Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Option #1 (Avoid watching the anime):
The anime is a bad adaptation, it's not just the reduced violence but it misses out on important plot points near the ending of the anime. These important plot points that the anime misses out on the end, setups up for some mind-blowing events for the manga later on.

However, if you want some sort of animated material to watch, I suggest watching the Toriko 2009 OVA done by ufotable. The OVA covers the first two chapters of the manga so I suggest just reading the first two chapters then watching this OVA:

Keep in mind that the OVA was animated ufotable and the anime is animated by Toei. The OVA is really good.

Option #2 (Watch the anime but only up to episode 123):
If you really want to watch the Toriko anime then just watch the anime till episode 123 and pick the manga from chapter 210. That's what I recommended a friend of mine here to do. Just keep in mind that the anime is aimed for a children audience and doesn't capture the grittiness of the Toriko verse. If you want to know how censored it is then here:
You must be registered for see images

It gets even worse than that but I don't want to spoil too much for you. Typically, censorship isn't that big of a deal for me but Toriko is a series that has over the top violence compared to the typical mainstream shounen (OP/Naruto) and the censorship at times can be quite extreme.

Anyways, if you have any questions regarding Toriko, feel free to VM me or just quote me lol. The anime isn't a terrible choice up until episode 123 but after that it's disgustingly bad. Just remember if you're watching the anime, it's watered down and aimed for children. Canonically speaking, you aren't missing THAT much if you followed option #2 that I provided. Have fun.

Last edited: