Hello Akame Ga kill people

Mutsuhitu

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey people im new to this show so can anyone help me out before I read the manga or watch the anime. Like what's the plot, main character, theme and why should I watch it. Please and thank you

Ricardo

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The anime was a disappointment to be honest. The manga is far, far superior.

Plot wise:
The story follows Tatsumi, a countryside boy that travels to the capital to join the military and earn money to send to his village suffering from poverty.To him the capital is a place filled with opportunities and a happy life. But after reaching the capital he soon realizes exactly how corrupt the capital is. After certain events he is recruited by Night Raid, A group of assassins that wish to overthrow the government and end this corruption.

Worm

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The plot is about a rebelling army or rather a group of assassins working under that army facing off and eliminating the higher ups of a corrupt government. So it's the same old corrupt government setting, but it's not really expanded upon at all. The antagonists are just evil for the sake of being evil, as if they were born like that. They also wield mystic weapons called Teigu.

Gonna be blunt and say it's badly written right now. It's an edgy shounen, but if you like the edgy battle shounen element and are going in it just for the fights, then well you can read it if you want to. Just don't expect too much. A lot of people were massively disappointed by the latest chapters.

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you like action (especially the gory kind), you can read it, it has fun fights. But it's pretty shallow, as in, doesn't explore the universe in-depth or anything, and the themes are pretty straightforward.

Though honestly, I'm only in for one particular character U_U

Funky Tiger

Veteran
Kin
41💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
if you like little girls getting raped and killed everyday for a naruto-esque story and like to call it all mature and stuff on naruto base, yea go for it.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it would definitely suggest the read. Sadly, however, the ending of the anime did some unjust towards the series due to it's serious plot twist changes towards the end. It reminded me a lot of how the original FMA was.