How come Itachi/ (mainly)Kisame were scared of Jiraiya in Part 1, but not Orochimaru?

Genetics

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Back in part I (keeping the whole double agent Itachi thing in mind) Kisame was hesitant on confronting Jiraiya knowing he had Itachi on his side (who dealt with Orochimaru easily by himself). I know that Itachi was hyping him up to avoid combat, but in Kisame's perspective those two should have been able to handle Jiraiya. Hell, i think in Part II Sasori (assuming by himself since Deidara had no knowledge of their upcoming meeting) was prepared to face Oro when he was going to meet Kabuto on the Tenchi Bridge.

Genetics

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They weren't scared. Itachi lied because he was a spy.

You must be registered for see images

yeah but they immediately retreated when Jiraiya used Toad Mouth Bind. Kisame is one of the people that knows Itachi's strength best so he should have been ready to retaliate (since he assumes Itachi would be on his side)

Oblivionx

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because jiraya is strong and determined. I don't know how can they make light work of orochimaru though. I mean apparently he was considered strongest sannin. May be sannins were supposed to be very strong initially since orochimaru was mostly humiliated in shippuden if memory serves me right so kishi must have thought of making villains strong later on as naruto, sasuke themselves were on the level of sannins by then. And we don't even know if kishi planned to make itachi good later on so yeah it was probably because sannins were supposed to be lot stronger than they were in part 2. In part 1, jiraya was one of the strongest characters, so those statements do make sense.

LuckyMan

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jiraiya was too strong. It was said the very reason Akatsuki never went after Naruto during the 2 year time skip was because the threat Jiraiya posed. Pain was the strongest in Akatsuki and admitted Jiraiya would have beaten him with intel so him posing a threat to the leader means he poses a threat to all or them, which is why they backed off and you seen immediately when Jiraiya died Pain was like "Okay, now lets go get the Kyuubi".

Reactions: Darth AniCetuS

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yeah but they immediately retreated when Jiraiya used Toad Mouth Bind. Kisame is one of the people that knows Itachi's strength best so he should have been ready to retaliate (since he assumes Itachi would be on his side)
That is true which is why he question Itachi.

Genetics

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jiraiya was too strong. It was said the very reason Akatsuki never went after Naruto during the 2 year time skip was because the threat Jiraiya posed. Pain was the strongest in Akatsuki and admitted Jiraiya would have beaten him with intel so him posing a threat to the leader means he poses a threat to all or them, which is why they backed off and you seen immediately when Jiraiya died Pain was like "Okay, now lets go get the Kyuubi".
The thing is, Pain did not know that Itachi was a spy. Assuming that Kisame is samehada-infused & Itachi is a loyal member, he could have ordered them to take on Jiraiya. I don't think any other pair could have handled him, though

Genetics

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That is true which is why he question Itachi.

Hmm ok. I still think Kisame had some technique that could have countered Toad Mouth Bind. It was just convenient for Itachi because the technique made it looked like they were cornered.

Genocide

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Back in part I (keeping the whole double agent Itachi thing in mind) Kisame was hesitant on confronting Jiraiya knowing he had Itachi on his side (who dealt with Orochimaru easily by himself). I know that Itachi was hyping him up to avoid combat, but in Kisame's perspective those two should have been able to handle Jiraiya. Hell, i think in Part II Sasori (assuming by himself since Deidara had no knowledge of their upcoming meeting) was prepared to face Oro when he was going to meet Kabuto on the Tenchi Bridge.

itachi was jiraiyas spy he spoke of

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They weren't scared. Itachi lied because he was a spy.

/thread

It's been ****ing years and people still can't read between these ****ing lines.

Don't even get me started on the retard "they were talking about the Kyuubi, not Jiraiya" theory.

Genetics

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
/thread

It's been ****ing years and people still can't read between these ****ing lines.

Don't even get me started on the retard "they were talking about the Kyuubi, not Jiraiya" theory.
Not really, Kisame could have acted on his own volition (because he assume's Itachi's on his side) and retaliated to Jiraiya's Jutsu The only other people around was a chakra-disabled Naruto & and a passed out Sasuke. No one there was even aware Gai was coming. Kisame is one of the most loyal Akatsukis so he wouldn't betray the group

Darth AniCetuS

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Itachi is one of my favorite characters but people seriously underestimate Jiraiya. And they also forget that engaging Jiraiya would've been nothing more than a waste of time and precious MS powers.

Genetics

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Itachi is one of my favorite characters but people seriously underestimate Jiraiya. And they also forget that engaging Jiraiya would've been nothing more than a waste of time and precious MS powers.
It's true that Jiraiya is strong, but in Kisame, a loyal akatsuki member's perspective it would be taking out a huge obstacle for the Akatsuki. Pain even wanted Orochimaru dead

Darth AniCetuS

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's true that Jiraiya is strong, but in Kisame, a loyal akatsuki member's perspective it would be taking out a huge obstacle for the Akatsuki. Pain even wanted Orochimaru dead
Doesn't matter what Pein wanted. Kisame respected Itachi and his wisdom. That's why all he did was question Itachi about the retreat.

kiiro

Veteran
Kin
57💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well.

Some points we need to talk about. First, Itachi used his Tsukuyomi on Kakashi. He waste a lot of chakra in it. He even retreat from Kakashi and the others.

He came to the village not for only capture Naruto, he went to the village to threat Danzo and say he is still here in the village protecting Sasuke. Third, Jiraiya is strong but still he didnt want to fight becuase a lot of reasons we know in Shippuden.

And Itachi is better than Pain.

NarutoX28

Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chiyo contradicted this notion early within Part 2.

The Akatsuki didn't refrain from targeting Konoha because of Jiraiya's presence, but because they needed to make extensive preparations before they could seal away the Bijuu. Even Itachi acknowledged that Kurama must be sealed away last which rendered the act of targeting Konoha unnecessary.

Last edited:

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because Jiraiya was perhaps the strongest character back in Part 1?

Even with later Shippuden knowledge we know that he's still a force to be reckoned with, in a battle they didn't need to fight or risk themselves to even if Itachi was a villain.

Not to mention, his Sannin hype was godly and probably scared even the Akatsuki- who had never met him.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
itachi at that point was out of chakra.1 tsukuyomi on kakashi, one on sasuke= tired and drained itachi. As for how kisame v jman would have turned out we don't know