Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How strong are they and who would you compare them to?

You must be registered for see images

I'm talking mostly about their older versions, but you can also talk about their younger versions.

While they are never noted as standing out like Hiruzen and Danzo, they were still part of the team so they are unlikely to have been very weak. Even in the likelihood that the academy had already adopted its "weak balancing the strong" team selection policy, the fact that they trained under Tobirama - a pragmatist - and were taken on important war time missions with him implies they were strong.

This implication is supported by them being right next to Hiruzen during the Kurama attack, being right on the frontlines for pushing Kurama back.

Their old age also works in their favour. It implies strong experience and wisdom and being village elders also suggests they could know a few powerful sealing techniques. They have also survived multiple wars and village troubles and we know they didn't hide away since they were on the frontest front lines against Kurama.

Of course, old age and an office job also suggest being highly rusty, but the same job title and their unique sense of duty also suggest they are always alert and would not allow themselves to drift away. While i would prefer to stick only to the manga, the anime offers something to support this with Koharu having spotted a hidden paper bomb and deciphered its age very quickly.

Hiruzen and Danzo are highly likely to be their upper level limit and they probably should be considered relative to them. In that case, it's not too bad as Hiruzen in his old age was still considered the strongest of the Five Shadows.

With all that in mind, how strong do you think they are? I think their upper limit is a cut below Hiruzen (which would be the level of normal kage) since they never competed with him and Danzo!and their lower limit should be at least elite Jonin since they stood against Kurama at the very front while the likes of Fugaku, Hiashi and other clan leaders were available.
Post automatically merged:

Dunno why pictures aren't appearing.

Nidaime Suiton

Regular
Kin
424💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In Itachi Shinden, Danzo said they were fodders but became Konoha elders because they were Hiruzen's close friends, and survived through wars because they were teamates with stronger people that protected them. Danzo saw Hiruzen, Kagami and Torifu as valuable shinobi in the old generation, but not Koharu and Homura.

But I don't consider myself Itachi Shinden as canon.

There is a scene during Kyuubi attack in which we can see Hiruzen and his old comrades from the 1st Great Shinobi War, in combat outfit, defending the village.

In this panel, we can see that Homura is an user of parchments. Kishimoto teased us here a specific fighting style for Homura, but later he never developed it.

You must be registered to see images

I theorized myself that Homura is possibly linked to Tenten. I think that he has the same fighting style than Tenten, he is a weapon user, he summons weapons through his parchments as Tenten. And it's makes sens because Tenten didn't invent her fighting style, there must be older people in Konoha who possibly deviced this fighting style. Homura might be one of them, maybe they're from the same family as Tenten's family name is unknown.

Concerning Koharu, none informations,even in this panel. But she seems to be smart. In fact, she was the first person in Tobirama's squad to find a solution to escape from the Ginkaku and Kinkaku unit, it was her who proposed the decoy strategy.

Some details in the manga shows that she inherited a lot from his former master the 2nd Hokage in term of mindset. Like when the Council was discussing about the possible Uchiha coup d'Etat, she was very angry about the Uchiha ploting a Coup d'Etat and already called before Danzo for a strong preventive action if it comes to be true. It shows that she has a logical mindset like Tobirama Senju. And between Homura and herself, it is always herslf who talk most and give most advices to Hiruzen. In fillers she even publicly clashed Danzo when he blamed Hiruzen for Minato's death, she loudly asked " But what where you doing Danzo !? " . So she is rude.

So even though she might be a fodder shinobi, she still can be useful in term of tactics. She isn't a Sakura-like who is always crying and thinking about her crush.

Last edited:

AlphaMaleLion

Veteran
Kin
191💸
Kumi
2,530💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In Itachi Shinden, Danzo said they were fodders but became Konoha elders because they were Hiruzen's close friends, and survived through wars because they were teamates with stronger people that protected them. Danzo saw Hiruzen, Kagami and Torifu as valuable shinobi in the old generation, but not Koharu and Homura.

But I don't consider myself Itachi Shinden as canon.

There is a scene during Kyuubi attack in which we can see Hiruzen and his old comrades from the 1st Great Shinobi War, in combat outfit, defending the village.

In this panel, we can see that Homura is an user of parchments. Kishimoto teased us here a specific fighting style for Homura, but later he never developed it.

I theorized myself that Homura is possibly linked to Tenten. I think that he has the same fighting style than Tenten, he is a weapon user, he summons weapons through his parchments as Tenten. And it's makes sens because Tenten didn't invent her fighting style, there must be older people in Konoha who possibly deviced this fighting style. Homura might be one of them, maybe they're from the same family as Tenten's family name is unknown.

Concerning Koharu, none informations,even in this panel. But she seems to be smart. In fact, she was the first person in Tobirama's squad to find a solution to escape from the Ginkaku and Kinkaku unit, it was her who proposed the decoy strategy.

Some details in the manga shows that she inherited a lot from his former master the 2nd Hokage in term of mindset. Like when the Council was discussing about the possible Uchiha coup d'Etat, she was very angry about the Uchiha ploting a Coup d'Etat and already called before Danzo for a strong preventive action if it comes to be true. It shows that she has a logical mindset like Tobirama Senju. And between Homura and herself, it is always herslf who talk most and give most advices to Hiruzen. In fillers she even publicly clashed Danzo when he blamed Hiruzen for Minato's death, she loudly asked " But what where you doing Danzo !? " . So she is rude.

So even though she might be a fodder shinobi, she still can be useful in term of tactics. She isn't a Sakura-like who is always crying and thinking about her crush.
Lol okay i must admit you can make people laugh xd

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The combination of Danzo being abrasive and Hiruzen choosing to use them on the very front lines against the biggest combat threat known to the world at that point invalidates the opinion of Danzo, for me.