Horror Manga?

theslenderson

Member
65 posts 5 reactions
Joined
Apr 15, 2014
Messages
65
Reaction score
5
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Maybe I put this in the wrong section, or maybe no one really cares and wants to bully me. So I'm changing the first post.
I do want to warn you that when I say horror, I want to be scared or feel uneasy when I read it. I don't want it to really be full of much gore or just be gross. Some people find it scary, I don't.
So, why don't we talk about what manga we think are scary. If you don't like it, then just go away. I just want to have a nice chat about my favorite manga genre, not deal with people who want to make me feel like a total loser.
 
Last edited:

Obítō1

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
3,865 posts 202 reactions
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
3,865
Reaction score
202
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
....................
 

Rinianne

Jōnin Strategist 🧠
Regular
1,375 posts 121 reactions
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
1,375
Reaction score
121
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I am in a loss of words
 

theslenderson

Member
65 posts 5 reactions
Joined
Apr 15, 2014
Messages
65
Reaction score
5
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
....................

Really? You think that's a good horror manga?
I don't know. The general plot is loose and boring, the exposition is faulty, the climax is lacking and the ending is well...you know how most horror manga are. I don't find it that exciting at all.
 
307 posts 24 reactions
Joined
Jun 24, 2013
Messages
307
Reaction score
24
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I don't think there are many horror readers on here. But how scary is Junji Ito? Will a coward like me, who is afraid of exorcist/demon movies be able to sleep?
 

BLAZE

Sage of Six Posts 🔮
Immortal
59,497 posts 3,577 reactions
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
59,497
Reaction score
3,577
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
i tried 'I m a hero'
but it soloed me
 

Uchiha Ichigo

Member
146 posts 7 reactions
Joined
Mar 10, 2014
Messages
146
Reaction score
7
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
 

theslenderson

Member
65 posts 5 reactions
Joined
Apr 15, 2014
Messages
65
Reaction score
5
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I don't think there are many horror readers on here. But how scary is Junji Ito? Will a coward like me, who is afraid of exorcist/demon movies be able to sleep?

I didn't think there were either. But, honestly, I just wanted to see how many were interested. It really depends on how scary you think Body Horror is. He's very famous for that. But if you're really careful about which of his works you read, I think you would be fine. I just wouldn't read Uzumaki or Gyo if you're really easy to scare.
But Tomie isn't too bad.
 

LUMOS ULTIMATUM

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
3,277 posts 338 reactions
Joined
May 29, 2013
Messages
3,277
Reaction score
338
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Google is your friend. Also, don't feel ashamed of yourself because I have seen much worse. There were people on the forum who asked for yaoi and no one rebuked them.
 

BLAZE

Sage of Six Posts 🔮
Immortal
59,497 posts 3,577 reactions
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
59,497
Reaction score
3,577
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I didn't think there were either. But, honestly, I just wanted to see how many were interested. It really depends on how scary you think Body Horror is. He's very famous for that. But if you're really careful about which of his works you read, I think you would be fine. I just wouldn't read Uzumaki or Gyo if you're really easy to scare.
But Tomie isn't too bad.

i m not into horror manga's
but 'i m a hero' was said to be best zombie manga till date.
too bad it creeped me out
 

My Username

Banned
Regular
1,692 posts 111 reactions
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
1,692
Reaction score
111
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Watch ''fairy tail''
In that anime females get lots of badass action and screen time that rightfully belong to the cool badass males!
how scary is that? female anime characters should be helpless!
 
Y

YokoKurama

Guest
The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service.

It's my favorite manga. I don't think it's so scary that I can't sleep but the story is interesting.
The art is also great imo. I love it.
 
307 posts 24 reactions
Joined
Jun 24, 2013
Messages
307
Reaction score
24
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I didn't think there were either. But, honestly, I just wanted to see how many were interested. It really depends on how scary you think Body Horror is. He's very famous for that. But if you're really careful about which of his works you read, I think you would be fine. I just wouldn't read Uzumaki or Gyo if you're really easy to scare.
But Tomie isn't too bad.

Body horror seems interesting. And i may give Tomie a try :)
 

theslenderson

Member
65 posts 5 reactions
Joined
Apr 15, 2014
Messages
65
Reaction score
5
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service.

It's my favorite manga. I don't think it's so scary that I can't sleep but the story is interesting.
The art is also great imo. I love it.

Is it more psychological horror than anything else? It sounds interesting. I'll put it on my list.

i m not into horror manga's
but 'i m a hero' was said to be best zombie manga till date.
too bad it creeped me out

I looked it up and it got sooooo many reviews about how it was one of the best manga of all time on top of being the number one zombie horror manga. What about it creeped you out so bad?

Body horror seems interesting. And i may give Tomie a try :)

He has other works, like anything about Souichi isn't too scary. I really think as long as you avoid Uzumaki and Gyo, you'll be fine.

Google is your friend. Also, don't feel ashamed of yourself because I have seen much worse. There were people on the forum who asked for yaoi and no one rebuked them.

I use google to find the manga's I've already read. But it's always nice to have an actual opinion and someone to discuss it with. Really? Why would you ask for yaoi in the first place? ehhh....

Watch ''fairy tail''
In that anime females get lots of badass action and screen time that rightfully belong to the cool badass males!
how scary is that? female anime characters should be helpless!

NO NO NO NO. That is crossing a limit. There is a limit to how much horror I can take, my friend. If I were to read that, i would probably have a nightmare so horrifying, I WOULD wake up female and badass. You're trying to give me a heart attack!!

In all seriousness though, I need to read Fairy Tale.
 
Y

YokoKurama

Guest
Yeah you could say that. Give it a try. I had a hard time putting it down.
 

LUMOS ULTIMATUM

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
3,277 posts 338 reactions
Joined
May 29, 2013
Messages
3,277
Reaction score
338
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Is it more psychological horror than anything else? It sounds interesting. I'll put it on my list.



I looked it up and it got sooooo many reviews about how it was one of the best manga of all time on top of being the number one zombie horror manga. What about it creeped you out so bad?



He has other works, like anything about Souichi isn't too scary. I really think as long as you avoid Uzumaki and Gyo, you'll be fine.



I use google to find the manga's I've already read. But it's always nice to have an actual opinion and someone to discuss it with. Really? Why would you ask for yaoi in the first place? ehhh....



NO NO NO NO. That is crossing a limit. There is a limit to how much horror I can take, my friend. If I were to read that, i would probably have a nightmare so horrifying, I WOULD wake up female and badass. You're trying to give me a heart attack!!

In all seriousness though, I need to read Fairy Tale.

Dunno. This forum is pretty chaotic!
 

theslenderson

Member
65 posts 5 reactions
Joined
Apr 15, 2014
Messages
65
Reaction score
5
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Yeah you could say that. Give it a try. I had a hard time putting it down.

I definitely will. Thank you for the recommendation. I'll give you one as payment: I'm currently reading Drifting Classroom right now, and it's also not too scary. The art isn't all it could be, but it drawn/written in 70's.
 

My Username

Banned
Regular
1,692 posts 111 reactions
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
1,692
Reaction score
111
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I wish there was a cool anime about a werewolf
 

a banned cartoon

Jōnin Strategist 🧠
Veteran
2,091 posts 209 reactions
Joined
Oct 8, 2012
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
209
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Pupa is good.
 

Anarkist

Leaf Village Regular 🍃
Regular
531 posts 21 reactions
Joined
Apr 16, 2014
Messages
531
Reaction score
21
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Corpse Party, there's 4 manga series of it but I'm not too sure what the order is though.
 
Top