Heroes Tale

xenonoah

Kin
43💸
Kumi
1,664💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just a little something I decided to write for fun haha. Hope y'all find it interesting I haven't written in like 4-5 years so... ^_^

It feels like Ive been falling for more than 5 minutes i thought before i hit the ground. Thump as i hit the bottom of another system of the cavern. The air escapes from my lungs fleeing from my body all at once. My vision is blurry with tears from the pain of the fall. The other workers snicker and yell down at me, " Filthy Human! You won't be getting out of this so easily like last time! " tiny rocks hit the floor around me as they kick dust and dirt down the hole I now find myself in. As the lights fade from them leaving i watch trying to catch my breath still from being thrown. The lights slowly leave me alone in darkness with dirt and tears streaking my face. Deep breaths..Deep Breaths I think to myself as i realize my torch has gone out when i fell with it in my hands. The floor we were on was dangerous enough as it is with Dire Wolves being on such common mob for this area. However, if i don't get my torch lit soon it will all soon be over as i scramble in the dark. Time is of the essence, I push myself with my arms and barely make out the torch as my eyes have adjusted just in time to make out the area of where my torch is. It takes my a couple of tries to light it due to the shock of hitting the floor so fast and so high from the upper level of the cave. Four tunnels lead out from this Stone and Rock Chamber looking room. Small puddles exist around the side of where i landed and now i see the Stalactites from the top and bottom of the cavern. I am just lucky i wasn't pierced by these sharp natural stone spikes on the way down. I pull out my map and try to orientate myself, " I HATE THIS PLACE!" "WHY CANT I GO BACK HOME!". I can't read this thing its not even in my language! I collapse on my knees and cry into my hand and try wiping the tears profusely but, to no avail they keep coming. I miss my old world and i miss my school, most of all i won't be able to know what my crush was going to say to me before, i ended up in this new world. I pick up a stone that fell from above and throw it as hard as i could into one of the caverns jumping and kicking up dust as i stand up and run and throw it behind me into the entrance to another tunnel. I look up at the hole to this cavern now dark and no way of me being able to climb this. I laugh to myself, " Well I'm sure this can't get any worse than it is already." Almost as if on cue the howl of Dire Wolves rip through the air vibrating off the tunnel and caverns walls like they were right behind me. Gleaming out from the darkness of the reflection of my torch are the dark red eyes, 8 eyes to be exact of those of the Dire Wolf that reside in these levels of the cave.....

It's another beautiful day on the island of Okinawa, Japan and the breeze is blowing from the ocean filling my room with the scent of the Ocean Sea right through my window. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP... SMACK. As i hit the top of my alarm clock. "Summer really is over" I say out loud to myself. I start my first year of High School today after being off for three weeks. The three weeks honestly flew by since the new VRMMO Game "Heroes Tale" came out this Spring. It has been all I have grinded and played ever since. I hear the soft voices of people outside my window walking down the hill towards the school a couple Kilometers away. I glance back at my clock again. Oh Shit! I'm going to be late if I don't start to get ready now. I quickly change and brush my teeth as I run downstairs. My mother in the kitchen already made me to-go breakfast and a lunch bento. I writhe " Mother I'm in high school now I want to eat school lunches like the other kids! You don't have to pack me lunch!" I yell out as I run out the door with my breakfast in one hand and my new high school jacket sleeve on in the other. I open the door and Summer morning sunlight engulfs me as I run outside towards the entrance of my school ready to start a new chapter in my life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael92

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting piece :lok::lok:...

I like the way you give us these small details yet everything is shrouded in mystery and darkness.
For what it was it's definitely not a bad piece to start off something with (something you might already have done already seeing as you said it had been years since you wrote it).

Just too bad NB/AB is still a wasteland when it comes to readers/writers these days, back in 2012 this would definitely have had more reads/comments for sure. My comment isn't top notch either, just thought I'd leave something anyways ;)