[Discussion] Help out a Newbie

Kagutsuchi

Kage in the Making 👑
Legendary
17,637 posts 744 reactions
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
17,637
Reaction score
744
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Hello All,

I started watching Tokyo Ghoul Anime .. I finished Season 1 and started season 2..
but for some reason Season 2 doesn't feel the same as Season 1..


So my question is .. IS anime true to Manga or not ?

Should I read manga from beginning ? or should I read from somewhere in between ?
 
304 posts 52 reactions
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
304
Reaction score
52
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Manga is different i think
 

Ricardo

Banned
Elite
8,708 posts 1,019 reactions
Joined
Mar 13, 2014
Messages
8,708
Reaction score
1,019
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Season 2 is an anime original it does not follow the manga truthfully. Season 1 kinda did but it left out some stuff aswell. i suggest you read the manga instead.
 

Gintõki1

Sannin of the Scrolls 📜
Elite
8,016 posts 974 reactions
Joined
Apr 11, 2014
Messages
8,016
Reaction score
974
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
S1: Rushed as hell, skipped character development and portrayed Kaneki wrong.
S2: Studio decided to not follow the Manga anymore and come up with their own shit story and turned what was bad already into utter garbage.

Start the Manga from beginning and if you're done switch to the sequel named Tokyo Ghoul:re.
 

Kagutsuchi

Kage in the Making 👑
Legendary
17,637 posts 744 reactions
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
17,637
Reaction score
744
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Is Manga good or is it bad ? :/
 

Gintõki1

Sannin of the Scrolls 📜
Elite
8,016 posts 974 reactions
Joined
Apr 11, 2014
Messages
8,016
Reaction score
974
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
If the Manga would be bad we wouldn't be here and tell you to read it.
 

Lyke

Banned
Legendary
12,598 posts 1,361 reactions
Joined
Jan 18, 2013
Messages
12,598
Reaction score
1,361
Status
Offline
Activity Streak

kimb

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
4,499 posts 554 reactions
Joined
Aug 22, 2012
Messages
4,499
Reaction score
554
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Is Manga good or is it bad ? :/
The manga is god tier, it's the anime that shits on the TG brand. If only the anime was produced by studio madhouse from the beginning, Tokyo Ghoul would have a much larger following.
 

JStar King

Sannin of the Scrolls 📜
Elite
8,958 posts 791 reactions
Joined
Apr 13, 2014
Messages
8,958
Reaction score
791
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Hello All,

I started watching Tokyo Ghoul Anime .. I finished Season 1 and started season 2..
but for some reason Season 2 doesn't feel the same as Season 1..


So my question is .. IS anime true to Manga or not ?

Should I read manga from beginning ? or should I read from somewhere in between ?


No, it skips a lot of parts in the manga and changes some of them.
 

-Punk-

Member
35,343 posts 3,840 reactions
Joined
Aug 23, 2012
Messages
35,343
Reaction score
3,840
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
lol.

-Anime is shit, both seasons.

-Manga is godly, read from chapter 1.
 
Top