don't, and I still never had anything repeated to me about it other than, "if you don't follow this teaching you'll go to hell". It was just a way to force me to, I guess, say I believe in Jesus and Christianity, because its the right thing to do and anyone who doesn't follow in the churches footsteps are wicked or somethin.

I think what I'm called now is an "Agnostic Theist", which is just a way of saying I believe in a "God" but I don't really follow any religion or any specific god. But thats of my own choice, and is just something I feel myself without having to be told of any muddy consequences to not follow certain rules or believe in anything different.

Reactions: Avaitto

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
true minds :"..god for now is just a hypothesis..that needs to be proven true.."

fake minds :" No god exist , he created universe...proof is that holy books say so..and if u ignore that u will go to hell !!!...u have no right to think ..u r only musted to believe in god!!!"..

• Love

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't know, maybe it's tradition, you do it cus your parents do it or something.
Post automatically merged:

true minds :"..god for now is just a hypothesis..that needs to be proven true.."

fake minds :" No god exist , he created universe...proof is that holy books say so..and if u ignore that u will go to hell !!!...u have no right to think ..u r only musted to believe in god!!!"..
Isn't religion like a huge deal where you live?

• Wow