chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Who else remembers Hisoka the Magician from the Hunter Exam? What ever happened to that Hisoka? I'd have liked to seen more of him. The magic smoke relocation, the cards and how he turned that dudes arms into flower petals. None of that seems like his nen abilities really so what were they? Does Hisoka have more Nen types we don't know about yet? Were they just some form of marital arts? It seems like as soon as Heavens Arena started and Nen came about that aspect of Hisoka's character disappeared.

Thoughts on the skills, would you want to see more of this Hisoka again or stick with Nen only?

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So let me explain this simply: in One Piece at the start, Shanks(Yonko) let a nobody tier bandit disrespect him... this was because Oda was trying to get him to be respected and looked at as a nice guy and he had no idea that he would make Shanks so powerful in the future.

So what I'm saying is that Togashi introduced Hisoka in a certain way but then realised how big the story can be so he switched up the rules and the characters.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So let me explain this simply: in One Piece at the start, Shanks(Yonko) let a nobody tier bandit disrespect him... this was because Oda was trying to get him to be respected and looked at as a nice guy and he had no idea that he would make Shanks so powerful in the future.

So what I'm saying is that Togashi introduced Hisoka in a certain way but then realised how big the story can be so he switched up the rules and the characters.
Except Shanks still carried on his strength in the series and Oda did know how strong Shanks would be from the start evidenced by the conq haki and the hat, the fact that he laid those 2 things out early shows he knew Shanks place even back then. This however is a bit different as we never see these skills again. I was just curious if others wanted to see more of what got Hisoka the epithet Magician, if they thought those moves were some nen class Hisoka has yet to reveal having etc.

Last edited:

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I actually think that Shanks being disrespected and laughing it off IN SPITE of being a Yonko makes that scene even better.

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I actually think that Shanks being disrespected and laughing it off IN SPITE of being a Yonko makes that scene even better.
Do you see the current Shank allowing a nobody bandit to disrespect him like that? A mere comment from BB nearly got him and his crew fighting, If Oda knew Shanks was going to be the way he is shown now, surly he would have just used KH on all the bandits.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you see the current Shank allowing a nobody bandit to disrespect him like that? A mere comment from BB nearly got him and his crew fighting, If Oda knew Shanks was going to be the way he is shown now, surly he would have just used KH on all the bandits.
BB's not a nobody so they're not really equivalent comparisons. I think you missed the point of Shanks speech.

EZQ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Arms into flower petals is texture surprise imo. No other explanation. The rest is just the usual magic stuff, i guess he does carry smoke bombs and stuff. He was pretty magic against Kastro. But against elite opponent he can't afford to use those tricks imo.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Smoke and mirrors don't usually work on experienced fighters such as pro hunters with Nen. If Hisoka starts going back to that we'll start trying to find how and when Nen is being used.