How are you supposed to meet someone you like?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I really don't get it, according to studies people find each other online now, or they find each other at like bars and stuff.

But I don't really care about bars or the internet to find people, Isn't it supposed to be like destiny that you just happen to meet people that you really like and then stay with? Like how do you even do that when you are occupied with your own life, like work or school or whatever? Doesn't make sense.

Reactions: GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
most ive done has been through DM's. instagram is lit, when i was single i was knockin down all kinds of models on there. twitter sometimes too but i kind of hate it

but idk my life is very different. im technically considered apart of the public domain legally, i cant even sue people for walking up and taking pictures of me like im a collectible or some shit

my suggestion would be to make some sort of effort. you dont just manifest things without putting effort. if you want a girlfriend or new friends, you gotta step outside of your comfort zone and put yourself in situations where it can happen. that doesnt have to be a bar, that could be a library or whatever. it is slightly harder to approach people as an adult but if you dont shoot your shot, youll never know. online idk, i feel like i wouldnt trust a lot of people, on instagram its different because you can see them, theres voice messages, face chat, its solid to make sure youre not being catfished

kujaku

Kin
2,928💸
Kumi
352💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Isn't it supposed to be like destiny that you just happen to meet people that you really like and then stay with?
What? Who...? We always meet new people, it's up to us if we stick to it and make it work. There's no magic to it, things don't just happen, you have to look around, see who you vibe with and commit to it. In a bar, online, or any other setting.
I feel like you want the easy way out again. You have to put some work into it.
Doesn't make sense.
But consider this: what does make sense?

Reactions: Michelle

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What? Who...? We always meet new people, it's up to us if we stick to it and make it work. There's no magic to it, things don't just happen, you have to look around, see who you vibe with and commit to it. In a bar, online, or any other setting.
I feel like you want the easy way out again. You have to put some work into it.

But consider this: what does make sense?
Math makes sense.

Yeah I do need to stop being lazy.

You know it worked in Naruto, he didn't have to do anything but he still ended up with Hinata in the end.
Like he wasn't even chasing after her he chased after Sakura.

How come life isn't like that?

kujaku

Kin
2,928💸
Kumi
352💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Math makes sense.
Not to me, bro. I don't understand sh*t past a simple equation and naming some geometrical figures. It's all nonsense here.
Yeah I do need to stop being lazy.
This is the first step, keep at it! (but don't start with that going to do it tomorrow thing because tomorrow is an unreachable land. decide on it and do it now)

Reactions: Chikombo

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Me and some coworkers went out for drinks one time to celebrate/pay tribute to one of our cool bosses that was moving on with his life
I feel I'm the awkward one compared to them but we agreed on one thing
And that's that we all were gonna get turnt

I think you dont have to be like other people necessarily, some of the people I've hung out with are nothing like me
But you have to offer something
A unique personality maybe that might seem dull or weird or whatever to you, but adds something of value to someone else

With that it's all just about going out and meeting people and letting who you are out for people to accept/reject
Post automatically merged:

Also you have to be open to different experiences, like, ones that you typically would not do

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,030💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How come life isn't like that
Sometimes is like that. Becoming wary that a childhood friend/school mate is as grown up a gorgeous peroson is often happening.

If this didn't happen to you, then somehow you should have another kind of approach, bolder and braver.
Sounds like a theory, i know, maybe is hard, but is not impossible. Depends on your real desire to do this.

Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: GrapeApe

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm gonna quote Michelle on this:
I think that I have had some honestly pretty good options in my past that I never took a chance on.
Like I had legit opportunities looking back that I lost for some reason I don't know why I was too scared I think.
I can't get those back and it sucks.

kujaku

Kin
2,928💸
Kumi
352💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think that I have had some honestly pretty good options in my past that I never took a chance on.
Like I had legit opportunities looking back that I lost for some reason I don't know why I was too scared I think.
I can't get those back and it sucks.
There's no point looking back now, what's done is done. Every missed opportunity has to be a lesson learned, so as long as you learned something out of it, good job! Now you take that gained knowledge and next time you grab that opportunity and make the best of it. It might pan out, it might be a dud, but even then, at least you get used to it, learn some more, and next time you do better and better.

Pulkit singh3

Regular
Kin
965💸
Kumi
369💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really don't get it, according to studies people find each other online now, or they find each other at like bars and stuff.

But I don't really care about bars or the internet to find people, Isn't it supposed to be like destiny that you just happen to meet people that you really like and then stay with? Like how do you even do that when you are occupied with your own life, like work or school or whatever? Doesn't make sense.
Just join something you like or a internship maybe some sorta job you'll find people...In my experience usually the people who stick with you are either your college friends or Some sorta job colleagues..

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Just join something you like or a internship maybe some sorta job you'll find people...In my experience usually the people who stick with you are either your college friends or Some sorta job colleagues..
Yeah I have tried that route but had no luck. Maybe I will in the future though.

But as people say I need to step out of my comfort zone and not think so much about what ifs and actually do stuff.

kujaku

Kin
2,928💸
Kumi
352💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What you mean?
I think @Imperfection means volunteering for something like a charity, a library, community service, animal shelter, food pantry, museum etc, whatever you are interested in. That's actually a really good way of connecting to people with who you have something in common, makes it easier to start a conversation.

Plus the satisfaction you only get by giving something without expecting anything in return. That's a special kind of nice feeling.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think @Imperfection means volunteering for something like a charity, a library, community service, animal shelter, food pantry, museum etc, whatever you are interested in. That's actually a really good way of connecting to people with who you have something in common, makes it easier to start a conversation.

Plus the satisfaction you only get by giving something without expecting anything in return. That's a special kind of nice feeling.
Or I could pretend to care just to meet people fufufuffufuf..

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I was thinking of volunteering to meet people. Was considering a hospital at one point

Plus good to put on resume

I'll get to it eventually. But yea was just saying that I think volunteer is a great way to meet other people.